NEurope
Hero-of-Time

FAST:Racing Neo

neolhptg.jpg

So, Shin'en have finally announced their Wii U game. I never played the original on the Wii but it was highly rated and seen as a spiritual sequel to F-Zero. I'm hoping this allows for online racing.

Yeah Wii version was great (tempted to whack it out tonight :) )

Online and this will be so so good. Hope it's early next year, could get lost under mario kart!

Hopefully the controls aren't limited by the simplicity of the Wii Remote like the original was. With better controls and some sort of advanced turning technique, it could make a very strong substitute for F-Zero.

Aww yeah! Totally expected it (they've been hinting at one of their two upcoming Wii U games being an online play enabled sequel to FAST for a while now), but still happy to finally see it confirmed!

The first game was great. A bit simple in comparison to the F-Zero games, but still a really great racer. I have high hopes for this one! :D

F-Zero? F-Zero is that you?
Nope F-Zero is now in Mario Kart, because remember every game needs a gimmick or they can't make a new one ;p. Once they run out of stuff for Mario Kart the cycle will come back on itself with Mario Kart weapons in the next F-Zero etc... ;p

Falcoooooon... Kart!

said no one ever.

Given Shin'en's knack for getting amazing graphics in a small filesize, I am looking forward to this game

Never played the original (or heard of it even?)... but colour me interested!

I played the trial version of this game on the Wii and it was fantastic. If I had cottoned on to it all much sooner, I would have bought the full game. By then, it was too late and I was already looking forward to other games.

Will be getting this, if anything to make up for that. Provided this doesn't turn out to be utterly dreadful, of course.

Nope F-Zero is now in Mario Kart, because remember every game needs a gimmick or they can't make a new one ;p. Once they run out of stuff for Mario Kart the cycle will come back on itself with Mario Kart weapons in the next F-Zero etc... ;p

Falcoooooon... Kart!

said no one ever.

Every game doesn't need a gimmick, they need to sell, which is something that the last couple of F-Zero games failed to do. Nintendo seemed to have attempted to turn F-Zero into a multimedia franchise with the anime, the 3 GBA games and GX. We all know how that ended.

I'm eagerly awaiting gameplay footage for this game, hopefully it's more fleshed out than the Wiiware version.

This was seriously announced too early, it's ridiculous that there still hasn't been any footage shown.

Yeh was announced way too soon , also where is 90s racer ? I was hoping that would be out for summer .

Seems like Nintendo consoles just aren't enough for Shin'en anymore, Nano Assault coming to PS4.

I wouldn't be surprised if FAST Racing Neo gets a multiplatform release now, it might explain why they've been quiet about the game for so long.

Seems like Nintendo consoles just aren't enough for Shin'en anymore, Nano Assault coming to PS4.

Lol, I remember @RedShell recommending the Nano Assault game for the WiiU. Thank god I didn't buy it.

Also: No idea what this FAST: Racing Neo game is all about, but I'm all for a multiplatform release.

Edited by drahkon

Bit of an odd choice for your first screenshot really. Why debut with a wide angle shot of the environment that you're not gonna really see while racing?

Show the actual gameplay angle! Show the zooming cars! The track gimmicks/obsticles! The loop de loops!

Who cares about a bunch of brown rocks that you're not gonna see when you're wizzing by at 1000 Kph? :confused: