NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy Curtain Call (3DS)

Well happy Horizon of Light and Shadow is on that list. Easily one of the best overworld tunes in a JRPG in recent years.

I have to buy this game now just for the SaGa DLC.

There's actually already 4 songs from the SaGa series available now.

So that's even more incentive.

DLC is live now!

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

I'm loving all the unique backgrounds each song gets.

Final Fantasy VII - Opening Bombing Mission

Final Fantasy XIV - Primal Judgement (Ifrit)

Xenogears - Flight

SaGa Frontier - Last Battle -T260G-

Sword of Mana ~Final Fantasy Adventure~ - In Search of the Sacred Sword

Seiken Densetu 3 - Sacrifice Part Three

All out this week! :D

Xenogears, eh?

That's one step closer to Xenoblade!

I know that's an infinity to 1 chance.

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

I actually missed the first few notes because I was giggling too much.

Supposedly the next batch of DLC is as follows...

Calling - The World Ends With You, 3:25, FMS (Creepy timing @Glen\-i!!)

Twister - The World Ends With You, 1:17, BMS

Wind Scene - Chrono Trigger, 1:59, FMS

World Revolution - Chrono Trigger, 2:03, BMS

Final Confrontation - Romancing Saga 3, 2:17, BMS

Liberi Fatali - Final Fantasy 8, 3:05, BMS

So... Yeah! Awesomeness all round! :D

Edited by Dcubed

Where do I even begin with this week!?

From the insanely creepy timing of World Ends With You to my favourite Chrono Trigger Song, Wind Scene, with a little bit of awesome sauce from Final Fantasy 8.

It's an absolutely delectable musical sandwich which I'd happily throw money at!

EDIT: BTW, @Dcubed. Small omission there. Final Confrontation is from Romancing Saga 3, not the first game. We already have the final boss music from the first game (Coup De Grace)

Edited by Glen-i

Hey @Glen\-i! It's your music this week! ;)

BMS Final Fantasy IX — “Vamo’ alla Flamenco”

BMS Sword of Mana 2 / Seiken Densetsu 3 — “Swivel”

BMS SaGa Frontier 2 — “Miβgestalt”

BMS Chrono Trigger — “Frog’s Theme”

FMS Legend of Mana — “Ruined Sparkling City”

FMS NieR Gestalt/RepliCant — “Kainé/Salvation

Ohhhhhh! SNAP!

That particular song is an insta-buy! (If you don't understand why, maybe you should play one of those games?)

Just in case I needed more proof that Square are spying on me.

Just in case I needed more proof that Square are spying on me.

Tell 'em to hurry up with them Dragon Quest localisations.

oh my god I actually gasped when I read that music from NIER is coming. That game has one of the best soundtracks ever

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

For some bizarre reason, we didn't get those 6 songs two weeks ago.

But we're getting them this Thursday, along with 6 more.

BMS

Final Fantasy IX - Vamo’ alla Flamenco

Seiken Densetsu 3 - Swivel

SaGa Frontier 2 - Miβgestalt

Chrono Trigger - Frog’s Theme

Live A Live - Megalomania

Romancing SaGa - The Ultimate Confrontation

Romancing SaGa - The Conflict

Final Fantasy XIV - Nemesis

Final Fantasy V - The Dawn Warriors

FMS

NieR Gestalt/RepliCant - Kainé/Salvation

NieR Gestalt/RepliCant - Song of the Ancients/Devola

Legend of Mana - Echoes of the Spiral (Also known as "Ruined Sparkling City")

Wii just posted this in the 3DS eShop Thread but I thought it needed to be mentioned here too.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call: “Birds in the Sky, Fish in the River” (FMS), Square Enix – £0.89 (€0.99), Free until 1st April 2015

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call: “Boss Battle 2″ (BMS), Square Enix – £0.89 (€0.99)

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call: “Devil Lord Confrontation II” (BMS), Square Enix – £0.89 (€0.99)

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call: “Meridian Child” (FMS), Square Enix – £0.89 (€0.99)

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call: “Real Emotion” (BMS), Square Enix – £0.89 (€0.99)

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call: “Shadowlord” (BMS), Square Enix – £0.89 (€0.99), Free until 1st April 2015

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call: “Struggle to the Death” (BMS), Square Enix – £0.89 (€0.99)

Wii just posted this in the 3DS eShop Thread but I thought it needed to be mentioned here too.

