NEurope
Kurtle Squad

New NOM team confirmed

Okay...I dunno if this has been confirmed before, but there is going to be a new NOM team as well as emap active not publishing...Maybe we'll get some better reviews now ey?!

My source is the new NOM

yah bout bloody time the current nom is shite i mean its good if you wanna laugh or snigger throughout the whole thing but if you want in depth reviews etc then buy games tm or edge (edge is alot more in depth and alot of writing great for when you go on holiday though)

They should launch with a big big exclusive, like a Twilight Princess demo, ableit extremly unlikly but it would sell bucket loads

They should launch with a big big exclusive, like a Twilight Princess demo, ableit extremly unlikly but it would sell bucket loads

what a clever idea

hey new nom team are you listening?

so the new publisher is allowed to just fire/replace whoever they want....that doesnt sound right to me

so the new publisher is allowed to just fire/replace whoever they want....that doesnt sound right to me

Happens all the time. They "re-evaluate" each staff member's usefullness/skill etc and then fire if not needed/any good.

Mario & Luigi PIT - 90%

PREviews:

Chibi Robo - 90%

Super Monkey Ball - 80%

Animal Crossing WW - 90%

FF IV Advance - 75%

One Piece Pirates Carnival - 80%

SBK: Snowboard Kids - 70%

Bleach - 75%

Rainbow Islands Revolution (DS) - 75%

Top 20 Games 2005:

20 - Pokémon Emerald

19 - Splinter Cell Chaos Theory

18 - Tony Hawk's American Sk8land

17 - Battalion Wars

16 - Spartan: Total Warrior

15 - Mario Power Tennis (GBA)

14 - DK Jungle Beat

13 - Fire Emblem: Fire Radiance

12 - Astro Boy: Omega Factor

11 - Nintendogs

10 - POP: TTT

09 - SM64 DS

08 - Fire Emblem: TSS

07 - Kirby Power Paintbrush

06 - Advance Wars DS

05 - Sonic Rush

04 - Meteos (WAHT?!?!)

03 - Castlevania DOS

02 - Resi 4

01 - MKDS

REviews:

Mario Party 7 - 71%

Burnout Legends - 59%

Castlevania Double Pack (GBA) - 90%

Battles of POP - 71%

Spongebob: LCP - 61%

Incredibles: Rise of Underminer - 60%

Namco Museum - 55%

King Kong (GBA) - 55%

Touch Golf - 76%

Draon Ball Z: Supersonic Warriors 2 - 70%

Dynasty Warriors Advance - 61%

Street Racing Syndicate - 24%

Viewtiful Joe Double Trouble - 75%

Dogz - 68%

Crazy Frog Racer - 05%

Wario Ware Twisted (again!!) - 94%

NFS: Most Wanted GBA - 52%

King Kong DS - 30%

WLTWATW - 53%

Big Muther FuTruckers - 28%

Shrek Superslam GBA - 18%

Spongebob: Yellow Avenger - 62%

Mario & Luigi PIT - 90% :grin: I am so excited for it! Feb 10th!

Crazy Frog Racer - 05% LOL!

Hmm...well, this was confirmed quite a while ago. Before Christmas, even. Since it's a new publishing house, it was unlikely that any of the NOM team were going to stay with the mag. They technically worked for EMAP, and Nintendo chose a different publishing house for a reason. They obviously thought the mag needed a change, and if you keep the same writers, then you won't get a change.

Rob sent me a PM on Total Games Network, along with the press release of the changeover, that they were all getting the boot on the 23rd December. Lovely Xmas gift. :rolleyes:

Though according to Dean, it was on the cards for a while. Some are moving to other magazines, some don't know what to do.

Anyone remember Chandra from CUBE? He's the assistant editor for the new NOM, which is called Official Nintendo Magazine. ONM. Doesn't roll of the tongue as well, does it. :p

I'm looking forward to feb and the new team/publisher launch issue, hopefully it will be like edge in design and its articles, as its from the same publisher!

I don't. gamesTM for the win.

Agreed

Ouch, FFIV has been getting good reviews elsewere, *looks at 88% ranking on GameRankings*, what were their major complaints about it?

Gah, ONM, reminds me of Office Of New Media randomly enough.. which I guess could be a good sign?

Rob Burman is now working for Uncooked Media, writing for XBox 360 Gamer and Neo magzines.

Guys, dont be so harsh on the old NOM staff, they're great people

While some of the old NOM may have had some flaws to you, it was still cool and quirky

....or written for five year olds. with no brains.

Have you ever thought that some of the writers may have been asked to write like that, to fit in with the magazine's style? I've read some of the stuff that Rob has written for Neo magazine, and it's nowhere near as childish as his articles in NOM.

I'm hoping Chandra can restore the good name of Nintendo magazines. He's read enough forums to know what people want, so I'm confident the new ONM will be a lot better. I think he mentioned that the magazine was more in the 18-years-old range than the "current" NOM.

I bloody hope so.

The old NOM just about summed up all that was wrong with Nintendo's approach to the UK. Ferchrissakes I'm 33 in a couple of weeks, and there's no way I could buy that mag without feeling daft! I've been a Nintendo fan since I was a kid (I used to play Donkey Kong etc on my old Colecovision!), and while I don't expect, nor want Nintendo to get all "mature" (pfff) I'd love to see a mag that at least understands that some us of aren't children. Similarly, as an adult, I understand that there are kids out there that love the games so I understand the compromises. But NOM was a joke. I'm sure though, that everyone who worked on the mag was hardworking and did their best.

It dosnt say when the new mag will be hitting the shelves in this issue... so when can i expect to pick up the new ONM

I bloody hope so.

The old NOM just about summed up all that was wrong with Nintendo's approach to the UK. Ferchrissakes I'm 33 in a couple of weeks, and there's no way I could buy that mag without feeling daft! I've been a Nintendo fan since I was a kid (I used to play Donkey Kong etc on my old Colecovision!), and while I don't expect, nor want Nintendo to get all "mature" (pfff) I'd love to see a mag that at least understands that some us of aren't children. Similarly, as an adult, I understand that there are kids out there that love the games so I understand the compromises. But NOM was a joke. I'm sure though, that everyone who worked on the mag was hardworking and did their best.

nom did try to "grow up" but the nintendo target market did not. so they scrapped their mature changes and went all pink and fluffy again

It dosnt say when the new mag will be hitting the shelves in this issue... so when can i expect to pick up the new ONM

I think Chandy said Feb 18th, or somewhere close.