NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

Bit Strip

What is with all of these bit-strips that people are starting to make on facebook?

BitstripComicCaption-630x520.jpg

These things.

Why? Why are they everywhere?

995870_10153397590580191_1834399323_n.jpg

Urgh.

I do not understand this either. Bitstrips was originally an educational website...I've used it in the past you can set up a teacher account and then set your class assignments. It was not for self indulgent shitty cartoons!

The giraffe thing, too. The riddle is stupidly easy.

I haaaaate riddles with stupid answers. It reminds me of those dumb television phone-in questions that they have on during advert breaks.

"What is the day today?

Is it:

A. Monday?

B. Blue?

C. Chlamydia?

Calls will cost £12 a minute."

I love giraffes but I hate how facebook is turning my love for them into a hatred. :(

Twozzok did the giraffe thing. I found it mildly amusing that people induldge. As for Bit Strips I've only so far had to suffer about 3 or 4 of them in total, I can see the appeal but I can also see it getting real old real fast.

Bit stips are the spawn of satan...it seems friday atleast 5 of my friends discovered them, and each posted about 10 of them each! i only go on facebook when i bored as it but i thought something was wrong with the facebook app and i had some webcomic app using the icon!

its quietened down but (looks at the news feed) i have 6 bit strip comics on there now....

I haven't seen them before on Facebook but the grammar in the one in Flink's post has annoyed me enough already.

I've only had one person on my FB do the Bit Strips.... didn't realise they were a "thing" till I saw this thread.

The Giraffe riddle, I know 4-5 people who yesterday changed their profile..... admittidly I might have got the riddle wrong as I didn't think it through before in my head I said "door" instead of eyes .... but I didn't reply to anyones post...not that I would have changed my profile anyway :heh:

on the bright side it's making my facebook friends cull a LOT easier... GIRAFFE! unfriend. BIT STRIP! unfriend. GIRAFFE!! unfriend. STORM!!!! unfriend. GIRAFFE!!! unfriend.

I too have fell victim to the Giraffe riddle, because I never thought it through either. Also, I may have changed my profile picture, but at the end of the day, it's just harmless fun.

As for Bit Strips, I've used them before, but rarely. I don't seem to have too many people that do it on my Facebook, so I have no issues with it.

No idea what the Giraffe riddle is and I've only seen one Bit Strip on my feed so I didn't even realise it was a whole thing :p

I've seen a couple of this Bit Strip things appearing on facebook, i say a couple more like 6 people partaking. Slightly annoying, but one of the chaps doing it seems to resemble a cartoon Walter White more than anything.

And the giraffe thing, the riddle is easy enough. It's not even a riddle as it were, so i don't see how people have got it incorrect.

I've had people post chain-spam suggesting anonymous is going to steal the credit card details of anyone who has a giraffe picture... that's FAR more ridiculous than people getting the riddle wrong.

I have a cousin who has posted nothing but hilarious bit-strips, and they're the only people doing them, so I'm ok with that.

I think the worst thing is Bit Strips are so fucking ugly. Just bland art.

This is honestly the first time I've even heard of BitStrip. What is it? A website full of riddles with shit art?

What is the giraffe thing? I've noticed some people on the friends list have their picture changed to the same giraffe. Does that mean something good?

It's some stupid riddle, the consequence of which means you change your profile picture to a giraffe for 3 days. It actually isn't that bad imo, but people are so up their own fucking arses on facebook they can't stand to actually commit to the gambit and change their profile picture to a giraffe if/when they're wrong and essentially don't properly take part. God forbid they are a giraffe for three days!

Tbh though, since my last post in this thread, I have seen no more on my news feed of either the giraffe related riddle or BitStrips, so either I have awesome facebook friends or it's all dying down already.

There's so many bit strips on my timeline. Facebook usually just pisses me off anyway though so I don't know why I continue to go on there :p

Can't say I've seen any giraffes though.

So I've noticed an increase in the amount of Bit Strips on my Facebook timeline....

This does seem to be getting a little bit out of hand now, but like any phase, it'll end at some point. I think the main issue is, people are using them in boring ways and not being creative enough (although the method of 'making' strips is pretty limited.)

I saw my first BitStrip on Facebook this morning, swiftly followed by a second from the same person.

I already hate them.

.. And thanks. You people jinxed it. I was blissfully unaware, thinking this must be some British thing you’re talking about, and 2 days after seeing it mentioned here, the first pops up on my facebook. Hopefully it’ll be the last.

These things are perfect for Facebook.

Interpret that however you like.