NEurope
Serebii

Wii Fit U

Whoa, wait. So this basically comes with Wii Sports U?

Ah, no. Separate title. Tennis and Bowling only it seems.

And online?

Seems to be download only.

Edited by Ike

- Wii Fit Meter is not a pedometer. It is a lot more and tracks elevation, distance travelled and calories burnt.

- The game has a lot of new events and exercises, taking the total to 77.

- The Trainer has been redesigned, she isn't the one in Smash Bros (boooo).

- The game is FREE in FULL for one month from November 1st to Jan 31st.

- If you download it for free you can get the Wii Fit Meter in stores and that means you can carry on using the full version forever.

- Wii Fit Meter is not a pedometer. It is a lot more and tracks elevation, distance travelled and calories burnt.

- The game has a lot of new events and exercises, taking the total to 77.

- The Trainer has been redesigned, she isn't the one in Smash Bros (boooo).

- The game is FREE in FULL for one month from November 1st to Jan 31st.

- If you download it for free you can get the Wii Fit Meter in stores and that means you can carry on using the full version forever.

Two very good offers right there.

Excellent. I've been needing extra motivation to exercise - footabll doesn't happen now, winter's coming so tennis is out and swimming isn't much! This will be perfect. Free download, great fit meter, all sounds great. Look forward to watching the video later.

What a great day for the wii u.

if nintendo really really advertise Karaoke, Wii Fit, Wii Sports and Wii Party, it'll appeal to a lot of families!

Them having a free trial if you have a balance board, and get it forever if you buy the Fit Meter afterwards is just genius for those who already have it.

I'm definitely down with it

As long as the Wii Fit Meter isn't £29/39.99 ;p

But WOW, what great news!!

Another reason to look into getting that Wii U around Christmas time!

Problem is. I still use Wii Fit daily, but on my Wii since I can't be arsed to load up the Wii Menu on my Wii U continually. However, I have £300+ in preorders between now and Christmas, so I don't know if I'll get the Fit Meter until like Christmas

Again, looking awesome. Great pricing model too!

Surprised they never promoted the off-TV functionality. Being able to use this without turning the TV on makes it a perfect companion piece to workouts/weigh-ins.

I hope they get the marketing right for this. If so it will sell gangbusters.

As long as the Wii Fit Meter isn't £29/39.99 ;p

But WOW, what great news!!

Another reason to look into getting that Wii U around Christmas time!

In the US, it's $20. So here, probably £40

Problem is. I still use Wii Fit daily, but on my Wii since I can't be arsed to load up the Wii Menu on my Wii U continually. However, I have £300+ in preorders between now and Christmas, so I don't know if I'll get the Fit Meter until like Christmas

£300+ and you're bothered about a £20 fit meter for something you use every day?!!? Sort your life out :)

£300+ and you're bothered about a £20 fit meter for something you use every day?!!? Sort your life out :)

I have money, but I hate spending money...especially in such a short period :p

The pricing model seems ridiculously good for people who already have Wii Fit, I guess they figured people weren't going to shell out another £40 for the same basic package.

Though I expect the Fit Meter to be about £20, if not a tad more.

This is a really attractive concept. Hopefully it'll translate into sales.

Cool it has your mii. But £20 seems a bit much for something so simple (just joining in on the moaning about price theme lately)

Wow, looks great. The altitude aspect of the Fit Meter is awesome! :o

But let me see if I've got this straight...

If you download Wii Fit U, you get it on November 1st, free for a month, then all you gotta do is spend 20 quid on a Fit Meter and the full game is yours for good.

But if you go retail, you get it over a month later (Dec 6th) and have to pay double the price for the privilege? ::shrug:

*gets ready to cancel pre-order of retail version*

Wow, looks great. The altitude aspect of the Fit Meter is awesome! :o

But let me see if I've got this straight...

If you download Wii Fit U, you get it on November 1st, free for a month, then all you gotta do is spend 20 quid on a Fit Meter and the full game is yours for good.

But if you go retail, you get it over a month later (Dec 6th) and have to pay double the price for the privilege? ::shrug:

*gets ready to cancel pre-order of retail version*

Seems that way. Plus that'd be disc version only and Wii Fit U is really the sort of thing you should digital download so you don't have to fiddle with discs if all you want to do is weigh yourself. If you still want it digitally but without the trial or Fit Meter, you have to pay for it from February

I do hope you can transfer your progress from Wii Fit/Plus to this. I have five years of daily progress on it.

Seems that way. Plus that'd be disc version only and Wii Fit U is really the sort of thing you should digital download so you don't have to fiddle with discs if all you want to do is weigh yourself. If you still want it digitally but without the trial or Fit Meter, you have to pay for it from February
Definitely going with the download version then.

I do hope you can transfer your progress from Wii Fit/Plus to this. I have five years of daily progress on it.
Same here.

I believe you can transfer over your data from Wii Fit/Fit Plus, but I'm not sure if it'll require a full Wii System transfer too. Hope not though, as I really don't wanna be doing that. :nono: