NEurope
ReZourceman

Pokémafia EX Alpha 1 : Double Trouble!

I am stunned that town didn't kill Esequiel. Jaw droppingly bad! Town got absolutely PUNKED in this one, and can only blame themselves. What a disappointing performance!

Great flavour & running ReZ, as always, looking forward to the next one

I think it was idiots jumping on the lynching bandwagon that did it.

What? No subtext there, just making a point.

Yeah :( I was gutted.

We would have easily tore the mafia apart

*All knowing high five*

I was working with the best information I had at the time. When the time came for others to use the best information they had at the time, they didn't do it. That's why I was killed off so early.

Also when townies have a lot of votes stacked on them, they need to put effort into a defence. There were a lot of instances where they just bit it and then just said "told you so" after

:yay: Go us!

First time being the mafia helper, and it was a blast :grin: It was a really fun role, forcing me to concoct a plan/story and run with it for maximum effect.

I planned to get a townie lynched first, then present the idea of me being a dumb cop, then push to get Diageo lynched before Sheikah. However, me evolving gave me a new plan to work with, thankfully, as Diageo was the towniest town.

It was also a good thing Sheikah was in the mafia. He has good logic, and saw through my behaviour. I panicked a bit when he revealed the fact that I sent "Helper" to him, but nobody picked up on that, and he realised my intentions once my other targets were revealed (at least that's how I think it went).

How the fuck did i survive! Amazed at how bad the town played, it clearly said that Sycther was the killer today and i told yall i was that pokemon ages ago. And eevil investigated me as mafia and died a townie, and you had me at 7 out of 8 to be lynched one day then lynched someone else the next day! Was a fun game though :0

That 7/8 was luck, getting Dedede lynched afterwards was me, and everything beyond that was the town being passive (Yvonne is spot on with lame defenses)

It's a survival for the ages :heh:

Yeah well played Jonnas. It was funny because we used Magnus to evolve you since we thought you might officially join us, then we found out you knew who we all were. At that point esequiel suggested we lynch you to which I said definitely not. :p I couldn't envisage you having a possibility to win with town if you knew who we all were.

Funnily enough your initial false alignment messages were a source of much worry for us at the beginning, since when you get messages saying town you really do think there must be a cop sending them out. So when I saw my name in the writeup, I was worried that someone was going to out me. When it said 'helper' I revealed it as my primary thought was to just try and discredit you and your results, since I didn't want people taking a guilty verdict seriously.

We thought DuD was the one sending the 'results' because he said he targeted me and Yvonne, which kind of made me think the reason I hadn't been outed was because he sent the result to the (recently deceased) Yvonne. He could send messages ironically, but he wasn't our guy. :p

I liked the inventive use of the messaging system. Cleverr....

Mostly though there was no one on town really kicking everyone's arses to do the right things. Diageo had absolutely the right tone to take... but minutes from Mafia majority, lol. Some players though, I've noticed don't really make too much effort to rally people.

Edited by Sheikah

I was literally reading this thread in disbelief at how retarded the town was?!

Esequiel, Sheikah and Mr-Paul were so obvious.. how the fuck??

And the last day the write-up even told you that Esequiel had attacked drakhon and you still didn't lynch him?? wow.. just... wow.

Couldn't agree more. This was another game where I actually wanted the mafia to win because of the town's fucking stupidity.

"Hey, that EEVIL guy says he's town and has identified Esequiel as a mafia. Let's have some of us vote"

Next day: "Let's move on and vote for someone else."

Day after: "EEVIL is dead and was town and his claim to being an investigator is true, which stands to reason that his accusation of Esequiel being mafia was also accurate...

... We'll stick a pin in that for now and lynch the inactive."

3qvz1d.jpg

I had mr-paul pegged also, but Diageo blocked me when I tried to investigate him. Which is now weird as I thought Mewtwo/Mew were rather swift in the speed stats.

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

If the town had payed any attention, the day before I was killed I had picked up on Esequiels mafia play and voted for him and started my questioning of Mr Paul.

Only Eevil picked up from where I left off and investigated Esequiel, then you ignored him to??

I had actually messaged Yvonne the night he died saying I thought Mr Paul was mafia.

@Sheikah.. there were people on the town getting it right.. you just silenced them early.

This was fun, if a little easy for the mafia in the end! Loved the mechanic with Jonnas.

The town ignored/forgot too many things, for example Esequiel's character on the last day, and after DuD started questioning me on on the messages he had sent me (He sent me a message saying would I like to join the mafia, I could accept or reject but don't mention in the thread or I WILL DIE.)

In case his message was genuine (we thought there could be another mafia because of the double aspect) I said I won with either side so they didn't see me as a threat.

Then we killed him :D

I think we did quite well in not getting lynched by providing info and being active, but not drawing too much attention to ourselves. The fact that me and Sheikah had gained trust in the thread with a (fake) alignment investigator probably helped us a lot. But maybe the town didn't have quite enough tools to interfere with us at night (we basically succeeded with everything) but maybe that was just poor targeting from the town.

I actually put on the forums that i thought i was dead on day 2!

Dud called me out on my "I didnt really want to lynch moogle" play so early, i thought i was over!

I wondered about Ese and Mr-paul, didn't have any clue on the others. Well done to the mafia, we got absolutely steamrolled!

@Sheikah.. there were people on the town getting it right.. you just silenced them early.

Yeah, sorry, I more or less meant the people around from EEVIL's info reveal.

Sorry about my absence in the last, vital, moments of the game. Shitty shifts left me without time to read.

I wasn't really needed, luckily. Well done to the rest of the mafia!

Thanks Rez. Great game.

Thanks to Heroic, too. My quietness might have been noticed if he hadn't of randomly vouched for me after the first night!

I don't understand why the last day was even a day if they already had majority.

We didn't have a player majority, I had a double vote. ReZ also worked out that technically the town could still win the next day, it would just be very unlikely, so he ended it a day early.

Yeah. Diageo had given a townie a double vote so town could have still won. For them to have won final day....basically nothing could have stopped mafia.

Yeah. Diageo had given a townie a double vote so town could have still won. For them to have won final day....basically nothing could have stopped mafia.

What about Mewtwo's speed? I thought he was rather fast.