NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Retro_Link

Valiant Hearts: The Great War

So why is this not released on WiiU?

I mean, it uses the same engine as Child of Light and Rayman Origins/Legends...

I can't figure out why...

So this released today, totally forgot about it. Seems to be getting decent reviews, anyone thinking of picking this up?

I'm thinking of getting it on PS3, but may wait a while. Heard great things about it though, definitely would like to experience it.

I nearly picked it up today, then held off. Would be nice to get some first hand impressions of it, also i could see it being on Plus in the future. Hmmm?

Yeah but seems a likely Plus game, though probably around Christmas time.

There are a lot of people streaming their play on Twitch. I watched a couple of minutes last night, but didn't really want to spoil any of if for myself. Liked what I saw.

Giantbomb did a good quick look of it (only 20 minutes or so) looked fantastic. I definitely think I'll be buying this on 360 as soon as I get home.

Bought this the other day, as it's only £4.00 on PSN at the moment, and started it this morning. I'm halfway through the game and it's absolutely brilliant.

The music is fantastic and very touching at times. Whenever you get a collectible you get a little bit of history on how and why it was used during WW1. At the start of every stage you get some notes about the place you are currently in and it's significance during the war. Learning about Ypres has been very interesting. Fantastic touches that make the game even more enjoyable.

@Fierce_LiNk for some reason I think you would really enjoy this game.

Games like these once again show the PS4/One aren't all about the AAA titles and that there is very much a place for these types of games.

Yeah I got this a few months back and enjoyed it. And it is quite moving at times.

Yeah I've been very tempted to pick this up in the sale too!

Think I would enjoy it, beautiful art style and no doubt a great story.

Think I may well go for it on PS3.

Bought this the other day, as it's only £4.00 on PSN at the moment, and started it this morning. I'm halfway through the game and it's absolutely brilliant.

The music is fantastic and very touching at times. Whenever you get a collectible you get a little bit of history on how and why it was used during WW1. At the start of every stage you get some notes about the place you are currently in and it's significance during the war. Learning about Ypres has been very interesting. Fantastic touches that make the game even more enjoyable.

@Fierce_LiNk for some reason I think you would really enjoy this game.

Games like these once again show the PS4/One aren't all about the AAA titles and that there is very much a place for these types of games.

I really like the look of the game and Ine wants to play it, too. £4 is very tempting, although part of me wonders if this could be the type of game that could end up on Plus at some point. Ahh.

Another problem is that we've got a lot of games on the go. I've just started Mordor, GTAV, still playing FIFA and DriveClub. We're also playing The Walking Dead together, treating it like a tv show. She's also started Bayonetta. Haven't even put in Smash yet.

Not sure whether to get it now before it goes up again in price, or to wait and pray it drops in price at a later date or becomes added to Plus.

This is my first completed game of the year and what a start to 2015 it is!

Absolutely fantastic game IMO. It is light hearted at times ( the taxi mission being an obvious point in the game ) but at its core it tells a very dark story about the war.

Ubisoft manage to do this extremely well, using a great art style, very suitable music, narration, letters and various pick ups you find throughout the game. You could easily miss all of this if you blitzed through it but taking the time to read everything that is given to you really adds a layer of depth to the game.

For all the flak that Ubisoft have taken for the likes of Creed Unity and The Crew I still have to give them credit for being able to put out a game like this. I'm hoping they continue to create such titles as this, as well as their AAA output.

A very memorable, enjoyable, yet sad experience. Well worth the £4.00 I paid. Brilliant.

This is my first completed game of the year and what a start to 2015 it is!

Absolutely fantastic game IMO. It is light hearted at times ( the taxi mission being an obvious point in the game ) but at its core it tells a very dark story about the war.

Ubisoft manage to do this extremely well, using a great art style, very suitable music, narration, letters and various pick ups you find throughout the game. You could easily miss all of this if you blitzed through it but taking the time to read everything that is given to you really adds a layer of depth to the game.

For all the flak that Ubisoft have taken for the likes of Creed Unity and The Crew I still have to give them credit for being able to put out a game like this. I'm hoping they continue to create such titles as this, as well as their AAA output.

A very memorable, enjoyable, yet sad experience. Well worth the £4.00 I paid. Brilliant.

God dammit, Hero, stop tempting me.

I think I'm going to get this, but I'll probably hold back on playing it until I've finished Shadow of Mordor.

Decided to pick this up myself a little bit ago. For £4, I thought why not especially as I've put a ban on me buying "bigger" games, so to speak, until I finish the likes of Dragon Age and InFamous amongst others. And I've only heard good things about it so definitely worth a sniff at that price.

Looking forward to giving it a go later on tonight though think I'll try and take it slow with this to get the most of the experience out of it, as you've suggested @Hero\-of\-Time.

Between getting this and Never Alone (I've heard it's not the greatest but the whole culture surrounding it and aesthetic is what got me), think it'll be a good night of gaming :grin:

Did you end up having a crack at this @Ganepark32? @bryanee I noticed you started playing this yesterday as well. Any thoughts on it?

I'm really liking it. It looks fantastic, the story is funny, grim, dark, sad and uplifting all at the same time. The gameplay is fairly simple puzzle type stuff but it does the job just fine for this game. Well worth the money.

Just finished and my god, dat fecking ending made me all misty eyed.

Edited by bryanee

Did you end up having a crack at this @Ganepark32? bryanee I noticed you started playing this yesterday as well. Any thoughts on it?

I got distracted by playing Never Alone and Thomas Was Alone the other night but have managed to have a good go on it earlier today. And I'm really enjoying it so far (even if it did corrupt my trophy data after playing it :blank: all sorted though). Looks great and enjoying the puzzle nature of the gameplay (as well as being able to pet the dog). Trying to take my time with it and collect all the items (I know I've missed 2 in the start at the training base) and reading the history notes and I'm really enjoying not just playing but reading about the events that actually took place, etc.

So yeah, very happy with it so far and glad I got it. For £4, it's an absolute steal considering how much I just wanted to keep pressing on and see how the story and everything unfolded. But as I say, taking it slowly to enjoy the whole experience.

Definitely on the bandwagon of everyone should give the game a go. It's brilliant so far.

@Hero\-of\-Time, I've bought it today!

Ine has added £20 to my PSwallet at part of my birthday gifts and so I immediately went to the store and purchased this. Not sure when I'll get on to play it, but it's there. Wooooo.

Not sure what to do with the rest of the monies. I want Journey, cmaaaan release it already. Not sure about The Unfinished Swan.

@Hero\-of\-Time

Not sure what to do with the rest of the monies. I want Journey, cmaaaan release it already. Not sure about The Unfinished Swan.

Buy it! You'll love it. It's a great experiment and won't be like anything you've ever played.

How do you control the game? Is it something that can be done decently on a keyboard or is a controller required?

How do you control the game? Is it something that can be done decently on a keyboard or is a controller required?

I played it on the PS4 but I imagine it would play fine on a keyboard. It's a 2D puzzler so it doesn't require complex inputs.

@Hero\-of\-Time, The Wonderful @Eenuh has started playing this. I was pretty much bedridden yesterday but I popped into the living room to watch her play for around 20 minutes or so. Looks fantastic! Can't wait to get on that.

Sign in to follow this