NEurope
Dcubed

Wii Sports Club

Don't know why they just put the 26th in the headline.

A lot of Wii U owners will be busy playing Super Mario 3D World on the 25th! :awesome:

A lot of Wii U owners will be busy playing Super Mario 3D World on the 25th! :awesome:

That'll be me too! :yay:

Also: played tennis tonight and it was flawless. Tried to mess up motion+ on purpose but it was the best it has ever been. Wonder if there has been some patch/update.

Really confusing as I haven't moved/changed anything - just installed golf that's all.

Tennis is even better when the controls are flawless. I was giving the champions a really good game and picking shots was much easier. Didn't have to reset the racquets once.

Fingers crossed it's the same for everyone. :confused:

That'll be me too! :yay:

Also: played tennis tonight and it was flawless. Tried to mess up motion+ on purpose but it was the best it has ever been. Wonder if there has been some patch/update.

Really confusing as I haven't moved/changed anything - just installed golf that's all.

Tennis is even better when the controls are flawless. I was giving the champions a really good game and picking shots was much easier. Didn't have to reset the racquets once.

Fingers crossed it's the same for everyone. :confused:

Trnnis is usually always amazing for me, but the other day I played and it kept going wangy, I noticed the sensor bar was at a funny angle as I'd just set up the Wii u. I taped it so it was perfectly aligned again and it's been perfect ever since. Now this is probably just a coincidence, but thought if mention it.

Anyone else experience random disconnects when playing online.

It's happened to me a few times and I worked out that it happens if I been playing in an offline mode (to warm up) then go online.

Before Xmas it would d/c me during the player search so at least it didn't effect any games in progress but yesterday (my first time playing since Xmas) I decided to play some golf in teh afternoon. Played a bit offline first then went online, search went well, found an opponent and played the game, then at the 3rd and final hole when I was about to take my shot to put the ball GONE, lost interent connection.

When it happens it kicks me back to the main menu, the eShop Icon will be greyed out and non-selectable, sometimes the "Club Info" button is same but other times it works. Going back into a sport and the "Online" option is greyed out and not selectable.

If I press the home button everything else seems fine. My Mii Icon is blue saying I do have a net connection, I can use Miiverse, Browser and Friendlist. But going back into Wii Sports Club online options still greyed out. I have to close and restart the game to get it to work.

It happened to me again yesterday evening also, again during a game and on the green of the 3rd hole :mad:

The game in the afternoon would have been my 9th win out of 9... the one in the evening would have been my first online loss.... checked my stats and they still say played 8 won 8, should be 9 for 10

@Mokong This happens to me very frequently, and that Greying out of the eShop icon and the inability to restart another game quickly without first shutting the game down is an annoyance. I had put this down to my location in the world, and the distances involved, but I play other online games with no hitch. The online in these games is abysmal, shame really because I get so much out of the local multiplayer with them, it would be nice to have the same online.

Finally got my Chip-In award the other evening.

Bloody annoying you can only earn awards in offline play. I got a Chip-In on the first day Golf came out but it was in an online game and didn't give me the award because of it :mad:

zlCfzRYWDGoHlFlUi-

Also got the Flag-It-Down award on a different hole. I didn't think I got it as I do remember hitting the pole and having the ball land just off the hole but there was no indication that counted for the award. Was only at the end of the game that I found out I had it :D

zlCfzRYWE90E6iwIoo

Also has anyone here gotten or know which hole it is you get the award "The Secret Shot"?

It's driving me mad trying to find it! :mad:

Wish they gave you more of a clue, even if I knew if it was a shot you had to take from the tee or is it in the middle of a hole course somewhere?????

Also has anyone here gotten or know which hole it is you get the award "The Secret Shot"?

It's driving me mad trying to find it! :mad:

Wish they gave you more of a clue, even if I knew if it was a shot you had to take from the tee or is it in the middle of a hole course somewhere?????

I don't know, but I always suspected it was obtained by hitting the rubber duck (the same one that pops up in tennis) that resides in a pond on one of the holes?????

For some reason I got a notification on my Wii U yesterday telling me that Golf is now available. :wtf:

Anyone else get that?

Yep, I got that too.

Seems like a promotion for me, as the note said that Golf had been available since December, or when it was. Useful for me, as I have not yet used the new trial to try Golf.

I don't know, but I always suspected it was obtained by hitting the rubber duck (the same one that pops up in tennis) that resides in a pond on one of the holes?????

There's a duck on almost every hole though, plus I did manage to hit one once, all it did was "quack" :(

For some reason I got a notification on my Wii U yesterday telling me that Golf is now available. :wtf:

Anyone else get that?

Yeah same, got it yesterday. Proper weird.... I hope that doesn't encompas their whole "new aggressive marketing strategy" :heh:

Just had an afternoon game of golf, 18 holes.

Finally beat my previous 3under record...and beat it by a good mile too :D

zlCfzRcMgxA6ONjh8V

Challenge is open now Mr. @lostmario

zlCfzRcMivgzIO7ZG_

Got a new Stamp for it too, forgot to get a screen of it though.

"King of Clubs" for finishing 9 or more under, I just barely got it.

EDIT

Oh and I got an Eagle in that game too :D (first eagle on Sport Club...shame no stamps for eagles)

zlCfzRcMaeE04mXAsN

It was the hole that is 3rd on the classic course

Congrats @Mokong, I'm playing and completing all the games I got for Christmas before I get back into Golf.

3 down, 2 to go.

Edited by lostmario

My +12 looks pathetic, but number 3!!!

Need to play this more, Mario 3D World is the most played home console game in my household at the moment.

9 of the Wii Sports Resort courses have been added to this for free in Japan.

9 of the Wii Sports Resort courses have been added to this for free in Japan.

Oh sweet, hope we get the same..... did they by chance make any changes to the online setup too in Japan?

Oh sweet, hope we get the same..... did they by chance make any changes to the online setup too in Japan?

I've not seen anything. My Japanese isn't the best

Next, add table tennis to tennis for free :)

This game could potentially be a system seller if the online was good.

Some sort of gateway to all Nintendo sports games. (Winter) Olympics, waverace, pilotwings, excite-bike/truck/whatever, GT clone, soccergame, etc.... Would be pure gold :(

Great news, of course it'll come over here. I really hope they keep developing their games, improving the online on this, adding more content, maybe even moving over to other games... Would be amazing!

Update should be available in EU now as well.

Only spotted this now :D

Just had a quick go, bit rusty on the old resort courses, finished 1 over Par, but man I missed those, Classic/Resort will be my main go to for 18-Hole games now :D

Doesn't appear to be any changes to the online set up though :mad:

Doesn't appear to be any changes to the online set up though :mad:
Damn it. :nono:

I'll be pretty surprised if it happens now to be honest. I mean they must have seen some of the negative feedback from both press and from gamers on Miiverse regarding the online, but it looks like they're just going to ignore it. :blank:

Additional content is great, Nintendo, but it's not what Wii Sports Club really needs. :indeed:

Getting a retail release in Japan in July.

Retail release seems to come with Baseball and Boxing, so those will likely be out soon.