NEurope
Cube

Netflix Live action Marvel shows - Daredevil, Luke Cage, Iron Fist & Jessica Jones

A new TV series with multiple characters: Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist and Luke Cage. It will air on Netflix

http://marvel.com/news/story/21476/disneys_marvel_and_netflix_join_forces_to_develop_historic_four_series_epic_plus_a_mini-series_event

Disney's Marvel and Netflix Join Forces to Develop Historic Four Series Epic plus a Mini-Series Event Based on Renowned Marvel Characters

Landmark Deal Brings Marvel’s Flawed Heroes of Hell’s Kitchen, led by "Daredevil," to the World’s Leading Internet TV Network in 2015

Burbank, Calif. - Nov 7, 2013—The Walt Disney Co. (NYSE: DIS) and Netflix Inc. (NASDAQ: NFLX) today announced an unprecedented deal for Marvel TV to bring multiple original series of live-action adventures of four of Marvel's most popular characters exclusively to the world's leading Internet TV Network beginning in 2015. This pioneering agreement calls for Marvel to develop four serialized programs leading to a mini-series programming event.

Led by a series focused on "Daredevil," followed by "Jessica Jones," "Iron Fist" and "Luke Cage," the epic will unfold over multiple years of original programming, taking Netflix members deep into the gritty world of heroes and villains of Hell's Kitchen, New York. Netflix has committed to a minimum of four, thirteen episodes series and a culminating Marvel's "The Defenders" mini-series event that reimagines a dream team of self-sacrificing, heroic characters.

Produced by Marvel Television in association with ABC Television Studios, this groundbreaking deal is Marvel’s most ambitious foray yet into live-action TV storytelling.

"This deal is unparalleled in its scope and size, and reinforces our commitment to deliver Marvel's brand, content and characters across all platforms of storytelling. Netflix offers an incredible platform for the kind of rich storytelling that is Marvel’s specialty," said Alan Fine, President of Marvel Entertainment. "This serialized epic expands the narrative possibilities of on-demand television and gives fans the flexibility to immerse themselves how and when they want in what's sure to be a thrilling and engaging adventure."

"Marvel’s movies, such as 'Iron Man' and 'Marvel’s The Avengers,' are huge favorites on our service around the world. Like Disney, Marvel is a known and loved brand that travels," said Netflix Chief Content Officer Ted Sarandos. "With 'House of Cards' and our other original series, we have pioneered new approaches to storytelling and to global distribution and we're thrilled to be working with Disney and Marvel to take our brand of television to new levels with a creative project of this magnitude."

This new original TV deal follows last year's landmark movie distribution deal through which, beginning with 2016 theatrically released feature films, Netflix will be the exclusive U.S. subscription television service for first-run, live-action and animated movies from the Walt Disney Studios, including titles from Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Disneynature and Lucasfilm. Netflix members can currently enjoy a wide range of Disney, ABC TV and Disney Channel films and shows across the 41 countries where Netflix operates.

Isn't it four new series about each character, rather than one about all four?

I only know about Daredevil anyway.

Sounds pretty cool!

Although SHIELD is yet to fulfill the potential with Marvel TV shows, it'd be exciting to see some new characters developed in this way to them put into the movie universe.

Marvel really must have been glad to get Daredevil back, being so quick to throw him into the spotlight again!

A Daredevil film would be cool, but this will do I guess.

Jessica Jones sounds a bit fucked up having read the Wiki! ;p Also she's from the Spider-man universe!?... bit weird.

I'll watch it but im not exactly hyped. Jessica Jones is the only one from that list of characters ive ever found interesting.

I only know about Daredevil anyway.

Yeah four series about each character, and then a series about all four of them coming together to form a group.

It sounds like one show, with each season focusing on a new character.

It sounds like one show, with each season focusing on a new character.

Ah, got it.

Netflix Live action Marvel shows coming 2015 - Daredevil, Luke Cage,Iron Fist & Jessica Jones

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jacelacob/marvel-teams-with-netflix-for-four-original-series-and-mini

Thanks to a landmark deal announced today between Netflix and The Walt Disney Company’s Marvel TV, several popular Marvel Comics characters will get their own serialized live-action series on the streaming platform beginning in 2015, including Daredevil, Jessica Jones (who starred in Brian Michael Bendis’ critically acclaimed comic Alias before moving over to The Avengers), Iron Fist, and Luke Cage. Each of the four characters will get their own 13-episode series, which will then culminate in a mini-series event based on the Marvel franchise The Defenders that “reimagines a dream team of self-sacrificing, heroic characters.”

