NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy Curtain Call (3DS)

1 hour ago, Jonnas said:

And then I looked at the LITERALLY 100 DLC SONGS!?! that this game has to offer, and I kinda must weep. Even forcing myself to purchase merely half of them is going to cost me 50€.

Yeah, I guess it was a lot easier to swallow when you were following the gradual dripfeed of songs after release.

Do yourself a favour, only get the songs you really like, the game is already jam packed as it is, so you'll get loads of mileage out of what's there. The DLC songs also get added to the Quest Mode rotation, so you don't wanna be forced to play a song you don't like.

And yes, I realise that Chrono Trigger, Romancing Saga, and Bravely Default songs are very hard to not justify buying.

• Thanks 1

Chrono Trigger and Bravely Default are musts. So are the FFIX tracks. Sadly, just that already costs roughly 15€

(Can't believe Advent One Winged Angel isn't in the base game, ffs)

Everything else, I'll have to be selective about. For example, as a standalone, I wouldn't mind getting the J-Pop song from FFX-2, but right now it's one I'll gladly cut from the shortlist.

Well, well, I have successfully narrowed down the amount of DLC music I want to purchase to a mere 25 songs!

If only there was a way for me to narrow it furth- the hell's a Final Bar Line?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Jonnas said:

Well, well, I have successfully narrowed down the amount of DLC music I want to purchase to a mere 25 songs!

If only there was a way for me to narrow it furth- the hell's a Final Bar Line?

Yeah, you really lucked out there. Glad you didn't get screwed.

That said, the Bravely Default songs are weirdly absent from the PR for Final Bar Line. Doesn't mean they won't be in, but those three songs are ones to keep an eye on.

Just now, Glen-i said:

Yeah, you really lucked out there. Glad you didn't get screwed.

That said, the Bravely Default songs are weirdly absent from the PR for Final Bar Line. Doesn't mean they won't be in, but those three songs are ones to keep an eye on.

*four. There's four BD songs as DLC.

I noticed the absence too, but I think they're just keeping things under wraps for now.

6 minutes ago, Jonnas said:

*four. There's four BD songs as DLC.

Oh right. I forgot about the penultimate final boss song...

I'd say this means I need to boot up Curtain Call again, but I'm gonna have to resist now.

Alright, two questions:

1. In FMS stages, what is distance, exactly? In BMSes, I get it, there're enemies, and damage, and stuff. In FMSes, it's like... why should I try to improve from 6000m and 8000m, for example?

2. Are there any elemental weaknesses (like WarMech being weak to Ramuh)? I thought it was mentioned somewhere, but I'm not sure if I just imagined it.

9 minutes ago, Jonnas said:

In FMS stages, what is distance, exactly? In BMSes, I get it, there're enemies, and damage, and stuff. In FMSes, it's like... why should I try to improve from 6000m and 8000m, for example?

In FMS stages the further you go the better the rewards(treasure/ exp). It's why using characters with a high speed stat are the best for these stages.

• Like 1

I faced a boss on one of the quests (FFIV Final Boss, on Ultimate Difficulty), and I think I did pretty well, considering I never had any formal drumming lessons. Sure, I Miss'd or Bad'd the last 10 hits or so, but still, got an S-rank.

But then I notice I didn't get any of the Orange Shards that were associated to him! What the hell? I definitely defeated that boss! What's the condition to get the Shards?

5 hours ago, Jonnas said:

But then I notice I didn't get any of the Orange Shards that were associated to him! What the hell? I definitely defeated that boss! What's the condition to get the Shards?

You likely didn't actually defeat the boss. You didn't do enough damage before the song ended. If you make it explode, you're golden.

5 hours ago, Glen-i said:

You likely didn't actually defeat the boss. You didn't do enough damage before the song ended. If you make it explode, you're golden.

I definitely defeated him, had Zidane, Laguna, and Cloud fire off their ultimate attacks (the ones that come out only on the strongest enemy) just to guarantee at least that kill. The enemies cycled back to the first one and everything.

Don't remember if there was an explosion, though.

Alright, so what happened was that the shards are handed out only at the end of the quest. After I defeated the final quest boss, I got all the shards at once.

And finally, Vivi has been unlocked :hug: He jumps whenever he attacks, so cute!

33 minutes ago, Jonnas said:

Alright, so what happened was that the shards are handed out only at the end of the quest. After I defeated the final quest boss, I got all the shards at once.

And finally, Vivi has been unlocked :hug: He jumps whenever he attacks, so cute!

Oh right, yeah. That makes sense.

Vivi stands out in this game because he's the only character whose animations are clearly different then everyone else's.

Someone at indieszero was clearly a fan.

• Like 1

I have to ask...is this secretly a horror-game?

Theatrhythm_Zidane.pngTheatrhythm_Aerith.png

The faces...those lifeless puppet faces...

40 minutes ago, drahkon said:

I have to ask...is this secretly a horror-game?

Theatrhythm_Zidane.pngTheatrhythm_Aerith.png

The faces...those lifeless puppet faces...

Well, when you outsource a game to a relatively small developer with a shoestring budget that has to homogenise 13 different games with varying art styles on a handheld console, something has to give.

That said, they do actually change facial expressions during gameplay now and again, so it's not totally bad.

They're kinda cute, in my opinion.

I really need to get back to this. Finished up to FF11 on the basic scores. Might play it later after i'm done with dinner.