NEurope
Dcubed

Shovel Knight

[TWEET]540613748843479040[/TWEET]

For an indie game, that's very impressive. That number includes Wii U, 3DS and PC. They've got to be happy with those numbers and they'll get more sales yet. Back in August Yacht Club Games announced that it amassed 180,000 sales in its first month. The recent European release would have helped gve that total a healthy bump.

I'm playing this on the Wii U, mainly on the GamePad. However, when I turned on the TV I noticed that there was a bit lag between TV and GamePad. When I pressed Jump, Shovel Knight jumped on the GamePad slightly before he did so on the TV screen - and the sound came out a bit later too. Has any of you noticed this?

I'm playing this on the Wii U, mainly on the GamePad. However, when I turned on the TV I noticed that there was a bit lag between TV and GamePad. When I pressed Jump, Shovel Knight jumped on the GamePad slightly before he did so on the TV screen - and the sound came out a bit later too. Has any of you noticed this?

That'll be your TV causing that. It's not a problem with the game itself and it will affect EVERY single one of your games.

It's called input lag and it's a problem with HDTVs in general. If your TV has something called Game Mode, it'll reduce the lag but also reduce the image quality of your display...

There may be other things you can do to mitigate the problem, depending on the TV you have. I know that Samsung TVs have a secret option to reduce lag by renaming a HDMI input to "PC" for instance...

You'll have to do some research to see for yourself though, because I obviously don't know the model number of your TV :p

Happy Holidays from Shovel Knight, 2014’s Game of the Year!!!

9e533e7ebb5b505ef4ce611809464b73_large.jpg?1418865211

The end of the year approaching means that it’s Game Award season! And wow, so far we have had a great run! To our surprise and delight, Shovel Knight was chosen as Indie Game of the Year at the Game Awards. You can hear our heartfelt acceptance speech here, and we even mentioned our Kickstarter Backers!! We love you guys <3

We’ve also been nominated and are winning many other awards! If you see any other Game of the Year Polls, make sure to vote for Shovel Knight! Some of you have already answered the call! The Last of Us has earned over 200 game of the year awards… think we can beat them?

This Year, Give the Gift of Shovel Knight!

7b08e2bf3daf018a1f7b7cc9f1dab91a_large.jpg?1418868069

It’s gift-giving season, and we have heard that many of you would like to give Shovel Knight to friends and loved ones. We wholeheartedly recommend this, but there is just no good way to wrap up our digital game in present form!! Therefore, we now present to you the Official Shovel Knight Gift Card Holder. Simply print this out on a nice paper or card stock of your choosing, and slip a Nintendo eShop card into the holder. Viola! If you don’t have a card, then just write a nice message inside to let them know they got Shovel Knight!! Check it!

3583b364b93e4c256b41176a7c187906_large.png

Click This Link for the Full Size Version!!

And finally, if you do this… please take pictures and send them to us!! We would love to see your beautiful packages and reactions!!

Stretch Goal Content: Plague Knight Update!

The pedal is to the proverbial metal on Plague Knight! We are working full time on update content (Plague Knight, Body Swap Mode, and Battle Mode!), and it’s shaping up to be amazing. The Plague Knight campaign will be the first content released, and it’s feeling like a whole new adventure already! A new relic system! New characters and bosses! Remixed content! On that subject, we’re going to share a little detail. Mona, who runs the potion minigame in the village, will have a vastly expanded role.... Here is a peek at the design process so far!

monaTeaseBig.jpg

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/yachtclubgames/shovel-knight/posts/1087417

Going to buy this game this evening. Said before that I'd wait for a price drop but they deserve every penny.

Edited by Wii

And so Shovel Knight has become my first game of 2015! :awesome: :bouncy::yay:

Did anyone else take advantage of the Steam/eShop sale?

And so Shovel Knight has become my first game of 2015! :awesome: :bouncy::yay:

Did anyone else take advantage of the Steam/eShop sale?

Yep, same here :) Was hoping to buy f zero but that didn't seem to be there. Is the fire emblem the one we got on the 3ds? (I know I've asked that before)

Is the fire emblem the one we got on the 3ds? (I know I've asked that before)
It's the same game from the ambassador program, yeah.

