NEurope
The Peeps

InSaN-E AsyLuM Mafia

Oh Cu-be...

You came then you voted without flinching...

Then Peeps sent me away...

Oh Cu-be

sticker,375x360.png

Also this was the best Mafia game of all time. Aww time.

kanye-taylor-swift.jpg

Cube, Sheikah and ReZourceman were all insane. They got the same standard PM as a townie. They were told they were sane.

Cube would kill 50% of the time

Sheikah would always kill

ReZourceman would kill anyone that targeted him

The mafia were unable to kill each other. ReZ was able to play very innocently which led Cube to protect him a lot. This was probably their downfall as it meant it took longer for Cube to work out that he was mafia.

So in the final night Cube had the potential to kill but was roleblocked and no one targeted ReZ which would've been certain death. Neither side could reach majority so I had to end it as a stalemate :p

ReZ.. at what point did you realise you were mafia? i'd like to figure out how soon after i figured you out.Cube was obviously Mafia from the day Sheikah got lynched, can't belive the town fucked that up at the end!

If only i'd known not to target ReZ :(

Good game Peeps. I really enjoyed it. Thank you.

They started the game with absolutely nothing indicating that they were mafia. They also had no way of communicating with each other.

[..]

That said, with Cube’s and Sheikah’s claim, I think we should think about the mechanics of the game. Peeps said this game was different, and by now it wouldn’t surprise me if all our role PM’s told us we’re sane, and some of us simply don’t realise we’re not.

[..]

Haha.

Anyway, nice twist Peeps. You were right to invite me, as this is exactly the kind of game where I’ll get more or less the same enjoyment from whether I’m town or mafia..

Cube was obviously Mafia from the day Sheikah got lynched

I was suspicious on day 6, but never actually fully figured it out until the final day.

Wow, so my initial hunch was actually correct... except for the fact that the mafia had to work out their alignment from their powers? And they did?

Amazing that they got the (moral) victory in the end, too.

This game, as advertised, was properly insane. In a great way. Fantastic, Peeps.

ReZ.. at what point did you realise you were mafia? i'd like to figure out how soon after i figured you out.Cube was obviously Mafia from the day Sheikah got lynched, can't belive the town fucked that up at the end!

If only i'd known not to target ReZ :(

Good game Peeps. I really enjoyed it. Thank you.

It was real life last Friday, whenever that was. So like...12 days ago. I will write more when home.

Awesome game! Props to Sméagol for working out the theme. Lot of fun to play and read

Cube, Sheikah and ReZourceman were all insane. They got the same standard PM as a townie. They were told they were sane.

Cube would kill 50% of the time

Sheikah would always kill

ReZourceman would kill anyone that targeted him

The mafia were unable to kill each other. ReZ was able to play very innocently which led Cube to protect him a lot. This was probably their downfall as it meant it took longer for Cube to work out that he was mafia.

So in the final night Cube had the potential to kill but was roleblocked and no one targeted ReZ which would've been certain death. Neither side could reach majority so I had to end it as a stalemate :p

Now totes gutted I wasn't vested in this game - sounds like an amazing mix up to play in!

So @Sheikah, when we lynched you did you genuinely believe you were sane? Or had you worked it out?

Yeah I worked it out at the start of D3, right after admitting to being forced to kill esequiel. My N1 writeup didn't actually say I killed Rummy and N2 I targeted myself and I don't kill myself. N3 it said I performed a kill, so I knew.

In hindsight I don't think I'd have revealed everything I did had I known from the outset!

I had my suspicions of ReZ from around night 2, didn't think Cube was a part of the mafia. Played a good game indeed, nice format Peeps.

Roles

Insane:

Cube - You are Dr. DuD, sane. You protect your targets. You may not choose yourself as a target.

ReZourceman - You are Rummy, sane. You can find out the role of your target.

Sheikah - You are Jimbob, sane. You discover alignments.

Sane:

Magnus Peterson - You are Diageo, sane. You track your targets.

DuD - You are MoogleViper, sane. You track your targets.

Rummy - You are Yvonne, sane. You reverse track your targets.

Jimbob - You are mr-paul, sane. You reverse track your targets.

Diageo - You are Dr. Esequiel, sane. You protect your target from all actions. You may not choose yourself as a target.

MoogleViper - You are Dr. Sméagol, sane. You protect your target from night kills.

Yvonne - You are Dedede, sane. You discover alignments.

Mr-Paul - You are Cube, sane. You roleblock your targets.

Esequiel - You are ReZourceman, sane. You roleblock your targets.

Sméagol - You are Sheikah, sane. Anyone targeting you will be redirected to a target of your choice.

Dedede - You are Magnus Peterson, sane. Pick a target and redirect them to a target of your choosing.

Moogle was originally just going to guard against kills but I changed it to protect against everything.

Diageo, Mr-Paul and Sméagol could not be killed in the night.

Edited by The Peeps

Fantastic Peeps. Truely fantastic. Such a flip on the formula was genius - it put everyone in a similar position of information, and it was also such a treat (as Insane) to gradually question myself, before flat out realising that shit was fishy - to try and give subtle hinting to (Cube) that I trusted him (well it wasn't so subtle) but attempted gentle vibes.

The roles were simple too which was nice, and I really loved the activity in the game - that was mental.

Great show all round.

Yeah that's something I wanted to comment on. We had full activity from everyone during the night phases. Not a single person missed a night action and nearly everyone got their action in within 24 hours :)

Thanks to everyone that played, I'm glad you enjoyed it and I'm glad it went well. This could easily have been over in a couple of phases but it lasted right down to a stalemate!

You were unkillable as I decided to make 3 unkillable townies just in case everyone died :p