NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

Why Do People Get Into The Christmas Mood So Early?

Y u do dis?

Why do people get talking about Christmas in fuuuucking September? I don't get eet.

My friend at work is already listening to Christmas songs in the car on the way. Am disgust. :blank::nono:

I've also got another friend who has been planning her birthday party/costume (it's fancy dress) since July/August. Her birthday is riiight at the end of December.

I cri, evrytim.

Why do people get talking about Christmas in fuuuucking September? I don't get eet.

Don't know, but it doesn't help when you get retailers such as Studio who think it's great to send out their Christmas catalogue as early as Spring/Summer every single year.

Because Christmas is awesome.

Though I do prefer to enjoy the autumn for a while before kicking it into Christmas overdrive. I usually wait until after Halloween.

Where I work, we've had selection boxes out since early September :hmm:

It genuinely upsets me that I haven't had a truly special Christmas since working in a retail environment. It completely ruins it :sad:

It does my nut in a bit but I get it. Christmas is a lovely exciting and wonderful time for most people and you just want it to happen and people get carried away with the planning and presents and what have you. Personally I don't get into the spirit until the calender turns over to December. October is my birthday month and then November there are lots of other peoples birthdays and things to do. To think about Christmas in September seems crazy?

Was at Bluewater today (big shopping centre for those who don't know it) and John Lewis already had some xmas decorations out. I kid you not. >_<

At work they've gone into Christ,as mode. Which is weird as they haven't got any Halloween stuff on the shelves yet.

I have 5 family birthdays in November (including two sets of joint birthday; mine being one of them) so it's hard to get excited about Christmas before them.

We have Christmas displays up at work already. We have done since the end of August but in the last week or so we had to put up a couple more. I work in a pub/restaurant so it makes sense for us really but it's still silly. We were actually getting people phoning up to book a meal for Christmas Day before we put any displays up at all so it's not just companies trying to push it on consumers!

So having Christmas stuff up early kind of messes up Christmas for me because it's in my mind so early. I don't want to feel Christmassy until December!

I'm going to go with crippling depression, and they're trying to escape by looking forward to something so associated with joy? As early as they need to look forward to it.

Of course I'm like John Snow, I know nothing.

But I fucking hate that Christmas things go up any earlier than December. It's utterly ridiculous, and reflects poorly on our cultures.

They say you should start your Christmas shopping early to beat the crush.

What bollocks. Last year I did my shopping a full 12 months earlier and the shops were busier than ever.

Though I do prefer to enjoy the autumn for a while before kicking it into Christmas overdrive. I usually wait until after Halloween.

This is the correct answer :)

Christmas is Awesome... But you need to get Halloween out of the way first.

Like the mornings that get darker and darker the closer to December you get. Driving to work at 7am and it's still pretty darned dark. Then driving home at 4:30 and again you need your lights on your car.

Central heating comes on, wrapping up warmer to brave the cold wind.

Don't get me wrong, I love a nice cold cider & BBQ on a summers day, but I do really really love the winter & Christmas feeling.

I actually bought my first Christmas presents yesterday.

Advent calenders appeared in the londis near work almost 2 weeks ago now. Srs wattage from me. I don't like it!

Correct answer. Almost everyone loves Christmas and has a great time throughout the whole festive period.

I personally start feeling Christmassy at the start of December or when it starts to snow. Christmas music from December 1st is acceptable. I remember last year we had Radio 1 on in the office the day Chris Moyles left and a DJ played a Christmas song... that was in September!

I think its fair enough for shops to get Christmassy from the day after Halloween. Everyone starts doing their shopping then, if not earlier, people book restaurants and Christmas nights out.

I love christmas soooooo much! But lets get Halloween over first (which is almost as awesome), kinda feel sorry or Halloween as it's like the forgotten holiday lol

x

To be fair, the weather outside right now is frightful, and the fire is so delightful.

It's sunny, even slightly humid, in London. Ain't no Xmas around these here parts.

Well i can understand starting to buy gifts now, but listening to christmas songs in a car already....thats a little too early

I like others enjoy it after Halloween then IT'S Christmas time santa baby! Mainly because christmas time is awesome and i wish it could be christmas everyday

Enough song references to annoy? stuck in anyones head?

Looks like bonfire night is even more forgotten than halloween.

Does anyone even care about bonfire night?

I remember being depressed last Halloween when i didn't see a single indication that it was Halloween the whole day. But of course there was xmas shit everywhere already!

I hate christmas, and the UK is especially ridiculous with how early it starts. I'd love to leave the country for the whole of december if i could! :angry:

Looks like bonfire night is even more forgotten than halloween.

I hear bonfire night for around two weeks, while haloween just passes by.

I remember being depressed last Halloween when i didn't see a single indication that it was Halloween the whole day. But of course there was xmas shit everywhere already!

I hate christmas, and the UK is especially ridiculous with how early it starts. I'd love to leave the country for the whole of december if i could! :angry:

Bah Humbug :P

Does anyone even care about bonfire night?

I love bonfire night. It really epitomises the Autumnal feeling.

Right now bonfire night is disapointing because secretly we all wish Guy Faulks would come back and blow up parliament, its probably why we forget about it, as we'd rather celebrate him suceeding than failing

I love bonfire night. It really epitomises the Autumnal feeling.

My memories of bonfire night are standing about in the cold and wet for 30 minutes to watch a 10 minute display.

I now watch the local one from the comfort of my own house.