Just poped up on my facebook

Awesome!

Heard this on the radio cool news, I like how once all their stories are done they are all coming together in a mini series.

I'm surprised this only got one response....

Yeah it certainly seems like a good way to deal with the characters, as you could argue that the lesser known ones would be less popular in their own mini series, so to culinate in a mini series alows them to gain focus whilst having the safety net of a larger cast of heroes

In fairness it's also been posted in the Netflix vs Lovefilm and Marvel Phase 2 threads (and maybe the SHIELD one) :heh:

Not that I'm saying this thread shouldn't exist...but rather I should do some admin stuff and merge. Will do now.

Done, although as its chronological Cube now started this thread and you look like a crazy person saying there's only been one response.

Edited by Ashley

Done, although as its chronological Cube now started this thread and you look like a crazy person saying there's only been one response.

crazy-cat-lady-1_o_GIFSoup_com__zpsa26a385d.gif

buggahbadwhenfignwewubfjsjbajbfhjbwekbfkseb

meep

Daredevil update...

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/12/06/drew-goddard-confirmed-to-write-direct-and-serve-as-showrunner-on-daredevil

Drew Goddard Confirmed to Write, Direct and Serve as Showrunner on Daredevil

Marvel have officially confirmed the reports from last month that Drew Goddard will serve as the main creative force on their upcoming Daredevil TV series for Netflix.

Goddard will write the first episode of Daredevil and serve as showrunner and executive producer. In addition, he will direct the series premiere. Goddard made his directorial debut with Cabin in the Woods, which he co-wrote with Joss Whedon. His previous work as a writer includes Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Alias, Lost, Cloverfield and this year's World War Z.

The 13-episode Daredevil series is the first of four individual Marvel/Netflix series, which will then lead into a Defenders crossover miniseries,. Daredevil will debut in 2015 and will be followed by TV series featuring Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Iron First.

Goddward is a huge Daredevil fan who had previously mentioned working on the character as a dream project.

Daredevil has been cast.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/27/boardwalk-empires-charlie-cox-cast-as-daredevil-for-marvel-netflix-series

British actor Charlie Cox -- whose credits include Stardust and Boardwalk Empire -- has landed the title role in Marvel's Daredevil Netflix series. Latino Review first reported they were hearing rumblings of Cox's casting, which were then confirmed by Variety.

charlie-cox.jpg

Over the weekend, news broke that Daredevil's original showrunner, Drew Goddard, had stepped down from that role, though he is still writing the first two episodes and will serve as an executive producer/consultant. Steven S. DeKnight, Goddard's fellow Buffy and Angel alum -- who was the man behind Starz' Spartacus -- has taken over as showrunner.

Those are perhaps the ugliest glasses, I've ever seen....

It's like he didn't look at them when he bought them.

It is funny though that they would make the glasses red even though they're keeping the outfit black.

Speaking of which, looks like the outfit from Trial of the Incredible Hulk :p

tvtrialincrediblehulk02.jpg

Daredevil shouldn't cover his eyes. That's stupid. There's no sense in advertising that you're blind/your alter ego is a blind man. It's like Batman advertising that he's rich by carrying around a credit card.

Oh wait...

GothCard.jpg

Edited by Shorty

That's a brilliant motion poster to give you an idea what kind of superhero Daredevil is. Would they drop the entire series of Daredevil in one go or an episode per a week on the Netflix?

Woot finally a date :D

Though it only just occured to me, with all eps going up in one go the chances of any crossovers to tie in with events in a film or maybe even an ep or two of Agents of SHIELD would be slim? Unless they base all the eps prior to Age of Ultron as that is not out till April 24th.... suppose they could base it in the "past" and maybe have reference to events happening in films that have released already like the Phase 2 films.

Though with Ultron out 2 weeks later suppose the final ep of Daredevil might also contain a bit of a prelude to Ultron?

Or maybe I'm asking for too much :heh:

Looks like I'm getting Netflix in April. Will have to think about dropping Amazon Prime because I only use it for the delivery service and Constantine.