NEurope
Retro_Link

Child of Light (eShop)

I think it's meant to be 10 to 12 hours long, if that helps.

10-12 hours is nice length. I dont have the determination to pla 60 hours RPG. Beat the second boss last night. Perfect to relax with after exam reading.

Anyone played/finished this? I am very much interested! Think I will buy it tomorrow and play it over the long weekend. It looks so beautiful I would buy it just for the visuals. =)

I have played it few hours. Good game, great soundtrack. Well worth the money. Refreshing combat for a RPG. Props to Ubisoft to publish it on e-shop. I hope it does not flight under the radar for folks here.

I've picked it up on Wii U but was split between Xbox 360 and Wii U. I do like achievements but due to the off-tv mechanics of Wii U, I've played more on this than Xbox as of late.

There aren't any differences between the versions?

No differences between those version....

I'm watching Ine play this now. It's so, so beautiful. Amazing music, visuals and script writing.

I'm watching Ine play this now. It's so, so beautiful. Amazing music, visuals and script writing.

This is one thing that I feel hasn't got as much coverage as the graphics, the music and the general mechanics. So much of the dialogue makes me genuinely laugh out loud.

This is one thing that I feel hasn't got as much coverage as the graphics, the music and the general mechanics. So much of the dialogue makes me genuinely laugh out loud.

Laugh in a good way? Or at it? I've heard mixed things from it

It seems pretty cute, to me. It's meant to read like a fairy tale, which I think it does. It's humorous how the vast majority of it rhymes and it just fits together nicely. A definite plus point.

I'm enjoying the game a lot, definitely worth the 12 quid I think. It is just so very beautiful and the music is great. The dialogue is nice, sometimes it can seem a bit "forced" to try and make it rhyme, but I think it fits the style of the game. =)

I have had a few glitches with the sound though while playing this game. One story scene where there was absolutely no sound, then one where there was supposed to be a voice over but it got stuck on "Auro-" and just kept repeating it until I left the scene. Anyone else have had this happen? =P

It seems pretty cute, to me. It's meant to read like a fairy tale, which I think it does. It's humorous how the vast majority of it rhymes and it just fits together nicely. A definite plus point.

Yes Fierce_LiNk pretty much replied with what I was going to say. It's so cute and the humour that comes out of that is genuinely funny and adorable. For instance every time someone callesAurora a princess there is a funny little exchange around her crown that I just love!

Why is there no demo available for this on Wii U? Want to try it out but have had to go for the Xbox version instead.

Been so busy I've still not got round to actually checking out anything about this game but this thread - but I have to say some of the recent opinions of forum members is making kind of want to not bother reading up, buy it and just jump in, rather than get bad things highlighted by a review that I can't then ignore...

I'm not feeling it. I'm up to Chapter 7 I think and whilst enjoying the battles, I find absolutely no real joy from walking around. The secrets are dull and the world is too empty. The visuals and audio are sublime but other than that, I don't think this is worth the money. Maybe for half the price...

I'm about half way through, I think the game is... alright. Not really blown away by it. There's nothing wrong with the game, everything is pretty solid, it's just lacking something to me.

The writing is enjoyable, especially the character who can't/want rhyme. :laughing:

The map feels similar to other indie games, can't place my finger on it though (Trine 2? The Cave? Maybe?).

So being as this is on offer for £8 atm, I decided to pick it up last night!

Only played for a bit, and I was drunk/sleepy, but something about it feels very nice - got a magical little vibe to it. Loving that atmosphere, and I like the idea of the battle system so far. Looking forward to getting more stuck into it next week, maybe sneak a bit of time in on the weekend.

One question I'd have - what(if anything) are the differences offered by the Wii U compared to the other systems?

So being as this is on offer for £8 atm, I decided to pick it up last night!

Only played for a bit, and I was drunk/sleepy, but something about it feels very nice - got a magical little vibe to it. Loving that atmosphere, and I like the idea of the battle system so far. Looking forward to getting more stuck into it next week, maybe sneak a bit of time in on the weekend.

One question I'd have - what(if anything) are the differences offered by the Wii U compared to the other systems?

You get to the play the Wii U version with the best controller :P

That's it...

You get to the play the Wii U version with the best controller.

I didn't realise the 360 pad was compatible with the Wii U. That's good to know. :D

I didn't realise the 360 pad was compatible with the Wii U. That's good to know. :D

Arf! Arf!

I just downloaded this too, can't wait to not play this along with all the others...

Arf! Arf!

I just downloaded this too, can't wait to not play this along with all the others...

You might not be completely alone there. I'll probably bite for £8 tomorrow.

I bought it a while ago and got quite far through (I think). Then Mario Kart arrived. Haven't been back since but will givr it another whirl at some point, I enjoyed it quite a bit. Interesting fight system and gorgeous music.

I've started playing this.

The first thing that stands out is that absolutely GORGEOUS soundtrack. It's so good! I haven't gotten that far, but it's an incredibly relaxing game.

Oh god...

Please sack/behead the writing team!!

I just knew you'd be in here. :laughing: