NEurope
Ashley

Trip down memory lane

Speaking to Daft yesterday, I realised that today is the 8 year anniversary of us moving to vB (which is really worrying as I remember it well).

So I thought we could get a nostalgic kick out of checking the old boards! It's on the internet archive thing, so not everything works, but you can poke around and check out how embarrassingly teenaged we were: http://web.archive.org/web/20030802235400/http://www.xsorbit1.com/users/cubeeurope/index.cgi

Amusingly the top thread in the Zelda board was about Wind Waker. How timely!

Hoo boy, this is going to be good.

*sees old username*

Aw balls, now I'm sad.

[edit]

I saw lots of other old usernames and now I'm even sadder.

Edited by Guy

Brilliant, have a look at that PSO thread, why was it made sticky, there was only four of us who played it. :-)

Talking about 56k modems and Shorty's ISP cutting him off after 2 hours, kids these days don't know what we had to go through back then to play online.

Hoo boy, this is going to be good.

*sees old username*

Aw balls, now I'm sad.

The only reason I posted this thread was to crush your hopes and dreams.

All I can think of when skimming that site is “all of this has happened before, and will happen again”.

Too bad you can’t reply anymore, like you’re some internet time traveler from the future. Last thread I tried to click on was “new pics from the new season of Angel”.

I think I started a thread about how everyone pronounced 'xsorbit'. How cool I was back then.

Wow, check out that post count. 644.

That's a solid number of posts for a Nintendo Elite.

I was 19 back then, that's almost 10 years ago. The only thing that's changed about me is my email address.

---

If you want to check your old profile, dump your old username on the end of this URL:

http://web.archive.org/web/20040628133357/http://www.xsorbit1.com/users/cubeeurope/index.cgi?action=viewprofile&username=USERNAME

Edited by Guy

Managed to find my profile, including my cool 13 year old username.

(Actually I think it was a username from when I was 11.)

I don't know, I don't think things have changed that much.

WHY? Why aren't I allowed to think GC is the best without being told what games I'm missing?

I don't care what games I miss.

I don't care how powerful PS2 and Xbox are!

I don't care!

Can't people understand it?

NO! I'm not a fanboy and I'm not an anti-fanboy either. I'm nothing but a gamer.

No, you're not a gamer, you say? Because I haven't bought two consoles I'm not interested in?

Why should I spend my money on something I don't want?

Well, you can try listing up games and compare them. One list for every console. Final Fantasy! Wow! I really got to buy a PS2 now.

I'm sick of list of hyped games, even for the GC. Everyone wants to show off all the games that are coming and then they compare the lists based on how many games there are and what scores they may get.

Well, if I want nice shiny specs I'll just buy an Xbox. It has a powerful processor! Better than both GC and PS2, but why am I still owning a GC?

It's because I wanted one. I wanted to use my precious money on it! It's not because of what games that are coming. I didn't even think about what games that where coming on PS2 and Xbox. It's not about the specs either, because then I would just have bought an Xbox. It's because I wanted it.

There are also people that say "PS2 is a good console!" just to sound more intelligent. Another type is people that are owning all the consoles, but don't really like the GC. They're still coming here. Why? Well, they want people to buy PS2 and when someone says "Why are you promoting PS2?" they say "I own a GC too".

I've seen far to many console fanboys. I'm sick of them. I'm sick of wannabe intelligent people that are posting that every console is good. They're the biggest fanboys.

I'm sick of you. Sick of you all. Get lost.

I like GC. GameCube rules. GameCube is the best.

I DON'T WANT A PS2. Hahaha! I'm a fanboy! NOT!

I just don't want to spend my money on it and the same with Xbox.Did you get my point? Probably not, but here is a short version:

I don't care about specs. I don't care abou what games I'll miss. I don't care about popularity. I buy what I want. Nothing more.

Buy what you want don't listen to other people.

I like how dramatic this line is:

For the first time since the NES it looks like I am going to have to permanently own a console not made by Nintendo.

Im not sure if im on there or not. I think I was a member back then but never really started chatting properly until NE started.

"Location: Certainly not from ya mum, thats for sure"

God I was crazy back then.

You'd totally write the same thing today.

Yeah, Eevilmurray is like Dorian Gray, except if the inability to age was localised to his brain.

I can tell how much you've all matured from seeing 'how fast can you spank the monkey?' to 'tell us about your penis'?. :laughing:

Meanies the lot of ya! :'(

Ignore them, they're just jealous that they aren't Lyrical Gangstas.

They're just bitter that they don't act like they know Rico or know what Bo don't know.

Cha-cha-cha-Chang.

I can't remember if i was apart of the forums back then, tried a few old usernames i could have used to no avail. But from looking at the site, i can tell we've "matured" since then.

Oh man, this is amazin, gud find ashley. will hav sum fun lookin thru these threds. x

-bstmte

EDIT: Geez, my email was josh5@blueyonder... Blueyonder. Man, I feel so old. I was also a terrible teenager :p

Edited by Josh64