NEurope
Dcubed

Wii Sports Club

Wasn't really that impressed with Boxing and Baseball. :hmm:

And the randomness of Motion+ continues to hamper my enjoyment of this title.

Motion+ is all over the place online but offline it works fine. Its weird.

Motion+ is all over the place online but offline it works fine. Its weird.
For me it's simply all over the place full stop. :heh:

It's just even more frustrating when it happens while playing online as it's not possible to stop to "recalibrate". :indeed:

For me it's simply all over the place full stop. :heh:

It's just even more frustrating when it happens while playing online as it's not possible to stop to "recalibrate". :indeed:

End of the day its old tech that they are still charging the same price as they were 8 years ago.

Its never been perfect with the constant recalibrations, not like Nintendo at all really.

Wow, the retail version is out tomorrow and Shopto don't even have it listed. Totally forgot the release was tomorrow and I saw a copy in Grainger Games and I was like "wait, is that even out yet?".

Still think digital is the way to go, might hold off for a sale at this point now all the games have been released.

Wow, the retail version is out tomorrow and Shopto don't even have it listed. Totally forgot the release was tomorrow and I saw a copy in Grainger Games and I was like "wait, is that even out yet?".

Still think digital is the way to go, might hold off for a sale at this point now all the games have been released.

In Rafikis voice " Look harder..."

So, Wii sports club released as a boxed game in the UK last week (appareny, totally passed me by!)

It didn't do very well though, there's no official numbers but it failed to make the UK all format top 40 and even failed to break the Wii U top 10.

So, Wii sports club released as a boxed game in the UK last week (appareny, totally passed me by!)
A handy bookmark for you:

http://n-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54101

;)

It didn't do very well though, there's no official numbers but it failed to make the UK all format top 40 and even failed to break the Wii U top 10.
Not surprising really.

Quite how Nintendo were expecting this to continue the momentum from MK8 I'll never know. :blank:

Not surprising really.

Quite how Nintendo were expecting this to continue the momentum from MK8 I'll never know. :blank:

I know, it's a pretty crazy situation. :shakehead

At least the VC releases seem to be picking up a bit I suppose and now it's only just over eight weeks until the next actual, genuine big retail release - Hyrule Warriors - which has a good chance of drawing sales. ::shrug:

But Wii Sports Club? If it had been released for £20 or less, maybe even added to the Mario Kart 8 promotion could have helped in some way but as it stands?

Another case of a game released far too late, even digitally. :(

Hopefully this will help Nintendo realise that the market who made it a smash hit on the Wii has moved on. With this flopping at retail, as well as Wii Fit U, this could be the last we see of such games from Nintendo for a while.

I wonder how it performed digitally?

We haven't had a free trial for Wii Sports Club in a long time now but I'm starting to develop a bit of an urge to play, particularly given my recent disappointment with a couple of tennis games on Wii.

I've had £5 eShop credit for a while and may be tempted to unlock Tennis soon and pick up the other titles over the next few weeks. Part of me wonders if I could spend that money better elsewhere, though, such as on the Mario Golf: World Tour DLC.

Do people still play this or know if there's much activity online? I could buy a 24-hour pass to see if purchasing the game is the right thing for me but then I see that as money that could go towards unlocking it completely :heh:

I decided to play the original Wii Sports tonight given my recent interest in Wii Sports Club. Honestly, that game is so sensationally good that I may just go ahead and purchase my first pass this weekend for the Wii U remake :grin:

I almost can't believe just how brilliant I still find the tennis, particularly in comparison to subsequent tennis games on Wii, and how great baseball and golf is. It's still ridiculously fun and I'm not ashamed to say it's one of my favourite games of all time :yay: Almost certainly in the top 20, anyway :heh:

In fact, playing it again has reinforced my feelings that I want Nintendo to do something different and unique with the NX again. I'd love to have that 'Wii Sports moment' again on a new console where everything just feels so fresh and exciting!

It's too late to have any regrets now as I started the collection tonight by purchasing Tennis :smile:

I was critical of my time with the game during trial periods but I should probably have unlocked them all long ago as I had fun competing online this evening :hehe:

I plan to make Golf the next one to cross off the list!

It's too late to have any regrets now as I started the collection tonight by purchasing Tennis :smile:

I was critical of my time with the game during trial periods but I should probably have unlocked them all long ago as I had fun competing online this evening :hehe:

I plan to make Golf the next one to cross off the list!

I'll be up for some Wii sports online if you're up for it!

I'll be up for some Wii sports online if you're up for it!

Excellent :hehe: You fancy some tennis tonight? I may also unlock golf later but my dog needs eye drops at £9 which I have to pick up after work. The price of them would have bought me another sport.. and he probably won't even let me put them in :nono:

Excellent :hehe: You fancy some tennis tonight? I may also unlock golf later but my dog needs eye drops at £9 which I have to pick up after work. The price of them would have bought me another sport.. and he probably won't even let me put them in :nono:

Exactly, fuck the dog and buy golf :)

Yeah I'll be up for it. Let's agree a time as nowadays my whole life revolves around baby poo so be good to know when I need to free myself :)

And if you do buy golf or bowling, I'm Sure @david\.dakota or @Clownferret will up for it. In fact, I think I e played with @Pestneb from here too!

Shame we can't play four player tennis isn't it, but yeah, let's get something in the go!

Does 7.30pm work for you guys? :smile:

To be honest, if you want to make a night of it I'll purchase golf and bowling.. and take care of my dog :heh:

Does 7.30pm work for you guys? :smile:

To be honest, if you want to make a night of it I'll purchase golf and bowling.. and take care of my dog :heh:

How about 19:30 for two player tennis. Then 20:00 for golf or/and bowling with 4 of us @david\.dakota and @yesteryeargames I've organiser a gaming night with dakota so don't k ow if he's up for or even has golf or bowling.

But how about after that we play some splatoon and smash brothers too?

How about 19:30 for two player tennis. Then 20:00 for golf or/and bowling with 4 of us @david\.dakota and @yesteryeargames I've organiser a gaming night with dakota so don't k ow if he's up for or even has golf or bowling.

But how about after that we play some splatoon and smash brothers too?

This could be a special night :heh:

In fact, I think I e played with Pestneb from here too!

I don't think I have ever played wsc, although I may be mistaken...

Totally bought them all :yay:

Haha. I'll be 5-10 mins late, just finishing tea.

I'll be up for more tomorrow too. Try out boxing and baseball too - never played them once.

Also. You on google hangouts or anything so we can text each other, less cumbersome

I'm in a game @nando join me when you can