NEurope
Rummy

Can you see this image? (imageshack)

This is quite simple; can any of you see this gif?

lss.gif

http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/8467/lss.gif

I'm getting rather annoyed because I cannot, and I cannot figure out why. Any browser on my computer? No dice.

IE on my mum's Windows 8 laptop? No dice.

An old IE at work - No dice.

Via my phone's mobile data...well, sort of.

Via my phone via my own wifi - NO FUCKING DICE!

Which leads me to conclude the most bizarre conclusion - it must be something outside of my end; but that's so confusing. I'm on VirginMedia, and the only conclusion I can reach is that it's me/my IP. The main imageshack site seems to work, and things I click from there, but yeah...this is strange. Anyone heard of issues with imageshack and certain ISP/IPs?

This is quite simple; can any of you see this gif?

lss.gif

http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/8467/lss.gif

I'm getting rather annoyed because I cannot, and I cannot figure out why. Any browser on my computer? No dice.

IE on my mum's Windows 8 laptop? No dice.

An old IE at work - No dice.

Via my phone's mobile data...well, sort of.

Via my phone via my own wifi - NO FUCKING DICE!

Which leads me to conclude the most bizarre conclusion - it must be something outside of my end; but that's so confusing. I'm on VirginMedia, and the only conclusion I can reach is that it's me/my IP. The main imageshack site seems to work, and things I click from there, but yeah...this is strange. Anyone heard of issues with imageshack and certain ISP/IPs?

I can see a gif of a 16 bit computer game where a girl is attaching a monster with a large sword doing 103 damage

ometimes on the internet image shack images won't load for me.....then suddenly a day later they do

Yep. That's sorta what it should be. The fact people can see it mean it's definitely loading and it's not because it's down for me or anything; but it's mega-annoying. Maybe it'll resolve in a few days. So strange though, I'm almost convinced it's ISP related - either to my IP or something else, but can't find any similar info on it.

I can see it fine on Chrome and IE9 at work, though it is significantly slower moving on IE9.

Might be a DNS issue, try setting your DNS to Google's (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) and see if that works?

Might be a DNS issue, try setting your DNS to Google's (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) and see if that works?

Would I do that on my PC or on my router? I'm at work now so I'll give it a go when I get home/poke around the router. It has to be something like that though because it's not working on any device via my router!

I can see it fine. Imageshack is a bit temperamental. Try imgur. In fact... http://shorty.n-europe.com/i/lss.gif

It wasn't actually my own image(it's from the upcoming Starbound and was linked on their front page, think they opted for imageshack over their own domain maybe to save bandwidth) - it's just the only image it's happening on atm that I could use as an example, so was curious if literally anyone else was having an issue seeing it. Just seems such a strange issue.

Edited by Rummy

Why you say 'No Dice' what is this word and it's meaning, is google chrome trolling me, I have seen it on a comment on eurogamer as well today 'F2P? No dice. Next!'

Would I do that on my PC or on my router? I'm at work now so I'll give it a go when I get home/poke around the router. It has to be something like that though because it's not working on any device via my router!

Setting on the router would solve the issue on all your devices (if that is indeed the problem). Setting it on your PC work only work on that machine. I would test it on your PC first before messing around with the router.

Why you say 'No Dice' what is this word and it's meaning, is google chrome trolling me, I have seen it on a comment on eurogamer as well today 'F2P? No dice. Next!'

Haha...uh...I guess it just means no go? No luck? Nadda, nothing, zip. Don't really know it's etymology but now I'm almost intrigued...

http://voices.yahoo.com/phrase-origins-no-dice-7611440.html - most explanations seem to take this line of thinking - that it's about no dice as evidence that then moved into the vernacular. Also used as a call in craps to rule an invalid throw apparently.

Setting on the router would solve the issue on all your devices (if that is indeed the problem). Setting it on your PC work only work on that machine. I would test it on your PC first before messing around with the router.

Think I set them to that and tried it but still...no dice! Oh le sigh.

(hadn't tried a ipconfig /flushdns first but even after doing that...still nothing!)

Edited by Rummy
Automerged Doublepost

Think I set them to that and tried it but still...no dice! Oh le sigh.

(hadn't tried a ipconfig /flushdns first but even after doing that...still nothing!)

At home now and it's not working for me either and it worked at work. Quick Google shows a post on virgin's forums from someone with the same problem, but no replies.

At home now and it's not working for me either and it worked at work. Quick Google shows a post on virgin's forums from someone with the same problem, but no replies.

a-HA! You virginmedia too? I tried googling virginmedia and gifs and imageshacks and all sorts yesterday, didn't find anything less than a month or two old, which I wouldn't expect something like this to last longer than.

Yeah. We're on a different ISP at work. No idea if the problem is with Virgin or Imageshack. At least it's not a problem on your end. ::shrug:

Pretty stumped now, haha.

Pretty stumped now, haha.

Welcome to how I'm feeling, lol. I'm almost convinced that's it, but I just cannot fathom at all how or why! Not your usual sort of thing really!

I could see it on virgin media using Firefox.

Intriguing! Might be somehow area/IP based maybe. What kinda VM speed you on? Actually how about yourself @Ike?

This will serve to get us zero actual answers, of course.

Intriguing! Might be somehow area/IP based maybe. What kinda VM speed you on? Actually how about yourself @Ike?

I'm on 60MB.

Here's what I get:

Chrome

chrome.png

Firefox

firefox.png

IE

ie.png

Ping requests time out. Funny thing is, the main site works fine.

Yep yep yep! I get exactly the same! Main site works fine for me, but this one image is just a no-go-nadaville. I'm technically on 20MB(it's an ancient setup/deal that I never sorted out), but think it's technically sposed to be 30 if I ever decided to actually talk to them(but my shaping limits will most likely go down).