NEurope
Hero-of-Time

FAST:Racing Neo

Vau, I have expected at least 39,99 euros, actually I have hoped for it as the prices are high on eShop.

How is it financialy worth for Shin'en and Nintendo?

I know there idbno physical media and retail cost, but still? At least 19,99 euros was to be expected (as I have said, I have expected more).

Maybe Nintendo isn't even expecting to make money on this and just want to give owners something they have asked for, during this period? Or did they financied 100% the game, so they are just hoping of selling as many as possible an so making the money ( I don't know how much the games did cost to make), while the fans are happy?

Nintendo have nothing to do with it. it isn't a full game, but an eshop game (there was one on the wii too) and although cheaper than expected, still in line with other shop games.

Sounds like the right price to me. Definitely not too cheap! Arguably, the price of Nintendo's own downloadable retail games is kept artificially high.

Nintendo have nothing to do with it. it isn't a full game, but an eshop game (there was one on the wii too) and although cheaper than expected, still in line with other shop games.

What does it mean it's not a full game?

What does it mean it's not a full game?

He means that it's not a retail game. You know, like Shovel Kni... Oh wait...

He could have worded it a bit better.

Date and price finally announced.

It's an eagerly anticipated Wii U eShop exclusive, and now Shin'en Multimedia has finally confirmed the launch details for FAST Racing NEO; the good news is that we'll be on the grid soon.

It will arrive in North America and Europe on 10th December, and even better it'll be at a rather reasonable €14.99 / $14.99 / £10.99. Shin'en has even released a snazzy movie-style poster to celebrate the occasion.

630x.jpg

Very happy with that price. :yay:

Yes! :yay: Really surprised by the price too, nice one Shin'en! :bowdown:

He means that it's not a retail game. You know, like Shovel Kni... Oh wait...

He could have worded it a bit better.

Shovel Knight isn't either , the retails price is a LOT lower, so I didn't mean not retail :P

I mean it's an indie, made by a smaller team. But actually FULL was the wrong word. I just meant it's a small indie game and not a full blown expensive production.

Ah OK, I get it. I was comparing it to Mario Kart as I thought it should be simmilar, that's why I have expected a higher price.

I think the advantage with these titles is that you get more sales. So if it cost £50,000 and was sold at £40 to 2000 people with 30% profit (£24k), it is still better for them to sell it at £10 to 20000 people at 30% profit... (£60k)

These numbers are totally plucked out of the air... just to demonstrate a principle.

Even if they make the same overall income, as a developer I imagine having the 20,000 people enjoy their product is better than 2000...

I thought the same, but still Nintendo will get some money, probably a big percentage of the sales, and it looked to me that the game isn't to cheap, they did put a lot of effort in it. But yeah, if they move about 1m, or more, copies (I know it's a big number, but it's relatively cheap, plus there isn't a lot people can buy - Xenoblade could be a problem there) they will probably be very happy.

I thought the same, but still Nintendo will get some money, probably a big percentage of the sales, and it looked to me that the game isn't to cheap, they did put a lot of effort in it. But yeah, if they move about 1m, or more, copies (I know it's a big number, but it's relatively cheap, plus there isn't a lot people can buy - Xenoblade could be a problem there) they will probably be very happy.

if it wasn't for XB I can imagine Fast being out tomorrow.so a shame from that point of view.

Considering how long it has been in development, I'm really shocked at how low they're pricing it off the bat!

I reckon they could've gotten away with a higher day 1 price for sure!

Still, I'm not complaining! Can't wait! :D

Amazing, will definitely be buying it on day one! I would have happily paid £15 for it, so pleasantly surprised at the low price.

Are we going to have NE competition races on release day?

Edited by killthenet

so we should get reviews early next week right?

I am impressed with the vids I seen but I wanna hear about AI and track creativity..

IGN seem to be very positive about it. Still worried about the AI, hope it's VASTLY improved over the WIi version. But even so, online will make up for it. Can't wait!!

IGN seem to be very positive about it. Still worried about the AI, hope it's VASTLY improved over the WIi version. But even so, online will make up for it. Can't wait!!

Yeah, this is what my purchase decision hinges on. If there's rubber banding AI in the game then they ain't getting my money. It's such a cheap mechanic that has no place in a driving game.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

"Recommended" on Eurogamer

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-12-08-wii-u-fast-racing-neo-review

No one has really mentioned AI, but this sounds hopeful:

This much is characteristic of many racing games. In Neo, however, a momentary lapse in concentration can undermine an otherwise heroic tour. Racing games rarely deal in such extremes, offering rubber-banding and other tricks to offer a chance to restore your position and pride. Here you, must live with your mistakes. For many, such pitfalls may prove too deep. At its best, however - when you're launching from a colour-coded ramp high over a bridge, before landing metres in front of a rival - Fast Racing Neo offers an exhilarating impression of the game to which it pays such loving tribute.
Edited by peterl0

From the Metro Review (7/10):

http://metro.co.uk/2015/12/08/fast-racing-neo-review-f-zero-tribute-band-5552340/

This is nowhere near a game breaker though and instead most of FAST Racing NEO’s problems are simply that the game isn’t as carefully designed and perfectly refined as the one it’s desperately trying to be. The tracks often look hugely impressive, with giant sandworms rearing out of the ground and asteroids floating dangerously towards you, but the actual design is still fairly pedestrian compared to the real F-Zero GX. Instead the difficulty comes more from the infallibility of your opponents than the cleverness of the course design.

The robotic artificial intelligence was a real problem with FAST Racing League, but like everything else in this sequel the issue has been addressed and improved – if not entirely removed. What we have no complaints about though are the game modes, with several tiers of Grand Prix style championships, time attack, and the unlockable Hero mode – where your boost energy is also your health and if you wipe out (pun intended) that’s it

Cant wait to get paid a week on Wednesday to pick this up, still enough time for some more reviews to drop but so far its looking pretty good. Anti grav racing...i've missed you!

Huh...

Today, I learned that the Metro realise that F-Zero GX existed...

Metro's game writers are surprisingly good actually! They tend to put out some good reads in general, better than many of the major gaming sites.

Seriously! Don't knock em'! They're well worth listening to : peace:

Metro's game writers are surprisingly good actually! They tend to put out some good reads in general, better than many of the major gaming sites.

Seriously! Don't knock em'! They're well worth listening to : peace:

Yeah, but we live in the UK. No-one cares about Ninty in the UK.

I just find it genuinely surprising that there's a review of a Ninty-exclusive eShop game in a popular (free papers tend to be popular) British newspaper.

More props to them. If they review Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon, I'll be truly impressed!