NEurope
Zechs Merquise

Wii U and 3DS Gaming Bargains

Wii U with 5 games (Lego City Undercover/New Super Mario Luigi Bros U, Mario Kart 8, Mario & Sonic Sochi Winter Olympics, Sonic Lost World + whatever you decide to download by registering MK8 on Club Nintendo) for £250

Lego City bundle: http://www.game.co.uk/en/black-wii-u-premium-with-lego-city-mario-kart-8-mario-sonic-at-the-sochi-2014-winter-olympic-games-sonic-lost-world-302361

New Super Mario + Luigi bundle: http://www.game.co.uk/en/black-wii-u-mario-and-luigi-premium-pack-mario-kart-8-mario-sonic-at-the-sochi-2014-winter-olympic-games-sonic-lost-world-302360

I saw the limited edition of Pokemon Rumble U (the one that comes with two nfc figures) now down to £5 instore at Game yesterday. Not sure if nationwide but might be worth a look.

Tesco sale on 3DS games. Luigi's Mansion 2 for £20. Animal Crossing £18. Mario and Luigi £18 too.

http://www.tesco.com/direct/search-results/results.page?catId=4294967294&searchquery=3ds+games&SrchId=4294967294&_requestid=2793335

Went to see if these were reduced instore only to find out my local stocks NO Nintendo stuff. :blank: I combed up and down the aisle a few times before giving in, I was certain they must have been there somewhere.

Got 3 for 2 on Alta Rica so it wasn't a total waste!

Went to see if these were reduced instore only to find out my local stocks NO Nintendo stuff. :blank: I combed up and down the aisle a few times before giving in, I was certain they must have been there somewhere.

Got 3 for 2 on Alta Rica so it wasn't a total waste!

Yeah, Tesco ( along with just about every other retailer ) have dropped their Nintendo sections.

Yeah, Tesco ( along with just about every other retailer ) have dropped their Nintendo sections.

I thought some sort of 3DS shelf would be guaranteed. Asda stocks 3DS and DS still. :(

There's a Tesco near me that's just been refurbished that now has a Wii U section, including a demo unit, but no Wii, DS or 3DS at all. I thought that was a pretty strange choice as they'd surely sell more 3DS stuff.

I realise this was probably discussed already, but do people consider the Pro Controller worth buying? What context are they useful for?

Sorry, I only just got my Wii U and totally missed all the chat before.

I realise this was probably discussed already, but do people consider the Pro Controller worth buying? What context are they useful for?

Depends, I've almost never used it and I don't think it's that essential.

I guarantee almost everyone here disagrees with me.

Depends, I've almost never used it and I don't think it's that essential.

I guarantee almost everyone here disagrees with me.

Nah, hopefully without opening a huge can of worms I can say the controller leaves a lot to be desired, but it is a controller designed to be somewhat like the Xbox 360 pad (ie. more in line with competition) for use with the Wii U if you would prefer such to the gamepad.

Definitely worth buying if you don't like using the game pad for prolonged periods of time.

I think the game pad is decent enough but much prefer using the pro controller for games like Mario Kart, Mario World etc.

It also feels great in the hand too. A definite must buy for a Wii U owner IMO. : peace:

I realise this was probably discussed already, but do people consider the Pro Controller worth buying?

It's nice to have, but certainly not essential if you still have your Wii accessories around :smile:

What context are they useful for?

It's useful for playing multiplayer VC games, such as Super Mario Kart, particularly if you don't have a Wii Classic Controller and Wii Remote, but it's also my preferred controller for Mario Kart 8 and Super Mario 3D World.

Having said that, it isn't compatible with certain games that could use it, such as Mario Chase in Nintendo Land where a Wii Remote is necessary. You'd need the Wii Remote Plus for other attractions in that game, though, so I sort of understand why the Wii U Pro Controller isn't supported!

I managed to get mine for £20 from ASDA last year but I'd be very reluctant to spend more on something that won't work with every game :hmm:

@Gizmo I'd probably describe the Pro Controller as 'nice to have, but not essential'. I've used it for NFS:MW, MH(the brief bit I played), SM3DW and MK8 off the top of my head - however I've also used the gamepad and/or wii remotes for the same games too, and not really felt like I 'needed' to have the pro pad. My hands on Wii U time isn't that great recently though, so maybe after a time I'd get fatigued of the alternatives. One positive about the Pro pad is the fact it's...well, a pad, and its battery is pretty decent iirc. I think I'd share nando's sentiments on the price I'd pay for another, though.

It's good for multiplayer if you don't already have a Wii Remote and Classic Controller, that's all I use mine for.

Play-Asia has them for £17.50, which is 50p more than the "import duty" threshold :D

http://www.play-asia.com/paOScore/19-71-99-15-Nintendo+Wii+U+Pro+Controller.html

(I assume a Jap CCPro is compatible with a PAL Wii U?)

It is... and that's a stupidly cheap price for a Pro controller!

Tempted to get another one myself, just 'cause...

Edit: Aww what!? £11 shipping!?

tumblr_m8voojZOiN1roxoq5o1_500.gif

... never mind

It depends on what games you're going to be playing, and for how long.

The Pro Controller is pretty much essential for Monster Hunter, but I've also used mine for Sonic Racing, Tekken, Wonderful 101, Mario 3D World, Tropical Freeze, Lost World, various eShop/VC titles and currently use it for Mario Kart 8.

It basically provides a much more comfortable alternative to the Wii U GamePad, and has amazing battery life, 80 hours from a single charge. :awesome:

Play-Asia has them for £17.50, which is 50p less than the "import duty" threshold :D

http://www.play-asia.com/paOScore/19-71-99-15-Nintendo+Wii+U+Pro+Controller.html

Edit: They add £11 shipping :(

(I assume a Jap CCPro is compatible with a PAL Wii U?)

Import duty threshold is £15 now... Got me a few times.

Just weighting in the Pro controller is amazing, use it whenever it's supported and I'm not using off tv play.

@Gizmo and anyone else who is interested, Nintendo just announced an offer (saw on Facebook) where you get 30% off the Pro Controller when you buy MK or any MK Wii U bundle off the official site.

Dunno what that works out at, can't be arsed doing the deeds. :heh:

Anyway, why they didn't do this for launch is beyond me. Morons.

ef5ba45eaa1e9561aee7b7b0462053e9_zpsc78915f9.jpg