NEurope
Serebii

Gotham

I love the fact that we are getting all these comic book TV shows.

Sure, I know why they did it.

I just think it would've been cool if you could've shown this to someone who didn't even click that it was related to Batman, and they could've been hooked on the premise without using the words "Bruce Wayne", "Penguin" etc..

If you take those out, does the trailer stand up on its own?

No, it just looks like a bizarre The OC spin-off :heh:

Well I've watched the trailer 3 times, so it must be doing something right. I'm excited for it.

The only thing I don't really like is young Catwoman/Posion Ivy... to me these just look like playmates for Bruce Wayne (which also makes me think he will have somewhat of a substantial role in this). What are these characters going to do otherwise?... a 10 tear old Catwoman just seems plain weird. And surely they can't have any real interaction with the rest of the characters in the show?

Think this looks awesome having finally started Arrow I am well up for more DC tv series!

I think the trailer stands up before all the cameo names at the end.

I hope it's not lame like Smallville.
I hope it's not lame like your opinion of Smallville ;)

So has anyone watched this yet? I thought it was pretty decent. Not bad, not amazing.

It's trying hard to capture the dark & corrupt city, to focus on Gordon, but it still feels a little bit like a silly superhero show. They're squeezing in a few too many familiar faces where they might do better to take that a bit slower.

What would've been quite something special, would've been to get in an experienced team of crime writers and make it a real, quality detective show that just happened to take place in Gotham. You'd think with the money the Superhero genre could make in movies, someone out there would see the potential and invest a bit more on the small screen.

I'm not quite sure what to think of it after the pilot, It felt like some it it may have been shoved in to get it greenlit, such as how they introduced some of the characters.

Penguin's nickname was mentioned straight away, no reason for it. The "stop speaking in Riddles" line, Catwoman stealing milk to feed a cat (that will make it sick, idiot) and all the flowers behind Ivy. If the Waynes' killer turns out to involve Black Mask, you can add that one to the list, too

I also found the setting to be distracting as it just seems to be a strange mix of stuff from different timezones at the moment.

Still, I'm willing to see how the regular episodes are as it was still enjoyable.

It was a good start with some corny dialogue at times. Obviously they did shove a shit load of fan service in for no real reason other than to say, yup that kid is going to be that character in the future etc

They will probably tone it down for the rest of the season.

Yeah I suspect that the number of characters will calm down. I'd suspect they'd focus on Jaden Pinkett-Smith's character and whoever that mob guy was #badmemory

Just watched the first ep, was decent but overall not really sure if it'll work....but then again I thought the same of Arrows pilot and that just got better and better so we'll see how Gotham plays out in the next few months.

Was wonder though as it appears to take place in a "modern time" (I thought it would be based in the past (80's or something) will it be sharing any continuity with Arrow and Flash?

Was wonder though as it appears to take place in a "modern time" (I thought it would be based in the past (80's or something) will it be sharing any continuity with Arrow and Flash?

No, completely separate continuity.

Wait.... this has started now? Seen banners for it on Channel 5. Did it start last night?:blank:

:(

Completely different network.

And it would be really weird. It would make Oliver the best part of 20 years older than Bruce.

Yeah I suspect that the number of characters will calm down. I'd suspect they'd focus on Jaden Pinkett-Smith's character and whoever that mob guy was #badmemory

Dude. You panicked me for a second there. Jaden is the How Can Mirrors Be Real If Our Eyes Aren't Real perma-scowling son of Jada and Will Smith.

The mob guy was Carmine Falcone. He's in the comics as well as Batman Begins.