NEurope
Zechs Merquise

Wii U and 3DS Gaming Bargains

That's an understatement...

Anyway, anyone here who's played the Mega Man: Battle Network games? How are they as RPG's?

The closest I came was Network Transmission on the Gamecube, which is a side-scrolling platformer based in the Battle Network universe. Fun game with great music but rock hard!

The first couple of Battle Networks games were pretty fun. I enjoyed the whole concept of the games.

When they started releasing MMBN 99838493 I drew the line on caring.

When they started releasing MMBN 99838493 I drew the line on caring.

That's a shame.. it's the best one : peace:

Just got in from the massive Sainsbury's that's about 30 mins from me.

I return disappointed :(.

They had loads of stuff and loads of it was on sale, but no Wii points. I even asked the lady behind the counter who opened up the Wii drawer (yup, they still had one :D ) but it was just full of a select few Wii U games and 3DS.

Gutted! Anyway, I tried! : peace:

Just got in from the massive Sainsbury's that's about 30 mins from me.

I return disappointed :(.

They had loads of stuff and loads of it was on sale, but no Wii points. I even asked the lady behind the counter who opened up the Wii drawer (yup, they still had one :D ) but it was just full of a select few Wii U games and 3DS.

Gutted! Anyway, I tried! : peace:

I feel really lucky to have managed to pick up 6000 points from Sainsburys. It seems a bit of a shame that that's probably the last time there'll ever be such a good deal on them :heh:

I feel really lucky to have managed to pick up 6000 points from Sainsburys. It seems a bit of a shame that that's probably the last time there'll ever be such a good deal on them :heh:

You definitely struck gold nando! Massively jealous! :)

There is another Sainsbury's near me which is about the same distance as the one I went today, maybe a little closer actually. I might pay that one a visit tomorrow. Or call them. :wtf:

I wouldn't normally be bothered but looking at the list of games on the N64 VC there's some I'd definitely like to own.

Mario Party 2!! :o

Mario Tennis

Mario Kart 64

Smash Bros

Yoshi' Story

Need dem games!

Anywhere else actually sell the points for the normal price? Or would it just be the same as getting them from the VC directly?

You definitely struck gold nando! Massively jealous! :)

There is another Sainsbury's near me which is about the same distance as the one I went today, maybe a little closer actually. I might pay that one a visit tomorrow. Or call them. :wtf:

I wouldn't normally be bothered but looking at the list of games on the N64 VC there's some I'd definitely like to own.

Mario Party 2!! :o

Mario Tennis

Mario Kart 64

Smash Bros

Yoshi' Story

Need dem games!

Anywhere else actually sell the points for the normal price? Or would it just be the same as getting them from the VC directly?

I had considered using 1000 points on Mario Party 2 as I have never played it before, but ultimately I knew I'd never really have any mutliplayer with it so it wouldn't really be much fun anyway. I have the original Mario Party on N64 to fulfil those minimal needs, but I refuse to participate in the games that require you to rotate the control stick vigourously. I'm not destroying my N64 controllers over the sake of those mini games :indeed:

I have the rest of that list you posted on my N64 but I got Mario Kart 64 on the VC aswell. I have special memories of that game and it does a few things better than any of the other Mario Kart games. I would always have claimed it to be my favourite, but going through 50cc at the moment has highlighted just how brilliant Mario Kart 8 feels to play :heh:

Hmm see I know one of the Mario parties was a really great single player game. And Im sure it was 2 or it could have been 3?!

Something to do with a mine cart and going down a track in it? Shows how much I remember! But yeah pretty sure it was 2.

Mario Kart 64 was probably my most played Mario Kart ever. I loved that game as a kid and it was probably around the time I started to fall in love with gaming, so that always holds a special place! I'd love to play it again.

I'm going to do a 'nando' anyway tonight. :laughing:

Having read your post in the Wii appreciation thread about how you love having the console as a gateway to 3 different generations (loosely), what with some of the best N64 titles, cube playability and obviously, actual Wii games - it makes it a bit of Nintendo fans dream! So I shall be setting my Wii back up and getting my cube / N64 on through that! Dat hub of Ninty goodness! :D

I'd never really thought of it like that until your post, so it's definitely inspired me to get it on.

