NEurope
Serebii

Wii Fit U

Quick question.. In the activity log, how do you decide whether the exercise is "light" "normal" or "hard"? I was doing a bit of weight training, and it just seems a bit random... at what point does say a bicep curl go from light through to normal? like if I was doing a bicep curl with a wiimote for example, I wouldn't count that even as light exercise, but Wii Fit seems to think a tricep extension with a wii mote is almost light exercise. Presumably if a wii mote is 1.5 mets, a 12kg weight would be 15 mets? if hard is ~ 5 mets, do you then triple the time spent?

I'm doubting that. :hehe:

Yeah... been a bit lazy recently. :heh:

Is it really just 3 of us using this now, or does the game still randomly display people whenever it feels like it? :indeed:

I'm still walking and climbing but not uploaded anything in 3-4 weeks since been ill.

I only got the game in June, and only joined the N-europe community a couple of days ago... I only have 2 people showing up. I suppose it picks two individuals who seem to be about your level, to motivate you and allow you to compete against each other? idk... but I know I'm trying to catch up with both the people in the climbing and walking challenges :D I think one of them is Redshell... not sure about the other guy.. he's lurking back in the distance!

I had 3 people from the community for a couple of days.. but the third has disappeared :/

How exactly can we interact in a gym community? I can't see how many members there actually are, I can only see limited infor for the two that appear in my training area. Are there, aside from the fit meter challenges, any way's of directly competing?

Well my Fit Meter's battery is flashing...guess I need to find a new one

Presumably the fit meter had some kind of on-board memory to stop you from losing all the data the moment you replace the battery?

(genuinely curious as I don't know that much about the fit meter despite owning one)

Presumably the fit meter had some kind of on-board memory to stop you from losing all the data the moment you replace the battery?

(genuinely curious as I don't know that much about the fit meter despite owning one)

I did mine after I downloaded it so as not to take the risk... remembered all my data though

Well my Fit Meter's battery is flashing...guess I need to find a new one

I had to change mine a few weeks ago. The only thing to really remember is that you'll need to sync it up with Wii Fit U again to get the clock back to the correct time :heh:

So, just over a year status report

KM Ran: 4321.5km

Weight lost: 3lbs (9st 11lbs last year, 9st 8lbs this morning. Fluctuates wildly really though. Depends what I had to eat/drink the day before)

zlCfzSurZ-Q-SKH-XU

Not bad, considering the crap I eat (I may have had a whole bar of Dairy Milk Winter Wonderland this morning, and last week...my mum's trying to fatten me up and I've having none of it). May do too much exercise to counter it.

So, just over a year status report

KM Ran: 4321.5km

Weight lost: 3lbs (9st 11lbs last year, 9st 8lbs this morning. Fluctuates wildly really though. Depends what I had to eat/drink the day before)

zlCfzSurZ-Q-SKH-XU

Not bad, considering the crap I eat (I may have had a whole bar of Dairy Milk Winter Wonderland this morning, and last week...my mum's trying to fatten me up and I've having none of it). May do too much exercise to counter it.

Hahaha! Way to make me look like a lazy bastard. :heh:

But man, where have all of the Miis gone? :blank: I'm sure I was ahead of a few last time I checked. :hehe:

Also, where's @VsPhoenix? She must be close, if not ahead of you. ;)

Anyway congrats on the achievements. : peace:

I just had a quick check this morning to see that my weight is basically exactly as it was at this stage last year.. which is both good and bad!

There was a slow, but gradual, increase over the initial part of 2014 but a dense population of readings across July and August saw a rapid drop of around 10lbs to see me at my happiest weight level for a while. Unfortunately, the months since has seen that creep up again so I'm back to where I started, really :indeed:

I'm not sure on my total distance so far (I'll check again later :heh:) but I'm sure it's a little bit past @RedShell in that picture you posted, @Serebii :smile: The thing that annoys me about that progress line, though, is that it's not to scale so it's sort of difficult to tell just how far away you are from the other Miis, especially if you're both within different sections!

I'm sure some of us bought the Fit Meter just to unlock Wii Fit U on the console last year but I've found myself to have basically accepted it as a part of my everyday clothing :hehe: There is the odd day I reach down towards my waistline in work to make sure it hasn't fallen off, only to realise I forgot to attach it that morning :indeed: I feel like I miss it when it isn't there, but I never really pay an awful lot of attention to the readings.. :red:

Just under 21 month status report!

