NEurope
Zechs Merquise

Wii U and 3DS Gaming Bargains

Wii U Pro Controller is £25 at HMV, reduced from £40

Just bought one myself, so if you're having trouble finding one, definitely try HMV!

Wii U Pro Controller is £25 at HMV, reduced from £40

Just bought one myself, so if you're having trouble finding one, definitely try HMV!

just been to my HMV,they only have Wii Fit U for £29.99 no controllers of any description pro or wiimote+ The pro controllers are as rare as rocking horse shit these days.

just been to my HMV,they only have Wii Fit U for £29.99 no controllers of any description pro or wiimote+ The pro controllers are as rare as rocking horse shit these days.

I might ring the Liverpool HMV later and ask about their stock level for them. I'll relay the info back here for any one who might be within distance, if not, well, we'll see if I'm feeling generous haha

Well the two Pro Controllers that I managed to acquire new have arrived - incidentally I shipped those crappy fake ones back to the seller today - and I can confirm that they are both official! :D

I got them from CPC for the price of £35.94 each with free postage.

http://cpc.farnell.com/nintendo/2310866/wii-u-pro-controller-black/dp/SB05015

There are 22 left currently - I added loads to the basket to check their stock levels - and they are being sold 'Until stocks are exhausted' so now that I've confirmed that they are indeed genuine, I thought I'd share the link with you all seeing as they don't seem to be that widely known for selling videogame items but they are one of the largest suppliers of electrical items/replacement parts etc and they have a very good reputation. : peace:

It might still be just over £10 more than the HMV deal - I don't have any stores local to me - but it's still a good option for anyone who can't find a pro controller anywhere for a sub £40 price. :)

I'm just really pleased that I was able to get hold of two genuine boxed Pro Controllers in time, also 'Dayummmn! 'dat genuine new Pro Controller feeling!' :awesome:

Didn't see any Pro controllers when I went to HMV. They had a DSi for £29.99 which I was tempted to buy for no reason.

Didn't see any Pro controllers when I went to HMV. They had a DSi for £29.99 which I was tempted to buy for no reason.

Was that at the Metro Centre? I'm heading there tonight and was gonna pop in to see if they had any controllers.

It's a shame that these have gone so expensive because they really are pretty cheap feeling. Compared to something like the Gamecube controller, this feels like a complete afterthought and the button placement does not feel right at all.

That said, it's still preferable to the gamepad for a lot of games that don't need the screen.

Was that at the Metro Centre? I'm heading there tonight and was gonna pop in to see if they had any controllers.

Yep. Didn't see any but I didn't exactly look very hard so I might have missed them.

Yep. Didn't see any but I didn't exactly look very hard so I might have missed them.

Cheers. Saves me looking for one tonight. :D

Well the two Pro Controllers that I managed to acquire new have arrived - incidentally I shipped those crappy fake ones back to the seller today - and I can confirm that they are both official! :D

I got them from CPC for the price of £35.94 each with free postage.

http://cpc.farnell.com/nintendo/2310866/wii-u-pro-controller-black/dp/SB05015

There are 22 left currently - I added loads to the basket to check their stock levels - and they are being sold 'Until stocks are exhausted' so now that I've confirmed that they are indeed genuine, I thought I'd share the link with you all seeing as they don't seem to be that widely known for selling videogame items but they are one of the largest suppliers of electrical items/replacement parts etc and they have a very good reputation. : peace:

It might still be just over £10 more than the HMV deal - I don't have any stores local to me - but it's still a good option for anyone who can't find a pro controller anywhere for a sub £40 price. :)

I'm just really pleased that I was able to get hold of two genuine boxed Pro Controllers in time, also 'Dayummmn! 'dat genuine new Pro Controller feeling!' :awesome:

Thanks for sharing Sam.

I am desperate for one of these. Mike1988uk has a pro controller he picked up at launch and I had a hands on with it a few weeks ago. I was really impressed with it.

Only problem I have is... I have a basic Wii U so obviously it's white, and my OCD is kicking in and I really don't want a black pro controller. :shakehead

Play-Asia have the white pro controllers but they're under as 'ships in 1-5 days' as apposed to the black which is in stock.

I know it shouldn't matter, but I like everything to match!

WHAT TO DOOOOOOO.

