NEurope
Serebii

Wii Fit U

My Fit Meter stopped making sound, anyone had this before? Not sure if it's battery life/defect or a setting that was unknowingly changed by accidentally pressing the buttons...

My Fit Meter stopped making sound, anyone had this before? Not sure if it's battery life/defect or a setting that was unknowingly changed by accidentally pressing the buttons...
I've not had that happen on mine, no. But I turned the volume off on my one after 1 day. :)

Anyway, you can check if it's the sound setting by pressing the middle button 4 times and then the left arrow button.

I've not had that happen on mine, no. But I turned the volume off on my one after 1 day. :)

Anyway, you can check if it's the sound setting by pressing the middle button 4 times and then the left arrow button.

Haha, that was it! How do you know these things? There's no manual available as far as I know? :red:

But thanks buddy, I'm very happy! :)

If you start the software then press the home button, there's an option to access the game's manual on the right hand side. There are instructions for the fit meter in there. One of the first things I did was look up how to turn the sound off, as it makes noises every few minutes when walking.

What the hell happened to the N-E Gym?! :laughing:

Fz8badS.jpg

Where'd everyone go? :heh:

Loads of people have disappeared from the walking "leaderboard" too:

FPAcnuR.jpg

@Serebii, what about your goal of getting around the equator before @VsPhoenix? :D

Or are you being cheeky and letting the steps on the Fit Meter build-up to upload 'em all in one go? ;)

Fz8badS.jpg

FPAcnuR.jpg

@Serebii, what about your goal of getting around the equator before @VsPhoenix? :D

Or are you being cheeky and letting the steps on the Fit Meter build-up to upload 'em all in one go? ;)

Maybe you have to have logged on regularly, I do nearly every day.

Maybe you have to have logged on regularly, I do nearly every day.
Exactly. Those that are missing must no longer be using Wii Fit U regularly! :nono:

Nintendo should have developed a motivational system for this, something like you can't play any games until you've done 30 minutes of Wii Fit U that day. :heh:

Hang on, that V - @VsPhoenix Is she from here?! Do you live in Lincoln? I'm sure we've street passed a few times!

I would play it every day, but since I moved out of my apartment and stayed with a friend it's become almost impossible. I move to Paris on Monday and will start using it every day again.

Fz8badS.jpg

FPAcnuR.jpg

I notice the community losing/gaining people all the time. It's weird.

I do it every day, I'm 60% of the way to London/Paris, ahead of everyone...even @VsPhoenix :P

Would post a screenshot, but my capture device is acting up.

Edit:

pDWQ0hr.jpg

Edited by Serebii

I notice the community losing/gaining people all the time. It's weird.
Very weird indeed. :confused:

I do it every day, I'm 60% of the way to London/Paris, ahead of everyone...even @VsPhoenix :P

Would post a screenshot, but my capture device is acting up.

Edit:

pDWQ0hr.jpg

Whoa! :o Nice one. :bowdown:

Let us know if there's any reward for reaching the London to Paris target. I'm hoping those unlock additional Mii outfits. :D

The people on the walking leaderboard are the same ones who show up in the community. I've had a few days recently where no-one has shown up on the walking board, and when I've gone to the gym it boots me out and says the gym no longer exists? Usually it comes back up if I reload the game. I think the people who do show up seem to have either just joined or recently posted on the community miiverse? I suspect being miiverse friends might make a difference as well.

Hang on, that V - @VsPhoenix Is she from here?!

It's the same V, yes. Hello! :grin:

Edited by VsPhoenix

If you start up the fit meter challenges, then go to the map screen where you pick the challenges, it shows the total distance walked/climbed in the bottom right. If you press there then it comes up with the screen RedShell posted showing how far you've gone in total compared to everyone else in the community. Or the few who are actually showing up anyway; at the moment I can only see you, RedShell and Phube.

It's the same V, yes. Hello! :grin:

Ah, thought so, how strange. Do you work at one of the game shops in Lincoln? We've streetpassed a few times!

