NEurope
Serebii

Pokémon Direct - September 4th

Yeah not a fan that I'll have to pay to transfer my previous Pokemon to this, Actually pretty damn annoyed about that..

#twittercampaign????

There will be a free trial of Bank at launch, so presuming they don't hold off releasing the transporter you may be able to transfer before paying.

*Jealous

Haha, hoping there isn't a Dragon Quest themed one if we ever get the games.

What colour would you have gone for? You've already got blue & XLs right?

Yeah, I do. :laughing: My blue one is the Fire Emblem LE though. I wanted X, but I kinda like the red one better.

Could always get the red one and buy X anyway. ;)

Until the trial ends without warning and your Pokémon are held hostage.

Team Rocket comeback confirmed.

Anywhere taking pre orders on the consoles Yet ? If its put on 27th will the game be pre installed ready ? Or will you have to wait

Where's Mega-Pikachu at? :hehe:

No, I don't want Mega-Raichu. Raichu smells of poo. :heh:

As for Pokémon Bank... No thanks, not for me. But cool for peeps that are really into Pokémon I guess. ::shrug:

Oh wow, the bank isn't even out until December 25th? Now things are starting to get fishy. I'm curious as to the box count in game and whether you can do transfers with 2 consoles or not. If it's all completely internet based, this is looking a lot like DRM to counter the new flash carts that have a weakness in the fact they can't connect online.

This is all seeming very late..

Anywhere taking pre orders on the consoles Yet ? If its put on 27th will the game be pre installed ready ? Or will you have to wait

As far as I'm aware the game isn't bundled with the special edition consoles.

Bank is fine with me. There are obvious questions about security of the data and the paywall is obviously a bummer, but I'm sure we'll all end up using it eventually.

As for the new Mega Evolutions, these don't look very mega to me. The only one that looks sufficiently powered up is Blastoise, whereas Charizard actually looks a little less powerful. Venusaur looks exactly the same.

So psyched about the Kanto starters. This is what I've wished for in every game since the originals. Nostalgia is super effective.

Those designs seem more like alternate designs rather than anything "Mega".
They all have so far :p

Venusaur's vegetation just grew an extra foot. :indeed:

I just have to say well done to Nintendo for this and the marketing of the Wind Waker Wii U bundle. This is the classic Special Nintendo difference that make grown men shiver with excitement. This is what I like to see. Cant wait!

Edited by King_V

Btw I will be going for Venusaur! Thick fat and an extra foot - yeah baby! (So Froakie as my water and the fire bird as my semi fire starter. Happy 'dears'.) :)

Predicted the Pokebox app as soon as X/Y were announced. Didn't predict cloud/subscription pay. OR OVER 2 MONTHS AFTER GAME RELEASE.

WTF Nintendo...

I fail to see the huge amounts of information that would be needed to store some Pokemon on cloud instead of just on the 3DS SD card. Guessing this has more to do with weeding out non-legit Pokemon. Guessing there's some sort of auto-search/flagging feature that just simply deletes hacked Pokemon if you try to transfer them through cloud. No wait...it's just the box that's cloud and not the transfer?

^Hmm, on the above though; maybe the reason for no Pokebox App storage on SD card is that they found a way that app data could be duplicated and realized people would be duping Pokemon?

Did anybody notices the beautifully updated Pokemon sprites as seen in the box?

Pokemon-Bank-Screenshot-3.jpg

Yeah, they're redoing them. Same with cries

Predicted the Pokebox app as soon as X/Y were announced. Didn't predict cloud/subscription pay. OR OVER 2 MONTHS AFTER GAME RELEASE.

WTF Nintendo...

I fail to see the huge amounts of information that would be needed to store some Pokemon on cloud instead of just on the 3DS SD card. Guessing this has more to do with weeding out non-legit Pokemon. Guessing there's some sort of auto-search/flagging feature that just simply deletes hacked Pokemon if you try to transfer them through cloud. No wait...it's just the box that's cloud and not the transfer?

^Hmm, on the above though; maybe the reason for no Pokebox App storage on SD card is that they found a way that app data could be duplicated and realized people would be duping Pokemon?

The transfer puts them onto the cloud

i how will the bank work? will it be linked to saves? so if you restart you loose pokemon? given nintendo's account relucance i fear this is the case

but if its an account based thing, then i'd be tempted to start the game, get the two starters upload them and reset and do that until i have a breading crop of starters then restart a final time with a perfect team

i how will the bank work? will it be linked to saves? so if you restart you loose pokemon? given nintendo's account relucance i fear this is the case

but if its an account based thing, then i'd be tempted to start the game, get the two starters upload them and reset and do that until i have a breading crop of starters then restart a final time with a perfect team

Nope, they specifically said that it works on any of your games. If you restart your save, you can put your old Pokémon in it. If you lose your game, you can move the Pokémon from the bank into a new one etc. :)

Nope, they specifically said that it works on any of your games. If you restart your save, you can put your old Pokémon in it. If you lose your game, you can move the Pokémon from the bank into a new one etc. :)

That's a big deal for me. Starting a new file in a Pokemon game has always been such a complete PITA because I have to go out of my way to transfer my prized Pokemon over to another game in order not to lose it all. It's gonna be great having them all stored in the cloud, meaning that I'll be able to play through all my games again without that enormous hassle! :D

That's a big deal for me. Starting a new file in a Pokemon game has always been such a complete PITA because I have to go out of my way to transfer my prized Pokemon over to another game in order not to lose it all. It's gonna be great having them all stored in the cloud, meaning that I'll be able to play through all my games again without that enormous hassle! :D

I really like the entire idea...and I'll happily spend £3.49 a year for it.

Last week, I was at the Pokémon Adventure Tour here in Bournemouth, battling the experts and various people there once they realised who I was. However, I suddenly wanted to change my team...but oh no! My Durant is on my Black, while I only have Black 2 on me. I guess I can't use that team.

Skip forwards to a hypothetical year. Same situation. I'm there with X, but I need to use a Pokémon I captured in Y. Luckily, I put all my Pokémon into my Pokémon Bank for easy access. I connect my 3DS to my phone, grab them from the box, and battle.