Seriously tempted by the site you posted though! *Strokes beard

Dude.. IT MATTERS!

I almost feel sick when I have to plug a white nunchuk into my red Wii Remote :blank:

I was lucky enough to get a Wii U Pro Controller in ASDA last year for £20. I probably wouldn't have paid any more for it..

Thanks for sharing Sam.

I am desperate for one of these. Mike1988uk has a pro controller he picked up at launch and I had a hands on with it a few weeks ago. I was really impressed with it.

Only problem I have is... I have a basic Wii U so obviously it's white, and my OCD is kicking in and I really don't want a black pro controller. :shakehead

Play-Asia have the white pro controllers but they're under as 'ships in 1-5 days' as apposed to the black which is in stock.

WHAT TO DOOOOOOO.

Seriously tempted by the site you posted though! *Strokes beard

Well as it happens, as part of my Pro Controller buying spree I have ended up with one Official White Pro Controller which I bought from eBay in an auction for the sum of £36.56 including postage, it hasn't even arrived yet but it should do by tomorrow with any luck and I guess I could part with it for the price I paid for the pad plus the cost of sending it on to you first class recorded delivery so that it would arrive in time for launch day...

...if you're interested that is. ;)

Well as it happens, as part of my Pro Controller buying spree I have ended up with one Official White Pro Controller which I bought from eBay in an auction for the sum of £36.56 including postage, it hasn't even arrived yet but it should do by tomorrow with any luck and I guess I could part with it for the price I paid for the pad plus the cost of sending it on to you first class recorded delivery so that it would arrive in time for launch day...

...if you're interested that is. ;)

This is delicious to hear...

Only thing is... is it definitely official?! only because I looked on eBay myself and they've always looked a bit dodge!

But if it turns up and you it's official and you don't mind parting with it... then you've got yourself a deal my friend! And i'll love you (even more than I already do) forever for helping me out! :D

This is delicious to hear...

Only thing is... is it definitely official?! only because I looked on eBay myself and they've always looked a bit dodge!

But if it turns up and you it's official and you don't mind parting with it... then you've got yourself a deal my friend! And i'll love you (even more than I already do) forever for helping me out! :D

It's definitely official, I made sure that I didn't make the same mistake twice - initially I ordered three fake Pro Controllers (unbeknown to me) which have been sent back now - I checked the seller's feedback etc, turns out it has literally had one careful lady owner - judging by the user ID - who just happened to be selling their White Wii U in one auction and the pro controller in another. :)

Obviously just to make sure we'll wait until the controller actually arrives - which should be tomorrow - I'll confirm that it's official, check it charges/syncs/works, will PM to let you know and then we can take it from there hopefully. : peace:

Besides now that I have three working black pro controllers I suppose I don't really need the white pro controller but it was just one of those items that I thought to myself at the time, well if I can get it for less than £40 including postage - which I did - then it would be nice to have one of an alternate colour but I can see that your need is greater than mine - I'm a little OCD too so I understand - so I'm happy enough to sell you it. :D

It's definitely official, I made sure that I didn't make the same mistake twice - initially I ordered three fake Pro Controllers (unbeknown to me) which have been sent back now - I checked the seller's feedback etc, turns out it has literally had one careful lady owner - judging by the user ID - who just happened to be selling their White Wii U in one auction and the pro controller in another. :)

Obviously just to make sure we'll wait until the controller actually arrives - which should be tomorrow - I'll confirm that it's official, check it charges/syncs/works, will PM to let you know and then we can take it from there hopefully. : peace:

Besides now that I have three working black pro controllers I suppose I don't really need the white pro controller but it was just one of those items that I thought to myself at the time, well if I can get it for less than £40 including postage - which I did - then it would be nice to have one of an alternate colour but I can see that your need is greater than mine - I'm a little OCD too so I understand - so I'm happy enough to sell you it. :D

Ok cool!

Wowzers 3 fake ones?! :o

Yeah see what happens when it shows up. If it's in good condition and full working order etc then I'd definitely be interested! Is it boxed? No prob if not, just wondered!

