NEurope
Zechs Merquise

Wii U and 3DS Gaming Bargains

I purchased two of the deals on here, Resident Evil Revelations from Grainger and Ninja Gaiden 3 from GAME.

Both of these companies will never get business from me again.

Resident Evil took ages to arrive and when it did it was NOT factory sealed. The disk was also loose in the case and had been rattling around for the whole journey. What a farce. The game and the case were however in decent condition and it COULD have been 'new' and have been on the shelf as ex-store stock. It was not however what I expect when buying a new product online. It will be going back.

Ninja Gaiden 3 however really took the biscuit. This was clearly a second hand game, despite me having clicked to purchase a new copy. The case was badly damaged and was not Ninja Gaiden 3's case - I know this because it was originally a FIFA case and was stickered with an official FIFA hologram sticker. How GAME have the cheek to sell second hand games as 'new' is beyond me.

Both of these will be going back and both companies are on my shit list. GAME will also be getting a letter of complaint.

Ninja Gaiden 3 however really took the biscuit. This was clearly a second hand game, despite me having clicked to purchase a new copy. The case was badly damaged and was not Ninja Gaiden 3's case - I know this because it was originally a FIFA case and was stickered with an official FIFA hologram sticker. How GAME have the cheek to sell second hand games as 'new' is beyond me.

Thanks for the heads up, I was thinking about biting on the Ninja Gaiden 3 deal but won't now, I'd rather not go through the trouble of importing a game just to receive a gutted second hand copy.

Thanks for the heads up, I was thinking about biting on the Ninja Gaiden 3 deal but won't now, I'd rather not go through the trouble of importing a game just to receive a gutted second hand copy.

I am very angry about it, but also disappointed as I really fancied trying Ninja Gaiden as it looks quite different to other games I own. I never buy opened or second hand games, so the whole episode for me is very frustrating, especially as I have to mail the games back!

EDIT: My letter to GAME:

Dear Sir/Madam

On October 3rd I purchase Ninja Gaiden 3: Razors Edge for the Wii U from your online store, Order Number:xxxxxxxxx. It was listed as 'NEW'.

The game arrived in the post on the 6th, however when I opened the package I was very disappointed and angry to discover that the copy of the game I had been sent was not new at all.

It was not only not in its original factory seal, which is something I expect when I purchase a new game online, but it was in a damaged case that clearly once belonged to a FIFA game. I know this because the 'FIFA Official Licensed Product' hologram was still present on the box!

Needless to say I have now had to go to the expense of returning the item to your returns department. I would either like a full refund or a copy of the game - NEW and still packaged in its original FACTORY SEAL. I would appreciate it greatly if you could let me know which I will be getting. I do not want an opened game or a game that doesn't have it's original factory seal. Please note, a GAME branded sticker over the opening of the case is not a factory seal.

I order the majority of my games online and regularly use Zavvi, Base.com and used to order a lot from Play.com. All of these outlets ship NEW games in their original factory seal, proving that they are indeed 'new'. As GAME are the UK's largest video game retail outlet, I'm am both surprised and disappointed that not only do you think it is acceptable to ship 'new' products not in their factory seal, but you also think it is acceptable to ship what are clearly second hand games to customers who have ordered new copies from your online store.

I hope this matter can be dealt with quickly,

Regards,

Edited by Zechs Merquise

I am very angry about it, but also disappointed as I really fancied trying Ninja Gaiden as it looks quite different to other games I own. I never buy opened or second hand games, so the whole episode for me is very frustrating, especially as I have to mail the games back!

Shame as Ninja Gaiden is a great game. I played through it all in a couple of days as I was enjoying it so much.

I'm the same when it comes to games. If the game isn't sealed when it arrives then it goes back to the store. When its advertised as new then it should be just that, with a factory seal on as well, none of that resealed rubbish.

Anyway, same thing happened to me. I snapped up Tank! Tank! Tank! For my nephews, as it was only a tenner. The game arrived yesterday, unsealed and with a battered box. I've kept the GAME sticker seal intact so they can't say I've opened it and it will be sent back tomorrow morning.

GAME are well known for this kind of practice. A while back they had a massive sale and were caught selling second hand stuff as new goods. Many people complained about the same things that you described. GAME apologised and claimed that new and used stock had been mixed up. That was a while ago now and they had been good since then but it looks like they are trying to pull the same crack once again.

I find it disgusting that GAME were passing the game off as new!! Depending upon what wonderful response you will get, if any, I would inform trading standards.

Edited by Blade

This actually happened to me before with GAME when I bought Soul Calibur on the PSP. Their response to my email was that sometimes they'll sell games with damaged cases at reduced prices. They didn't respond when I replied saying that they should at least state that on their site.

Omg have you guys heard? There's this company called GAME but they SUCK!!! Don't use them.

original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

Omg have you guys heard? There's this company called GAME but they SUCK!!! Don't use them.

I learnt that lesson a long time ago and thankfully they're extinct in Ireland.

Well, neither Game nor Grainger have acknowledged my emails. Both have had two working days to do so. If either do I shall post the replies here. I have posted both games back first class after obtaining proof of postage.

Well, neither Game nor Grainger have acknowledged my emails. Both have had two working days to do so. If either do I shall post the replies here. I have posted both games back first class after obtaining proof of postage.

You can contact game via live chat on the website

The Wonderful 101 @ Currys/PC World, going for £24.97.

How did I not see this sooner! Now out of stock :(

EDIT:Hmm...looks like they've got a few bargains actually. Sadly the good ones are all gone out of stock!

Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut £19.99 at Play.com and supplied by ShopTo

How does this work? How come they offer it cheaper on Play.com than on their own website?

How does this work? How come they offer it cheaper on Play.com than on their own website?

I can only speculate but maybe;

1.) Less processing on their end, knocks a bit off

2.) No points reward as by their main site

3.) Maybe skimp and send it a lower class postage

4.) Stock that for some reason they can't/won't/shan't sell via their main site. Maybe returns, opens, who knows.

5.) Someone be trippin?

6.) They just don't give a fuck.

So...uh...I don't really know.

They did the same a couple of weeks back, by selling the Wind Waker Wii U bundle for £199 via Play.com. Probably just a way to raise brand awareness for ShopTo and/or get new potential customer details.