Decided to stop into a Cash Converters and found a Balance Board for £5.99! It looks like it's riddled with athletes foot so giving it a good bleaching now, whilst the Wii Fit U trial downloads. I've put a Fit Meter through Flubit so *fingers crossed* the balance board works, and I get the whole thing plus unlock the software for £25 - ammaazziinng.

EDIT: So the Balance Board works, hurray! I went to test out a few mini games only to horrifyingly find out that some require two motion+ wiimotes. I only have the one (Zelda edition, hiyaa) fuaming at this money-guzzling software. Is there no way to tell it I don't have the extra wiimote, so it can skip those specific exercises and still give me a programme to work from?

Edited by CooInTheZoo

found a Balance Board for £5.99!
:o Wow, bargain. icon14.gif

Is there no way to tell it I don't have the extra wiimote, so it can skip those specific exercises and still give me a programme to work from?
Not sure as I've never used the suggested routine thing. :blank: If you make a custom routine though you can obviously leave any 2x Wii Remote Plus activities out of it. It's really just the dancing games and that rock climbing game that you'll be missing anyway, the boxing and Kung Fu games make optional use of the 2nd Wii Remote Plus, so you can still do those with a Nunchuck and Wii Remote. :)

:o Wow, bargain. icon14.gif

the boxing and Kung Fu games make optional use of the 2nd Wii Remote Plus, so you can still do those with a Nunchuck and Wii Remote. :)

HANG ON A MINUTE! You can use two Wii motes for rhythm boxing?

Has anyone else played the Super Advanced version of the rowing game? I unlocked it the other day, and couldn't believe how insane it is! :o

I would've unlocked it sooner, but because I've been doing the advanced version as part of a custom routine, getting a 4* high score doesn't unlock the next level. It was only because I played it separately that it unlocked Super advanced.

Anyway, it has you rowing at the same speed as from the final stretch of the advanced mode, right from the beginning! :eek:

And then (as if that wasn't crazy enough) it increases again in the final stretch! :shakehead

I actually burst out laughing the very first time I played it, because it reminded me of that scene in the Pokémon movie, where Team Rocket are disguised as Vikings. :hehe:

"Stroke! Stroke! Stroke! Oh, I think I'm gonna have one!" :laughing:

Has anyone else played the Super Advanced version of the rowing game? I unlocked it the other day, and couldn't believe how insane it is! :o

I would've unlocked it sooner, but because I've been doing the advanced version as part of a custom routine, getting a 4* high score doesn't unlock the next level. It was only because I played it separately that it unlocked Super advanced.

Anyway, it has you rowing at the same speed as from the final stretch of the advanced mode, right from the beginning! :eek:

And then (as if that wasn't crazy enough) it increases again in the final stretch! :shakehead

Yeah, Super Advanced mode is amazing, got 4* high score on it as well.

Also, does anyone when then our versions of Wii Fit U stop being the Promo versions?

Yeah, Super Advanced mode is amazing, got 4* high score on it as well.
Do you know your best time? I can't remember mine off the top of my head.

I wish there was another way to check scores on this without having to actually do the game/exercise again, or check someone's training history in the hope that they've done the activity you want to check. :sad:

That notice board section for example, why include something like that but not give the actual score? :indeed:

Also, does anyone when then our versions of Wii Fit U stop being the Promo versions?
I thought that would've happened when the retail version came out, but apparently not. :blank:

Do you know your best time? I can't remember mine off the top of my head.

I wish there was another way to check scores on this without having to actually do the game/exercise again, or check someone's training history in the hope that they've done the activity you want to check. :sad:

That notice board section for example, why include something like that but not give the actual score? :indeed:

I thought that would've happened when the retail version came out, but apparently not. :blank:

I'll check it this afternoon.

There really should be a separate online leaderboard for each activity... Join everyone else in 2013 Nintendo.

Past the London to Paris mark. Got nothing for it. No T-shirt, not even an option to put it on Miiverse :(

I tried this out today, only did a few exercises (I suck at those dancing ones, urgh!). Just a shame that our living room is a bit small, which makes it a bit of a challenge to do some of these exercises. I also have to completely move the carpet out of the way... does anyone know if it will still work properly on a carpet actually?

I signed up to the N-E community, but could only see RedShell on there. I assume that means no one else is actually using this anymore? =P