Lemme know the deets tomorrow and we'll go from there! :)

Lemme know the deets tomorrow and we'll go from there! :)

You might want to just go ahead and order a black Pro Controller from CPC instead Aneres... it has arrived in shall we say, less than perfect condition. :(

The condition description was 'Used' but then the seller described it as being 'excellent' condition in the auction, I haven't even tried using it with my Wii U yet because there really is no point as here is a list of faults I've found just by extensively testing the sticks/buttons and seeing what it takes to get the lights to blink, so far I've found...

Left stick non-clickable

Left Bumper partially broken

A, B and Minus button only work when pressed hard

Home button is slightly harder to press than normal

So I just thought I'd let you know to save you waiting around, I'm now going to contact the seller - who apparently doesn't issue refunds - to see what can be arranged before I resort to the eBay money back guarantee. :indeed:

You might want to just go ahead and order a black Pro Controller from CPC instead Aneres... it has arrived in shall we say, less than perfect condition. :(

The condition description was 'Used' but then the seller described it as being 'excellent' condition in the auction, I haven't even tried using it with my Wii U yet because there really is no point as here is a list of faults I've found just by extensively testing the sticks/buttons and seeing what it takes to get the lights to blink, so far I've found...

Left stick non-clickable

So I just thought I'd let you know to save you waiting around, I'm now going to contact the seller - who apparently doesn't issue refunds - to see what can be arranged before I resort to the eBay money back guarantee. :indeed:

That's disgraceful. I hate people like that, "excellent condition" my @rse! I hope you leave them the worst feedback and they better give you a refund. What the hell were they doing to the controller that it's in bits?

That's disgraceful. I hate people like that, "excellent condition" my @rse! I hope you leave them the worst feedback and they better give you a refund. What the hell were they doing to the controller that it's in bits?

It's been sorted, the controller wasn't exactly 'in bits' but the left bumper and left trigger definitely felt broken at the very least, it seems to have been a - potentially - 'honest mistake' by the seller as they don't seem to sell anything game related normally as they have 100% positive feedback and I'm not about to go and ruin that for them - likewise I wouldn't want my feedback record tarnished in retaliation either - besides they were very accommodating offering me a full refund (inc postage) plus a refund for the return postage as well, it's in the post now. : peace:

But yes, still annoying even so. :indeed:

Anyway I seem to have enough Pro Controllers for my needs now in any case so it's fine :) though it's a shame that the pad wasn't almost new otherwise I would have sent it on to @Aneres11 instead but I wouldn't ever dream of selling anyone a broken Nintendo controller. :shakehead

Still it does indeed make me wonder though, just how did the controller manage to get that damaged in the first place, they are still pretty well made despite some claiming that they are 'cheap' feeling - personally I think they are solid - it's simply beyond me. :confused:

Left stick non-clickable

Wow Sam that sucks! :(

I have had the same thing happen to me with eBay before. That's why when I sell something, I take pictures of any problems with the item - scratches, bumps etc. The person who sold it clearly didn't do that which is massively annoying!

Anyway I digress.

Thank you for thinking of me though! : peace: Had it have been working and in good condition I'd have snatched your hand off!

I will go back to the drawing board and continue my hunt for a white pro controller!

I don't mind hanging on for one but I just need one in time for the league ideally. Or maybe the fact I wont have one could be my excuse for potential poor results... :laughing:

EDIT

Very.co.uk have pro controllers back in (black, obvs) and they're £39.

http://www.very.co.uk/nintendo-wii-u-black-pro-controller/1169128697.prd?_requestid=104483

I have a Very account so might order. However, just seen that the white pro controller on Play-asia has moved from 1-5 days for despatch to 48 hours...

Think I'm gonna plump for a Play-Asia one so I will have the colour I want!

Edited by Aneres11
Automerged Doublepost

Am I missing something? Are the Wii U Pro Controllers really that rare? Amazon have them for £40...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-Wii-Pro-Controller-Black/dp/B009ACALCQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1401316802&sr=8-1&keywords=wii+u+pro+controller

Yes they really are that rare but at least they have their priorities right and have released plenty of new editions of the Wii remote. There's literally nowhere in Ireland selling them. I've seen people advertising here asking to buy one secondhand.

peach_yoshi_wii_remote_plus.jpg

Well just because you know the masses aren't confused enough as it is. You'll notice the Pro controller, their new, next gen controller doesn't feature in many if any ads. It's not in the MK8 ads that's for sure, plenty of multi coloured Wii remotes though.