NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy Curtain Call (3DS)

I was also happy to see that by playing the demo I instantly unlocked 10 characters. I like little bonuses like that. My team leader had to be my boy Squall, followed by Zack, Cloud and Tidus.

You didn't choose Benjamin!?

BOO! BOO THIS MAN!

I'm picking this up in digital form, so will be downloading it at midnight.

Tesco despatched my copy of Collector's Edition earlier today. Likely to arrive early next week. :blank:

Oh well, got it for a good price thanks to some vouchers.

I possess the first game but haven't played it yet. Should I give it a go before diving into 'Curtain Call'?

Bx_kroUIIAAbESO.jpg

I quite like the Collector's Edition. Better than the scarf I got with the Hyrule Warriors Collector's Edition.

There's currently a couple of free pieces of DLC available. They're the track Battle 2 from Final Fantasy V and Roses of May from Final Fantasy IX. Only free until 3rd October.

Edited by V. Amoleo

This game has an INSANE amount of content. Everytime I play a song I seem to unlock something new.

I didn't realise this had an online versus mode. This wasn't in the original, was it? If it was then I completely missed it. :D

I've been jumping between fighting in the AI in versus mode, playing random songs in music mode and playing quest mode. There's so much to do that it's very easy to get over whelmed.

I didn't realise this had an online versus mode. This wasn't in the original, was it? If it was then I completely missed it. :D
Sweet! That wasn't in the original, no (unless I completely missed it too :grin:).

Damn, I kind of want to get this game now. :heh:

Sweet! That wasn't in the original, no (unless I completely missed it too :grin:).

Damn, I kind of want to get this game now. :heh:

No it wasn't in the original; in fact, the Versus mode wasn't in the original at all (the last game let you play through the Chaos Shrine in co-op, but the new Versus mode in CC is much more fun!)

And yes, you should already have this by now because it is amazing, Pulse de Chocobo or otherwise ;) (who cares anyway when you have Mystic Quest and Crystal Chronicles music! :yay: )

This game has an INSANE amount of content. Everytime I play a song I seem to unlock something new.

I've been jumping between fighting in the AI in versus mode, playing random songs in music mode and playing quest mode. There's so much to do that it's very easy to get over whelmed.

Yup, very true. Me and Glen-i figured out that just playing each song once on one difficulty alone would take an absolute bare minimum of 7.5 hours of constant, non-stop play (assuming that you passed every song on your first attempt and assuming zero seconds spent on menus or anywhere else, which is of course impossible. That's 22.5 hours just from playing each song only once on each difficulty without going for better ranks or touching any other mode at all! :o )

... Yeah... This could easily be a 200+ hour game if you get into it!

Edited by Dcubed

Yeah this game is as amazing as I'd hoped. The one thing I wish tough is that if you played higher difficulties it auto completed the lower ones. Although it isn't as painful as mario karts 50cc I'd still rather not have to play through basic difficulty. Looking forward to diving into it more.

How do you open up the shop? I want to download the free tracks!

And anyone up for online?

I'm so interested in this game, but can't justify the hours I'd spend on it, got so many other games to play ATM. But, my wallet hasn't been opened for such a long time.

Hmm, I was pretty sure that with the limited edition you were only going to get a 5 track CD, and the 20 track one was with the Collector's Edition. But basically the CE included a huge ass box that doesn't fit any shelf, a 3DS XL case (I only have regular) and some... cards. Why did I buy this...

The game is great though. Don't forget to pick up your free DLC before it's too late.

I'm so interested in this game, but can't justify the hours I'd spend on it, got so many other games to play ATM. But, my wallet hasn't been opened for such a long time.
Yeah.

I'm going to wait, as there's just no point in me picking up the game right now (still got lots to do in Fantasy Life, and Hyrule Warriors. Plus Smash Bros. and Bayonetta 2 are literally around the corner).

It's always good to save some games for a droughty day too. ;):heh: Still got Kirby Triple Deluxe to look forward to because of that, so adding Curtain Call to my list will give me another 3DS title to look forward to at some point.

This game is so so so good. Played a bit of online today, good fun, don't Quite understand the weapons though, are they just random and you don't have to worry about it?

Anyone here fancy some games?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=957094

Looks like Square-Enix just announced this.

The following tracks will be available on Dec. 24 in NA (EU probably the same day), for 0.99$.

“He of the Name” (Bravely Default)

“Evil Wings” (Bravely Default)

“The Serpent That Devours the Horizon” (Bravely Default)

“Ultima” (FINAL FANTASY XIV)

“Hard to Miss” (FINAL FANTASY XIV)

“Zero” (FINAL FANTASY TYPE-0 ™)

“Ardent Rhythm” (Romancing SaGa ® : Minstrel Song)

“Battle #4” (SaGa Frontier)

“Meridian Dance” (Secret of Mana)

“Chrono Trigger” (CHRONO TRIGGER)

“Horizon of Light and Shadow” (Bravely Default)

“Title Screen” (Romancing SaGa 2)

MERRY FUCKING CHRISTMAS!! :D

Looks like there's even more tracks coming on January 8, but no info given on those for now.

AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR!! :bouncy:

Edited by Dcubed

Oh Square Enix! People might hate you over the FF7 trolling. But I love you now!

Bravely Default music alone would have made me hyped, but we're getting the Chrono Trigger and Secret of Mana song as well?

giphy.gif

It's too much! I have to go buy an eShop card now! This DLC needs support! If only for more Chrono Trigger and Secret Of Mana.

BTW, @Dcubed that link to GAF doesn't go to the thread you were hoping for.

Edited by Glen-i

I love the game, but the DLC is ridiculously expensive!! I just won't buy at that price.

I love the game, but the DLC is ridiculously expensive!! I just won't buy at that price.

giphy.gif

Well, yeah. If you buy all the songs, it might get expensive. But I thought the idea was to just buy the songs you really like.

That's what I'm doing. It just so happens that a lot of these songs are fantastic. You don't have to buy them all.

Worth pointing out that DLC songs can appear during a quest medley, so if you play that mode a lot, it adds some more variety to it.

BTW, Japan got the 2 FF14 songs for free. Seeing as we got free songs as well when the game came out, you might as well get those.

Edited by Glen-i

Oh Square Enix! People might hate you over the FF7 trolling. But I love you now!

Bravely Default music alone would have made me hyped, but we're getting the Chrono Trigger and Secret of Mana song as well?

giphy.gif

It's too much! I have to go buy an eShop card now! This DLC needs support! If only for more Chrono Trigger and Secret Of Mana.

BTW, @Dcubed that link to GAF doesn't go to the thread you were hoping for.

Doh! Fixed. Cheers : peace:

And best of all is that we have even more songs coming on Jan 8th! So it IS part of a whole new season of DLC! :D

Well, I now have no choice but to download all of that music. Every song is fantastic!

Had a listen to all the music I had never heard before. (I tried to find Zero, from Type-0, but couldn't find it on YouTube) One of them being Ardent Rhythm from Romancing SaGa Minstrel Song.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Now it's stuck in my head forever. Why do I do this to myself?

Somebody please tell me Bravely Default's The Gongs of Battle is in the second wave..?

Somebody please tell me Bravely Default's The Gongs of Battle is in the second wave..?

Who knows? It's worth noting that the Bravely Default songs weren't actually part of this wave in Japan. They got it about a month before hand.

Doesn't really tell us anything concrete though, you'll just have to wait until January.

To be fair, the 4 songs chosen from Bravely Default are all fantastic!