NEurope
The Peeps

Five music acts you think everyone should know about

I like listening to a lot of indie music meaning most people I know have never heard of the bands I like. So I thought I'd make this thread so people could list their top 5 bands/artists that they think everyone else should know about, if they don't already.

Obviously avoid majorly successful acts that most people would have heard of, this is just for bands that you don't think other forumers won't have heard of :) or maybe you'll find out that the act you thought you were alone in liking is actually quite well known!

Five bands you should know about if you don't already

So to start with my number one recommendation would be Cults. One of my favourite bands at the moment and they have a new album coming out in October but here is one of my favourite songs from their first/current album.

Second up I would have to nominate Best Coast. A good band with a summer/surfy sound. If you like The Drums you'll probably like Best Coast.

My third band you should know about if you don't already is Beirut. My friend sent me one of their songs and I was hooked on the band. Very soulful and melodic.

In fact, they get a bonus song because I couldn't decide which one to put up

Number four! It's Tribes. I don't remember where I heard about Tribes actually but I found their single We Were Children on youtube and had to get the album.

My final recommendation would be Devin. Classic rocky sound... if you like The Strokes or similar bands, you'll like Devin.

So that's my list, there are probably a few of you on here that have heard of them but all of my friends are into completely other genres of music so I don't have the best frame of reference I guess :p

What acts do you think everyone should know about if they don't already?

I don't know any obscure ones, but most people I talk to still don't know these. Their songs are brilliant, particularly the guitar/acoustic ones:

Dannyboy beat me to the joke. This is the anti-hipster thread.

They broke up though... :/

Running out of bands, hell I'm not really sure how well known these 3 are even.

Zola Jesus

City and Colour

Ólafur Arnalds

Folk

Folk

Folk

Shoegaze

Epic

Edited by rizz

The Moon and the Night Spirit - Egi Taltos

Kardemimmit - Tuonen Tytto

Eluveitie - The Arcane Dominion

http://youtu.be/uTM9x-fEMwo'>http://youtu.be/uTM9x-fEMwo Alcest - Souvenirs d'un Autre Monde

Wintersun - Death and the Healing

YouTube tags hate me.

I usually have to fight with them to remember what to do as well.

I usually have to fight with them to remember what to do as well.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XI2faLcfPyw[YOUTUBE]

Only the bold is required the video to be embedded. (That's a video I posted in the other music thread)

Many thanks for explaining that one!