Not to trample all over your post. I'm thankful for it.

But I thought it'd be nice to point out what game each song comes from.

Also gonna provide audio samples.

BMS

Final Fantasy X-2 - Real Emotion

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

(No idea if it's the Japanese or English version, my guess would be the Japanese version though)

Final Fantasy Legend II - Struggle to the Death

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

NieR - Shadowlord

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Chrono Trigger - Boss Battle 2

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Romancing SaGa 3 - Devil Lord Confrontation II

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

FMS

Seiken Densetsu 3 - Meridian Child

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Chrono Trigger - Corridors of Time

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Live A Live - Birds in the Sky, Fish in the River

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

EDIT: This week is awesome! I want every song apart from FF Legend 2 (It's good, but too short) and the Live a Live one, but OH WAIT! That one is freeeeee!

Time to buy another eShop card!

Edited by Glen-i

From NieR: Where is Kainé/Escape, Song of the ancients/Popola, Blu-bird, Temple of Drifting Sands etc.?? They are coming, right? NieR has the greatest soundtrack of all eternity.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Would be great FMS.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

And battle music.

Edited by Miharin

From NieR: Where is Kainé/Escape, Song of the ancients/Popola, Blu-bird, Temple of Drifting Sands etc.?? They are coming, right? NieR has the greatest soundtrack of all eternity.

I believe Song of the Ancients has already come out.

But as for the others, no clue. No way of finding out until they announce it.

Song of the ancients/Devola is out and it's an acoustic guitar song. Popola is this and it's a more umm, bubbly sound? I like this one much more.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

By the way the singer is Emi Evans. She also did Drakengard 3 soundtrack vocals for most songs.

Seems the information on the free songs was slightly wrong.

The Final Fantasy Legends 2 song and the Romancing Saga 3 song are free. Not Nier and Live a Live.

Also, some bad news...

This is the last set of songs in the second performance. That's why 2 of the songs are free.

So this might be it for DLC for this game.

It's the last batch of second performance dlc... Didn't they also say at the end of first dlc batch that that was all, folks? Why not release a new wave after like two months.

It's the last batch of second performance dlc... Didn't they also say at the end of first dlc batch that that was all, folks? Why not release a new wave after like two months.

They could well do. Nobody really thought that they'd do a second wave and yet there it was, out of nowhere!

I really hope that they do a 3rd performance. There's still so much in the well that is still untapped! No Mystic Quest DLC? No Chrono Cross? No FF Crystal Chronicles? And so much wonderful Chrono Trigger music still to go...

Had this a month or so and finally got round to playing this during my hol. Really like it, what a gem! A simple idea but works so well with such an impressive catalogue. The ultimate difficulties are laugh out loud difficult. :heh:

I had a strange urge to play this last night, so I fired it up and started rocking away to some FF tunes. I had a look and see that I had only put a few hours into the game. Criminal! :(

I decided to have a look at the DLC and seeing as I had just under £2.00 on my account, I bought a couple of songs. It was a tough choice as there were so many I wanted. I'm glad I only had a couple of quid on my account or I may have gone a little nuts with the buying. :D

I ended up buying We Have Come/Arrived from Final Fantasy Type 0 and Horizon of Light and Shadow from Bravely Default. I was tempted with Calling from TWEWY, as well. I may have to get some eShop credit....

I think I played a couple of hours straight on it. I just kept hopping between the quest mode and then playing single songs which I like. I managed to unlock a fair few characters and started to get to grips with the abilities and item usage. Yeah, this could be a game I keep coming back to in future weeks. I have no idea why it's sat forgotten on the shelf for so long. :shakehead

Yeah, you could easily end up putting hundreds of hours into this little gem; especially if you're insane enough to attempt getting a perfect chain on every song like one of my friends did!