NEurope
Cube

SteamOS

tumblr_ly9z09umEU1rnm4bho1_500.gif

Pretty much my reaction.

I can't tell if its awful or wonderful, but either way I'm interested to get my hands on it.

I can't tell if its awful or wonderful, but either way I'm interested to get my hands on it.

ha yeah, exactly my thoughts on it.

I thought that was a picture of the back of the pad at first, was confused why there was no front picture. :blank:

It's certainly an innovative approach, but it looks to be suitable only for FPS', RTS' and other PC focused games - screw any action game that is designed around a traditional controller (good luck playing a fighter, or a platformer on that thing :laughing: )

I suppose that's kind of the point though, trying to bring the typical PC game into the living room. Still I don't reckon it'll be suitable for PC console ports, thanks to the dodgy face button placement (good thing that you can still use other controllers on Steam machines though!).

Either way, I'd love to give it a go!

Where Nintendo lead...

But As I only Nintendo and PC and have to use a 360 controller for some PC games I'll be interested in the feel/use and price of this!

But as a Nintendo gamer I've learn't never to judge until I use.

Looks interesting, and I always respect originality. I can trust it works well for the most common PC genres.

But I do hope they have an alternative for the other genres.

Video of the Steam Controller in action with Portal 2 and Civ 5:

It actually looks really good! :grin:

It looks exactly like playing an FPS game with a laptop. Which is not a pleasant experience.

Yeah, the amount of movement you have to do to get across screen has turned me right off it. I was really interested until I noticed that.

I thought they might have done it so that when you got to the edge of the pad it continued to scroll... much like an analogue stick.

Yup, looks like using a touchpad, only smaller. Looks like you'll have to have it either ridiculously sensitive, or have to take small steps when scrolling/turning.

Looks like it might be configurable to work like a normal thumbstick though.