Cheers, thought so. What happened to f zero today?
Apparently it's available now, so it was just a slight delay/they forgot to upload it. :heh:

Anyway, have done a few more stages on Shovel Knight. I can see why this game was getting such praise, it's so much fun to play. And they've captured the 8-Bit NES vibe with absolute perfection. icon14.gif

I adore that scene with Shovel Knight by the fire after each stage...

Beautiful. :love:

Bought this for Wii U today with the sale. I'm liking it so far :) The down-attack mechanism from Zelda 2 is the best. Is there no upwards attack?

Bought this for Wii U today with the sale. I'm liking it so far :) The down-attack mechanism from Zelda 2 is the best. Is there no upwards attack?

There is not. There are plenty of optional upgrades scattered throughout the game though!

I love this, plays like a mix of The Adventure of Link and Megaman, soooo damn good. Also, off screen gamepad play on this is the best. I can't get enough of it.

I was breezing though it, I defeated Plague Knight with ease, however that guy with the ropes, he has eaten so many lives!

bought my wii U last week and this is my second game after Mario kart. Loving the little time I have played so far. Its got a lot of style - great music, great art diretion and of course gameplay has that old skool fun feel to it.

Will Shovel Knight See a Sequel? - Podcast Beyond

I'd like to see a sequel but I've yet to complete this game. I'm up to the Tower of Fate and have taken a break from it to play Metroid Fusion. Shovel Knight is tough as nails, I haven't talked to the witch in ages because of how embarrassing the amount of lives I've lost must be. It could even be 1,000 lives lost. I think Yacht Club games have their hands full still with this game between the ports, DLC and updates.

Edit: I was way off the mark, Grandma Swamp just said I've fallen in battle 204 times and my play time is just over 13 hours so far.

Edited by Wii

Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows

monaPotionarium1080.gif

Description

Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows is a free expansion for Shovel Knight, a sweeping classic action adventure game that won over 70 Game of the Year Awards in 2014. You play as Plague Knight, the villainous master of alchemy, in a quest all his own. Using his maniacal scientific mind, Plague Knight is seeking to concoct Serum Supernus, the Ultimate Potion. However, to retrieve these ingredients, he must extract them from his former allies… the villainous knights of the Order of No Quarter! World class platforming, music, storytelling, and art all return in Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows; an explosive quest with a new play style, new story, new bosses, and more!

sk_PlagueOfShadows_05.png

Features

An adventure featuring a New Star: Plague Knight!

• See your favorite game from a new point of view! Play as the explosive trickster Plague Knight with new story and gameplay!
  • Join Plague Knight on his quest to overthrow the Order of No Quarter! Become the ultimate alchemist… and maybe find some romance, too…

sk_PlagueOfShadows_02.png

New Gameplay

• Explode onto the scene as Plague Knight! Use explosives, bomb jumps, and alchemy to blast your way through the game in a whole new way!
  • Crafting Comes to Shovel Knight with the Alchemy System! Collect loot and use alchemy to craft equipment and power-ups
  • Collect new recipes and reagents to become the master of disaster!

Remixed Game Content

• New objectives and enemies!
  • Brand new areas and new paths through classic levels!
  • New bosses!
  • Is your science up to snuff? Take on Plague Knight specific challenges with new Feats!

sk_PlagueOfShadows_01.png

http://yachtclubgames.com/plague-of-shadows/

Check out the website for more screenshots, art and illustrations.

Edited by Wii

I assume the free add ons will be available for PS4/PSVita, as well?

Edit: Nevermind, just checked the website. They will : peace:

So the Playstation versions are getting Kratos in their game and now it seems the XBOne version is also getting a nice surprise as well.

animation1sxu5x.gif

I wonder if their will be a Nintendo cameo in the new DLC?

So the Playstation versions are getting Kratos in their game and now it seems the XBOne version is also getting a nice surprise as well.

animation1sxu5x.gif

I wonder if their will be a Nintendo cameo in the new DLC?

I doubt that Nintendo consoles will get a cameo. The Kratos & Battletoads miniboss encounters are there as little extras for the other consoles because they aren't getting the Digger's Diary or the Streetpass Arena (for obvious reasons).

The Toads do look totally badass though! :D

If they did do one though, I'd actually like to see them do Mega Man (yes he's a Capcom character I know, but man! how fantastic would he be to fight!? :D )

I'd prefer a character than those nintendo extras!! Diggers diary is pointless! Streetpass battle sounds good but I don't have the 3DS version.