NEurope
Zechs Merquise

Wii U and 3DS Gaming Bargains

Yeah, I really despise that kind of thing. It has basically robbed a lot of people of the chance of picking it up.

...Or gives gamers more opportunity to play it now that eBay is flooded with copies? Not everyone who is in the market for a copy of Xenoblade would know about this deal. You could perceive that those who scalped copies off eBay are doing some good. It's win/win. We get a bit of extra cash and the gamer pays the price they want on eBay for the game they really want.

There isn't much difference in this example to a retailer getting something cheaper (let's call it something legit like, at 'trade price’ for buying in large qualities or from a specific dealer), only to sell it on to a consumer at a profit.

When something like this is in short supply and it is a highly sought after game, I feel it's pretty poor form to go and buy them all up to horde and sell. I'm allowed an opinion on that.

Buying four copies is simply unnecessary. Two, well I can see why people would maybe get an extra to keep sealed, but buying up every last copy in each store you visit simply denies other gamers who might go in there the chance to play a quality game that is sadly in short supply.

It's no better than buying up tickets to events then trying to scalp fans outside the venue.

Buying four copies is simply unnecessary.

That's not true. He can make a nice profit, then buy himself something nice.

Considering it seems Wii is always getting gypped on game-related bargains that we're getting on our side of the water, I don't think I'm going to begrudge him too much for this :P

(tho a little, i was hoping i might get a cheapo controller from it but alas, i snoozed and losed)

Good on you, Wii. Though I am mighty jealous :P Still didn't manage to get one for myself and a quick check shows all stores around me are OUT.

I'm also not quite as tempted now it's £25. I only really wanted it for the controller. I mean, I know it's meant to be a great game, but JRPG's really aren't my thing!

Considering it seems Wii is always getting gypped on game-related bargains that we're getting on our side of the water, I don't think I'm going to begrudge him too much for this :P

(tho a little, i was hoping i might get a cheapo controller from it but alas, i snoozed and losed)

Yeah, the controller was the only reason why I got the bundle as I already have the game. It will go nicely with my red Wiimote. :D

To be fair, if he sells them at £40 then he's not ripping anyone off, since that's what they're actually worth. The saving passes on to him since he got them cheaper than they should be.

You know what, you're right. I can't remember the last time I got a bargain. I wanted this Collectors Edition since launch but nowhere sold it. So when it came up I tried to make the most of it. I had to do a lot of travelling for these and put a bit of effort into getting these and if I really wanted probably could have bought double. It just worked out that both stores had 2 copies left each. Even yesterday there were still a couple to be bought in a few stores if people really wanted them. In Ireland alone there was at least 100 for sale. Sure even Argos quickly put up the price on this when it's meant to be on sale after they noticed it's popularity. Haven't seen them do that with Kirby's Epic Yarn or Skyward Sword.

Edited by Wii

We all need to leave this alone before the purchase police take over! ;)

Have people eaten too many sour grapes that they can't see another fellow forumite enjoy the sunshine once in a while?

I'm glad you got four @Wii - good for you! You took the time to plan it and it cost you your time and your petrol money. You paid a price to get the items. It's not often gamers get great bargains like this. It's hardly an injustice if the games will end up being enjoyed by someone and you seem ,like the kind of guy who would make a nice profit and enjoy more games from the cash raised.

Well maybe it's just because I was one of the people just trying to get one.

Especially as it seems Wii already had the game.

We all need to leave this alone before the purchase police take over! ;)

Have people eaten too many sour grapes that they can't see another fellow forumite enjoy the sunshine once in a while?

I'm glad you got four @Wii - good for you! You took the time to plan it and it cost you your time and your petrol money. You paid a price to get the items. It's not often gamers get great bargains like this. It's hardly an injustice if the games will end up being enjoyed by someone and you seem ,like the kind of guy who would make a nice profit and enjoy more games from the cash raised.

Thank you. I did make an effort and if and/or when I do sell the other 2 I'd like to cover my costs for the 4 and absolutely, any profits I made would be put towards buying more games. If you look at Ebay it's already had an affect of reducing its price which I said before is a good thing.

Well maybe it's just because I was one of the people just trying to get one.

Especially as it seems Wii already had the game.

You wouldn't have been able to buy any from Ireland. I did have the game but not the Collectors Edition : peace:

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

It's a difficult one, this one. Whilst I'm happy for a fellow brah to get a hold of the game (it's the greatest of all time, obviously), I do see the other argument over it being a bit unfair on people who are trying to get the game but find that it's gone. I've had too many experiences in the past where concert/gig tickets that I've wanted have been sold out, but you pop onto ebay and find that dozens or so are up there by people who want to make a hefty profit. In that sense, it's a bit of a dick move.

What you should do is clone yourself, enough of you to enjoy all four copies of the game. That way, you will bring more happiness to the world. The game is amazing.

@Wii are you selling the game from the opened collectors edition?

I can understand both sides to this argument, but i don't mind people buying a 2nd copy to sell to make your own purchase essentially free, i've done it with limited edition things like Action figures and status before, bought 2 one to keep and one to sell to offset the cost of my own purchase, mainly on things i import as they are obviously rare

but as someone who couldn't get xenoblade i can see how annoying it was

now if he'd bought 20 copies then fair does get out the shotgun and give him both barrels but buying an extra one for each copy he's keeping to ofset the cost isn't too much of an ask....

he also never said he'd sell them at profit, or that he wouldn't sell them to members on here....

@Wii are you selling the game from the opened collectors edition?

I can understand both sides to this argument, but i don't mind people buying a 2nd copy to sell to make your own purchase essentially free, i've done it with limited edition things like Action figures and status before, bought 2 one to keep and one to sell to offset the cost of my own purchase, mainly on things i import as they are obviously rare

but as someone who couldn't get xenoblade i can see how annoying it was

now if he'd bought 20 copies then fair does get out the shotgun and give him both barrels but buying an extra one for each copy he's keeping to ofset the cost isn't too much of an ask....

he also never said he'd sell them at profit, or that he wouldn't sell them to members on here....

I haven't opened any of them. I do have a copy of Xenoblade with unused VIP points but I still haven't finished the game. I'm right near the end, a point where there's no turning back. I left it there, keep meaning to go back to it but I don't want it to end. I'm kind of thinking I'll be lost when I ever do restart.

I haven't opened any of them. I do have a copy of Xenoblade with unused VIP points but I still haven't finished the game. I'm right near the end, a point where there's no turning back. I left it there, keep meaning to go back to it but I don't want it to end. I'm kind of thinking I'll be lost when I ever do restart.

I was getting to that point. I couldn't bring myself to let it all be over. I might see if I can run through it on a hack(cos it is looongtings) just to get back to where I was before, then try and resume my original. I'm not sure I'll go back into it again otherwise.

Two things stop that controller from being hnnnggggggg.

1. Move the analogues to the Pro Controller position for great justice.

2. Needs to be wireless.

Stronly disagree with 1.

Dpad in any position but that one isn't functional, where as the analogs work just fine where they are.

It does need better triggers and non-octogonal analogs, though.

And yeah... wireless.

And to think I paid nearly double and it came with NINTENDO LAND of all things instead. Man, I was stupid to buy on day one :p

at that price i cannot refuse! that leaves only DK:TF left for me to buy until Mario Kart......YAY

wait :(