WVW69iWQleQgJXdVTX

KM Ran: 7,120.3km

Weight lost: Still pretty level

Have put on a little bit of weight recently but meal portions are all over the place still since my brother moved out and my parents seem intent on fattening me up, but alas.

7k is not bad. Based on this, 8 years until I've done the equator!

Edited by Serebii

The pedometer stuff looks really fun. The screenshots you guys are posting... that's the kinda quirky stuff you don't really get with phone apps.

I've been playing a lot of Wii Fit Plus on my Wii lately as I'm back on a diet and exercise. Is this new game worth it? As I said, the Pedometer stuff looks really fun, but how many new exercises are there? Is it a full new Wii Fit or more of a Wii Fit plus plus?

The pedometer stuff looks really fun. The screenshots you guys are posting... that's the kinda quirky stuff you don't really get with phone apps.

I've been playing a lot of Wii Fit Plus on my Wii lately as I'm back on a diet and exercise. Is this new game worth it? As I said, the Pedometer stuff looks really fun, but how many new exercises are there? Is it a full new Wii Fit or more of a Wii Fit plus plus?

It's like a Wii Fit Plus Plus Minus as there's a few fun new activities but it also removes a couple of games from previous titles.

I'm pretty sure I saw it on offer recently for something like £15 including the Wii Fit Meter so it's definitely worth upgrading at that price, though I only really check in every so often to upload my steps :red:

EDIT In fact, I found the deal on this very forum.. and here's the LINK

Edited by nekunando

Somehow lost my Wii Fit meter. Have had to buy a new one.

No idea where it went :/

Somehow lost my Wii Fit meter. Have had to buy a new one.

No idea where it went :/

I'm surprised mine hasn't suffered the same fate! I wear mine most of the time and out falls off from time to time. Thankfully, I always notice when it does.. but one day I won't be so lucky :heh:

I remember I lost mine 24 hours after receiving it. Fortunately I knew I had lost it in my garden so was eventually able to find it. I hope you'd connected up to wii fit U recently serebii.. I know I've gone several days without connecting.. if I lost it and all those steps :(

How much are fit meters going for these days?

I'm surprised mine hasn't suffered the same fate! I wear mine most of the time and out falls off from time to time. Thankfully, I always notice when it does.. but one day I won't be so lucky :heh:

I normally notice but it's weird.

Tuesday I woke up, usual routine, put it on and went to Sainsburys to get my Euromillions ticket. When I got back, I realised I didn't have it anymore. Retraced my steps and nothing. It just vanished within 5 minutes.

I normally notice but it's weird.

Tuesday I woke up, usual routine, put it on and went to Sainsburys to get my Euromillions ticket. When I got back, I realised I didn't have it anymore. Retraced my steps and nothing. It just vanished within 5 minutes.

521.JPG

Yes, Serebii. You're a good boy!

Hope you find your Meter!

Still got mine #smug :awesome:

Still got my Pokewalker too #extrasmug :awesome:

Still got my Pocket Pikachu even! #extrasupersmug :awesome:

Haven't played Wii Fit U in a while though so I'm probably a fat slob now #notsosmug :heh:

The inevitable happened and I lost my activity meter :sad:

I'm hoping it will somehow turn up at work some day as I assume that's where it fell off but if it doesn't I'm not sure if I'll bother getting another one. They're not expensive but I'm not convinced it's really adding much to my Wii Fit experience.. even if I do miss wearing it, a little :red:

It was taking me forever to climb those mountains, anyway.. :blank:

Ever since losing my activity meter a month ago, I've actually started to lose weight :grin:

Clearly it was useless.. :heh:

Slow and steady wins the race

DBTa5fbXYAAulAM.jpg

Should be done by 2023 at this rate

Well.. I was wearing my wii fit meter on the running machine... and decided as I was going into the pool after to cool down, I'd wear my swimming shorts, and pop the wii fit meter on there.

When I got out the pool and removed the wet suit I popped on over my swimming shorts (it was a bit cold in the pool and the wet suit helps me stay in longer) I noticed the wii fit meter was still attached to my swimming shorts :(

I did the usual of removing the cover and battery and hoping it would survive but it was soaked for a loooong while in pool water :(

Well I just popped the battery in, so far it seems the screen isn't working, sound is dead (though I can't check it's not muted without a screen) and from reading online I suspect altitude readings are a thing of the past. still... it may work as a simple pedometer I suppose :(

• Sad 1