NEurope
Dcubed

Wii Sports Club

Getting a retail release in Japan in July.

Retail release seems to come with Baseball and Boxing, so those will likely be out soon.

Good stuff.

I'm hoping we get a retail release but we may not given that we didn't get Nes Remix. If it does appear over here then I'll snap it up.

Well! Guess we know what two of Nintendo's surprise "and it's available right now after this presentation" E3 announcements are now...

Good stuff.

I'm hoping we get a retail release but we may not given that we didn't get Nes Remix. If it does appear over here then I'll snap it up.

I'd be happy to download it to my Wii U if they do a good deal for getting all 5 sports together :smile:

I'd be happy to download it to my Wii U if they do a good deal for getting all 5 sports together :smile:

It's Nintendo Europe so that's likely :)

They better support people who have bought the other games. Buy 4 at any time and get the fifth free. Then announce resort and more games joining it!

Then do the same process with Nintendoland.

Then make the online as comprehensive on both as golf and mario kart and we're onto a winner!

NEX Remix is a rather niche game, though.

Wii Sports Club would probably sell better as a retail game than it would digitally.

They better support people who have bought the other games. Buy 4 at any time and get the fifth free. Then announce resort and more games joining it!

Then make the online as comprehensive on both as golf and mario kart and we're onto a winner!

This! I'll be pissed if new buyers (or retail buyers) get a discount while existing owners get nothing...

This! I'll be pissed if new buyers (or retail buyers) get a discount while existing owners get nothing...

You know full well that's EXACTLY what's going to happen.

You know full well that's EXACTLY what's going to happen.

Story of my life :p

They do. They got it early.

They do. They got it early.

good-job.gif

Kudos, I can't argue against that logic.

They really need to sort out the controls in Tennis. They keep freaking out randomly. I tried to go back to this the other night and ended up quitting out of it. You have to keep resetting the default position with the D-Pad.

The crazy thing is, is that sometimes it is flawless. I just can't fathom out what the hell is wrong with it.

They really need to sort out the controls in Tennis. They keep freaking out randomly. I tried to go back to this the other night and ended up quitting out of it. You have to keep resetting the default position with the D-Pad.

The crazy thing is, is that sometimes it is flawless. I just can't fathom out what the hell is wrong with it.

It's probably IR light pollution messing up the Motionplus calibration for you. The remote is constantly looking for the sensor bar in order to calibrate itself while you play and the smallest sun ray is enough to mess it up.

It works perfectly for me as long as I ensure that no sunlight gets in while I'm playing. All I can suggest is making sure that all of your curtains are closed properly and that you don't have anything like Kinect or any other IR light emitting device turned on while you play. Failing that, you can actually turn the sensor bar auto calibration off, but it will result in a lot of drift buildup very quickly...

It works perfectly for me as long as I ensure that no sunlight gets in while I'm playing. All I can suggest is making sure that all of your curtains are closed properly and that you don't have anything like Kinect or any other IR light emitting device turned on while you play. Failing that, you can actually turn the sensor bar auto calibration off, but it will result in a lot of drift buildup very quickly...

I've tried in the dark. Same issue. :confused:

It does drift though so maybe there is the sensor bar calibration turned off. Wouldn't have thought so though as don't even know where that option is?

Looks good. Albeit VERY late!

Boxing and baseball must be coming soon digitally...

article_post_width_Nintendo_Digital_Event_E3_2014.JPG

WEEEELLLLL NOW! :)

Yeah.

I wonder if the situation with Wii U would've been different had that been the launch title instead of Nintendo Land...

They're probably going to release 'em together to limit the amount of free trials. :grin:

Looking forward to checking out boxing. :)

There had SOOOO best be a deal for us Download people...

You have 3 already; get the next two 1/2 price or summat...

Do you actually think this will happen? :heh:

I completely forgot about this game. To me, Wii Sports has had its time. It doesn't have the draw it once did. This is really far too late and should have been in the Wii U's first year.

I completely forgot about this game. To me, Wii Sports has had its time. It doesn't have the draw it once did. This is really far too late and should have been in the Wii U's first year.

Wii Sports was a great intro into motion control, but really they should have been releasing fully fledged individual games for Wii U like Grand Slam Tennis rather than just another demo of mini games.

Well technically it actually was released within its first year... But I know what you mean, it really should've been a launch day title...

the annoying thing is I would much prefer the disc, but if I buy it i'm £27 down on having already paid for the first 3 sports as digital downloads.

Picture taken from the back of the Japanese box. Take a look under player 1's icon, it clearly shows that the boxing game is played by using 2 Wii Motion Plus Remotes. Get in there. This should be so much better than the original.

wii_sports_boxing-2.jpg