NEurope
Dcubed

Shovel Knight

Yeah, I was excited about playing it portably... I'm sure the stick won't be too bad for it I'm sure. They need to release a D-pad joy con though!

Yeah I'd be amazed if Nintendo don't release a D-pad joy con at some point. Probably didn't want them at launch so as not to confuse the messaging.

Yes, a Joy-Con featuring a proper D-Pad is an absolute must for when the Virtual Console really gets going, otherwise how are we to play VC games in portable mode without proper control?

Also titles such as Sonic Mania will require it as well so there is that too.

Perhaps when GC games get released and the like, we'll start to see some of those fan mock-up type Joy Cons as then they could alter the shoulder buttons as well if they choose to.

qyshrexks9tx.jpg

Probably triple-dipping on this. The game is too great not to become part of my Switch library.

Spectre of Torment is complete!

They're aiming for a March release on Switch (along with the original game and Plague of Shadows), with other platforms coming in April.

I'll double dip, never played any of the extra stuff so why not, it's pretty cheap and it'll be great to play through it again anyway!

I liked this comment on gaf

Is YCG finally free from the shackles of stretch goals?

Hopefully others on the team have started work on a new game already.

Great news!

...Who are you? I'm telling a mod that Ronnie's account has been hacked!

I liked this comment on gaf

Hopefully others on the team have started work on a new game already.

Oh, never mind, there he is.

Treasure Trove releasing on Switch on 3rd March!

Yay. I don't have to wait for Zelda in agony now. Day 1 purchase for Treasure Trove.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Whelp! That's a day 1 purchase for me!

Woo! I have another meaty single player game outside of Zelda to play! :D

Describing a game as 'meaty' is another thing that's going on my list.

I've never played Shovel Knight at all so the Switch version couild be the perfect time to jump in :yay:

I've never played Shovel Knight at all so the Switch version couild be the perfect time to jump in :yay:

Same here!

Someone break down what we're getting? I'm seeing a confusing number of subtitles being thrown around.

Same here!

Someone break down what we're getting? I'm seeing a confusing number of subtitles being thrown around.

I assumed we could get everything in one complete package..? ::shrug:

The lack of D-Pad may be the one downside..

I assumed we could get everything in one complete package..? ::shrug:

The lack of D-Pad may be the one downside..

Yeah the lack of dpad is pad. I've ordered the pro controller to compensate. However, it means I won't really be able to play the game in handheld mode.

Same here!

The original game is being re-titled as Shovel Knight: Shovel of Hope, then you've got the two additional campaigns Plague of Shadows, and Specter of Torment, and a fourth is being developed at the moment.

All of the above will be purchasable individually, or you can buy Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove, which is a collection of all of the campaigns.

Buy treasure trove, it's the price of two campaigns and it is well worth it, on top of the campaigns they are also having a 4 player battle mode and lots of other smaller bonuses like Gender swap mode; with fully redisigned and named characters for both sexes. It's amazing.

I'm hoping the stick or the buttons are good enough though as I'll want to play this lots in handheld mode. I'll want to playa Ltd of retro/2d stuff in handheld mode so they really need to get on with a HD rumble and gyroscope free dpad joycon!

Treasure Trove releasing on Switch on 3rd March!

The original game is being re-titled as Shovel Knight: Shovel of Hope, then you've got the two additional campaigns Plague of Shadows, and Specter of Torment, and a fourth is being developed at the moment.

All of the above will be purchasable individually, or you can buy Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove, which is a collection of all of the campaigns.

Ah great, I'll pick this up then!

It'll be Treasure Trove for me too, @Kav :hehe:

I have the Wii U version so have access to al this but I'll definitely pick it up, though I'm going to wait a bit and hope it has a my nintendo reward at some point; same with FAST. Kind of games that will and it's not like I'll be desperate for stuff to play.

I'm still not sure if this is a game to my taste. But still want to know if there's a confirmed RRP for Treasure Trove yet? Might be interested to give it a try if the price is good :)