: peace:

I'm going to do a 'nando' anyway tonight. :laughing:

It's about time someone did : peace:

I've been playing Super Mario 64 on the Virtual Console this week and have been pleasently surprised by just how much I am enjoying it :hehe:

I genuinely thought that my feelings towards the game had soured due to not being particularly fond of quite a few levels, but I'm not feeling any such thing at the moment. It's awesome :yay:

is a pro controller worth £28? I'm quite happy with the gamepad tbh, but I'm a little concerned about it getting too much wear and tear, so a pro controller could be a good alternative. I'm just a bit torn over the price.. am I willing to part with £28 for one or not

is a pro controller worth £28? I'm quite happy with the gamepad tbh, but I'm a little concerned about it getting too much wear and tear, so a pro controller could be a good alternative. I'm just a bit torn over the price.. am I willing to part with £28 for one or not

£28 is fine, it's a case of once you've bought it, you'll end up using it for everything plus the battery life is phenomenal. :)

Tesco Direct are currently doing Clubcard Boost (ie, you get £10 for £5 vouchers) on games, including Wii U stuff. They don't normally do it on gaming items, and not sure how long it'll last for, so if you were looking to spend any Clubcard points, now's the time.

I got Destiny on PS4 using £22.50 of my vouchers, spending the princely sum of £0.00, but thought people might want to buy Wii U/3DS stuff.

Damn it! I paid €5 more than I should have for Resident Evil Revelations from GAME and God help them if it's secondhand.

Damn it! I paid €5 more than I should have for Resident Evil Revelations from GAME and God help them if it's secondhand.

There's a very good chance it will be. The bargains thread on Gaf is full of people complaining about unsealed and used goods being sent to them by GAME at the moment. I still can't believe they are getting away with such practices.

There's a very good chance it will be. The bargains thread on Gaf is full of people complaining about unsealed and used goods being sent to them by GAME at the moment. I still can't believe they are getting away with such practices.

They've been doing that as long as I can remember; I even remember getting used (and scratched) discs in the shop before which had obviously either been returned, or maybe taken home by staff & played or something.

Once even found some blue pen scribblings in the manual from a game I got in the shop, which was still sealed in the cellophane. Must've been re-sealed...

Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge (Wii U) BRAND NEW AND SEALED £7.95 - thegamecollectionoutlet - through Argos Outlet Ebay.

The reviews were awful but I'm tempted to buy it for collection purposes and for once they deliver to Ireland.

Probably worth it for a tenner (incl postage), but the game was a massive disappointment after the first 2 (and sigma editions). They removed most of the interesting bits like the puzzles etc, and it's basically just fight after fight after fight...at least that's all I saw as far as I played on the PS3 version.

Probably old hat for any Wii U owners anyway(I have it but haven't played) but I do believe I so ZombiU was going for something silly like a tenner or less in my local sainsburys today. I want to say it was a fiver, maybe even 4, but looking back I think that's just crazy. Maybe was a tenner.

/useless.

Probably old hat for any Wii U owners anyway(I have it but haven't played) but I do believe I so ZombiU was going for something silly like a tenner or less in my local sainsburys today. I want to say it was a fiver, maybe even 4, but looking back I think that's just crazy. Maybe was a tenner.

/useless.

or

http://www.thegamecollection.net/zombiu-wii-u.html?tduid=3aeac9e173b067d0add85e2241a13bde

for those not wanting to travel to the local sainsburys. £4/5 doesn't seem so silly, but game collection are selling it for £6.50

Edited by Pestneb

GAME are a disaster. It's well over a week and there's still no sign of Resident Evil Revelations. I ordered Ninja Gaiden from Base at the same time and that arrived on Tuesday. I had a chat with a rep and they told me I have to wait 45 days before I can report it as missing. I think if it doesn't show up after 2 weeks it's not going to. 45 days? That's ridiculous. Imagine that was Mario Kart 8 I'd ordered and the free game code expired in the meantime. 1st time ordering from them online and I don't think I'll be in a hurry again. Oh and I bet it turns up secondhand if it does.

Not sure if this is everywhere or what and it's actually a Wii title but Let's Tap was in my local Sainsburys going for 6 quid.

According to Wikipedia some place by the name of N-Europe called it ' "very original and conceptually ambitious", praising its accessible control scheme and multiplayer modes.'