NEurope
Hero-of-Time

FAST:Racing Neo

Been a long time since that update was sent to Nintendo for approval. Wouldn't be surprised if they think "fuck it, let's just port it to PS4 instead.".

Been a long time since that update was sent to Nintendo for approval. Wouldn't be surprised if they think "fuck it, let's just port it to PS4 instead.".

Supposedly it's being held up by Nintendo because they're looking to update the US/EU and JPN versions at the same time (presumably because of cross regional online play).

It's likely that there's a longer process involved because of the Japanese version, which probably has its own set of requirements in place as well (not to mention cross region online testing as well).

Edited by Dcubed

It's just as well that I didn't delay the review any longer to coincide with the much-touted January update! :p

Speaking of which, the game itself is very much worth picking up as it is. :)

N-Europe Review

content-2-34630-fastracingneosidebox.jpg

Indeed I hear that the game is outstanding and worthy of all the praise it has received thus far. ;)

[/shamelessPlug]

Launched the game last night and was informed that 'the software update is complete'. I think it's just a bug fix mainly, and there are also some improvements to the stability of online races.

Looking good! :D

Second track makes me thing of Big Blue from F-Zero. :)

Edited by S.C.G

Keeping the hyper-speed hype craft running. ;)

These new tracks can't arrive soon enough. : peace:

Edited by S.C.G

Price of the DLC... £4.20 / €4.99 :)

That's for Eight tracks, Ten vehicles and Eighteen new pieces of music all new to the game! :D

Phenomenal value, I had wondered if there would be an offer for anyone buying the game digitally plus the dlc but at that price, there's no need! : peace:

Great value indeed, haven't played it much but tempted to buy DLC and get back into it. The single player is so badly designed - far far too difficult it just feels unnatural. Like you have to do well in every race because you're playing against AI rather than a natural race where anything can happen. The original felt the same, probably worse actually. Good game though.

I am going to get this, I've just started playing it again, but there are just to many games I have to finish....

Anyone know why anytime I choose to play one of the new cups it routes the game through the e-shop first?

Anyone know why anytime I choose to play one of the new cups it routes the game through the e-shop first?

This happened the first time I got the dlc, I think I just had to go along with it... try to get the dlc again then it reverts back to downloaded state, you go back to the game/title screen and it should then say "new cups unlocked" or something like that; sorry I can't remember exactly how it happened, it's a bit shoddy initially that it does that but once it's working it will work fine from that point. :)

Great little game, this! I played on the Wii U version for a bit, but nice to see how many new tracks RMX has. Still doesn't *quite* capture that FZero GX feeling, but it's pretty darn close. Can definitely feel the HD rumble too, although I wouldn't say it adds that much to the experience. Will definitely be giving this one more of a go when I can tear myself away from Zelda...

Online is pretty slick.

I've played it a bit today. I also noticed you were playing. Do you know if there is anyway to play people from your own friends list?

Its a major oversight if not :(

Is this game worth getting. I never played Wii U version. Can't see any reviews for switch game

Only played it a little so far, seems pretty good. Impressive visuals. Gameplay feels a bit closer to Wipeout than F-Zero, as does the ship designs. Not sure it has the charm of F-Zero yet but only done one cup.

I've played it a bit today. I also noticed you were playing. Do you know if there is anyway to play people from your own friends list?

Its a major oversight if not :(

It didn't give me the option but just lumped me in with a random pack sadly. Its a shame if they can't patch for friend races.

I'm certain the Wii u one you could race friends... hope bomberman isn't the same. Worried this stupid app which isn't out yet is what's needed or something....

You can play with friend in Bomberman so it's not the app is this game unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can play with friend in Bomberman so it's not the app is this game unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So strange as the Wii U version you can play friends, hope they patch then I'll definitely get it presuming people on here will be up for it!

Definitely seems like an oversight on Shin'en's part. They seem like a great team though so I'm sure they'll add in a future update

Played through the first few cups and really enjoying it in single player, haven't attempted an online race yet though

EDIT: Just tried online, it's very choppy. Not so much framerate wise but more positions of other racers on the track. The last race I definitely finished 2nd but in the results I was given 3rd and it definitely wasn't a neck and neck finish. Also had problems with bumping into invisible cars. I didn't play the online on Wii U much so don't know if it improved as it went on but this definitely needs improvement.

Edited by killthenet