NEurope
Dcubed

Shovel Knight

Balls! I'd like the retail version but I'm not buying it twice. Haven't finished the game. Got to the last level and just stopped. Very familiar story.

You don't play a game like Shovel Knight for the storyline.... *bites tongue*

Balls! I'd like the retail version but I'm not buying it twice. Haven't finished the game. Got to the last level and just stopped. Very familiar story.

The ending is great, you really should finish it.

I thought you liked Shovel Knight?

The ending is great, you really should finish it.

I thought you liked Shovel Knight?

I do like Shovel Knight, it's a great game. When I said familiar story, I meant I get near the end and it's a familiar story for some reason I just stop. I seem to do it quite a bit. Xenoblade Chronicles is one of my favourite games ever and I left it right before the end. I didn't want it to end.

On another note. Does anybody else have a STALKER on this site?

I do like Shovel Knight, it's a great game. When I said familiar story, I meant I get near the end and it's a familiar story for some reason I just stop. I seem to do it quite a bit. Xenoblade Chronicles is one of my favourite games ever and I left it right before the end. I didn't want it to end.

Ahhh, gotcha. Yeah, I'm the same sometimes.

Plague of Shadows has been submitted to Lotcheck. Release date is due any day now.

Insane that it's being given away for free! I would totally have paid for it without a single fuss! :o

So no doubt you've all seen the Shovel Knight Amiibo leak...

CNbWr5iW8AASjw9.png:orig

Well it seems to have appeared on a Spanish Retailer's site and lo and behold...

Awaken your amiibo in Shovel Knight for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS to life!

Coop Multiplayer ( Exclusive Wii U ) :

Enter the game a friend and paddling together!

Special co-op moves to support you on the journey together.

Looks like Wii U is getting an exclusive Co-op mode!

From the sounds of things though, it seems that the Amiibo works in both the Wii U and 3DS versions of the game, so if it is not used to unlock co-op... what could it be for...

Enter the game a friend and paddling together!

Secret Shovel Pong mode confirmed!

Still though, co-op, that's quite the exclusive!

From the sounds of things though, it seems that the Amiibo works in both the Wii U and 3DS versions of the game, so if it is not used to unlock co-op... what could it be for...

Plastic Knight costume! Turns him into a 3D model and unlocks exciting, plasticy features!

Plastic Knight costume! Turns him into a 3D model and unlocks exciting, plasticy features!

As long as it's as dodgy looking as the 3D pigs in Paper Mario TTYD...

hqdefault.jpg

then ALL of my YES! :D

Oh wait.... Maybe we've got this backwards...

What if the Nintendo Amiibo worked in Shovel Knight?

Play as various Nintendo characters! Play as Wii Fit Trainer and bring health and fitness back to the land! :D

Maybe the Amiibo could be used as costume swaps for other various NPCs, like Shield Knight being replaced by Link or Fox replacing one of the mini bosses!

Edited by Dcubed

Oh wait.... Maybe we've got this backwards...

What if the Nintendo Amiibo worked in Shovel Knight?

...I never even considered that...

ARRRRGH! Even more chance of disappointment!

But what if!? WHAT IF!?

Alternate secondary weapons!

Mario amiibo gives you traditional bouncing fireballs!

Link amiibo gives you Boomerangs!

Yoshi amiibo lets you ride a Yoshi so you can jump off him right before you fall down a hole, because you're a jerk!

Greninja amiibo will do... absolutely nothing because it's the Greninja amiibo!

Greninja amiibo will do... absolutely nothing because it's the Greninja amiibo!

Flashy! Acrobatic! Useless! ;)

I rememberer (due to the leak) that I had this game downloaded. I gave the first level a try and thought it was amazing. I really enjoyed it despite the shitty NES graphics :p

I know the graphics are what its supposed to be about, i'm only messing. I regret waiting this long to give it a go!

I rememberer (due to the leak) that I had this game downloaded. I gave the first level a try and thought it was amazing. I really enjoyed it despite the shitty NES graphics :p

I know the graphics are what its supposed to be about, i'm only messing. I regret waiting this long to give it a go!

Yeah I was more surprised at playing it than I expected to be. I know it was hype and all but I worried it might have been unwarranted/not my tastes, but definitely been quite happy with the bits I've played so far! I think I'm like halfway through, only play it once every few weeks or so, usually just popping off a level or two after a hefty Splatoon sesh.

Is the co-op mode exclusive to the amiibo?

Annoyingly, that's how it seems.