NEurope
jayseven

Ambitions

Basically; I have a vague concept of where I want Future Me to be; a skein of comfort and happiness stemming from a stress-free life doing [x]. But I have no idea how to get from here to there. My current method of coping with life is, essentially, even if I don't know where there is, I know it's not here, so any step is a step in the right direction.

Currently my ambition is to have my own place - essentially to try and catch up with my age group a bit! This is achievable and technically I could do it now, and from there I want to try and hold down this job for a year or two (or more!) because I'm looking at my past and worried that I'm not able to settle down for more long periods of time... but still I don't want to force this, and instead be open to the chance of something better coming along. I keep thinking about hare-brained schemes and I'd love to have some sort of fruition from these constant thoughts.

I also want to be better at keeping in touch with key friends and family.

So nothing major - yeah sure I want to go to New York and Venice and see the northern lights whilst upside-down cake-ing, or whatever.

Do you have strong ambitions that drive you? Do you see the future as a fixed point you're moving towards?

I want to be a comedy writer, so I've got one main that (Jonny and I) are writing and a rough idea of what to do but it all depends on how we do I guess.

Losing my YouTube channel was pretty catastrophic im some ways.

To get back into drawing some goddamn comics, to travel to a new place at least once every year, to get my old username back.

[b-B-BONUS AMBITION]

It would also be nice to form some meaningful connections with people again. I lost the ability to do that at some point.

Edited by Guy

to get my old username back.

You realise you've just sealed your fate, right?

Loganmustache.gif

Anyway. A few years ago I had an ambition to earn over £30k by the time I was thirty, and then smashed it at twenty-five. So... but my ambitions have moved on from my post-student-I'm-so-broke days to actually achieving something more fulfilling.

It's a bit vague but I would like to create something that has an impact on others. Whether it's they just enjoy it, they find it inspiring or whatever. Basically I probably won't ever have kids, so I need to pass on my legacy somehow :heh:

Right now I have a two main goals/ambitions that are definitely longer term but I have a plan in my mind as to how I can achieve them.

I want to be earning £100k by the time I'm 30. That's 5 years and 9 months. It's a big ask but I'm on the right path. I'm getting told at work that I'm doing well which means that a permanent contract and salary bump are likely to come from that. I'm about to undertake a project management course, there are jobs out there that I am experienced enough to apply for and would be able to perform well, having this certification would seal the deal. The salary in one particular position that I'm extremely suited for is £42-85k depending on experience. I'm not naive enough to think they'd offer me the full whack, it would more than likely be the lower end on the scale but there would be room for growth.

Leading on from this, I want to own 2 properties by the time I'm 30. One pimped out flat that I would live in myself and another buy-to-let that would earn a fair amount of money in rent whilst appreciating at the same time. The money that this property would hopefully earn would contribute to my 100 by 30.

I know that this is a big ask and I'll have to work extremely hard to do so but I think it is achievable if I keep pushing myself. I'm young and have a lot of experience already. Working in contractor positions means that I can move about and get more experience without it looking bad on my CV for leaving jobs early as well.

It's a bit vague but I would like to create something that has an impact on others. Whether it's they just enjoy it, they find it inspiring or whatever. Basically I probably won't ever have kids, so I need to pass on my legacy somehow :heh:

C'mahn, if you have kids they'll have an impact. Fire out some little Jones' one day :)

I'll probably have kids one day. But the aim with my girlfriend is to get a house first, then get hitched. We don't want any bastards. Main aim at the moment is to find a bloody job where I can afford to raise a deposit.