NEurope
-Dem0-

Mighty No. 9

Mighty Mini-(MEGA!) Update: New Beta Stage! Voice Vote Winner! And ???

Mighty Beckers, assemble!

We interrupt your regularly-scheduled 9th, 19th, and 29th updates with three new bits of Mighty exciting news that was just too good to wait. And speaking of threes, let’s start there:

NEW BETA LEVEL: MIGHTY NO. 3!

Beta Beckers: you’ve conquered the armies of No. 5’s military base and slid through the chilling paths of No. 2’s watery lair. Now get ready for your biggest challenge yet, as the beta is updated with its third (and final) stage: a power plant run amok, featuring the electrifying Mighty No. 3!

If you thought Mighty No. 9 was hard before, get ready to send controllers flying as you navigate all the pitfalls of this fan-favorite boss’ shocking stage!

As always, please send any and all feedback to [email protected], subject line “Beta Feedback”. Otherwise, we hope you enjoy the new content!

And speaking of new content...

YOUR “VOICE” HAS BEEN HEARD!

We’ve been seeing great discussions all over our forums, twitter feed and Facebook for the past week, all focused on a single burning question: English or Japanese? Which language will all the voice acting be in for Mighty No. 9?!

The response has been amazing: over 20,000 of you weighed in with your choice over the last few days, and now we’re finally back with your decision:

Mighty No. 9 will include English voice acting!

You might be thinking “Well DUH! Of course it’s English -- the largest majority of Mighty No. 9 backers speak English!” And sure, you’d be right, but you’d be surprised how close the vote was -- less than 1,000 votes separated the two choices, from the start right down to the end!

So a HUGE thanks to ALL of you for helping us make Mighty No. 9 a better game, with special thanks to our slacker backers and beckers who upped their reward tiers, since it’s their purchases that will make this bonus content possible and guarantees it for all our backers! You guys & gals are the best! ( ̄^ ̄)ゞ

And for anyone else still considering slacker backing, keep an eye out for our next extra bonus content possibility! We’ll have more details soon...speaking of which...

...What’s this?

...Hmmm, wonder what that was all about? :) Until next update!

-The Mighty No. 9 Team

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9/posts/1017021

Mighty No.9 will release in Europe on September 18th. You will be able to purchase the game either physically or digitally. The company has also revealed that the DLC for Mighty No.9 will feature a new stage and will also unlock Ray. If you buy the game physically you will get the DLC and Kickstarter backers will get it for free. The Nintendo 3DS version will be released at a later date.

I really think this game is gonna suck. Want to be wrong so badly.

I really think this game is gonna suck. Want to be wrong so badly.

Same here. I've got a bad feeling about this one.

Seemed great at first, but everything since has rubbed me the wrong way...

Figured I would put this extra bit of news here as I don't think there is a dedicated thread in the Other Console board. The PS4 version will be crossbuy, even if you buy the retail version of the game.

18232236580_4d52226e40_b.jpg

Gameplay wise this should be great, but I'm not a fan of the art style or character designs at all. I find both pretty ugly actually, especially the characters.

Yeah have to agree. Watched the trailer yesterday and was completely unimpressed by the character design and use of 2.5D. The lead character looks like someone you wouldn't want to play as.

When you compare it to how this game was first presented on kickstarter it's quite a visual contrast. I'd be surprised if many backers wanted the game to end up looking like this, and how many actually want to play it as much now.

It seems Wii U owners have once again been excluded from the pack, with publisher Deep Silver revealing the recently announced US-only signature edition of Mighty No. 9 will only be made available to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One owners.

The collectors edition deal – including a physical copy of the game, DLC, a foil signature and a posable Beck statue – was confirmed as coming exclusively to rival platforms via Twitter.

This thread hasn't seen much interest for a while. I thought I'd revive it with the news of a further delay:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-01-25-shock-horror-mighty-no-9-delayed-again

This time caused by problems with the online mode.

I've watched a few videos of this and I was quite excited by the concept of a new up-to-date Mega Man style game, but so far the game play looks very boring and seems to look more like a fan made affair than a labour of love by the creator of Mega Man. I'll be very interested to read the reviews on this one!

Another delay!

I'll definitely get it when it eventually comes out but I have to say the art style is really off-putting, it looks very cheap.

I see the reviews are now out for the game and it comes as no surprise to see that the game looks to be pretty dire.

Baffling how a game had so much goodwill and positivity around it, only to flush it all down the toilet. Shame.

Baffling how a game had so much goodwill and positivity around it, only to flush it all down the toilet. Shame.

Yeah, this is really a sad state of affairs. At a certain point during development, it became apparent that this was going to be a big misstep.

I feel sorry for the backers really, they deserved better than this.

I'm a huge Megaman fan but I'd decided against buying this game even before the reviews. I just don't think it looks particularly fun? Visually looks like a very cheap iOS game too, which is a huge turn on. No idea where all that money went.

I'm a huge Megaman fan but I'd decided against buying this game even before the reviews. I just don't think it looks particularly fun? Visually looks like a very cheap iOS game too, which is a huge turn on. No idea where all that money went.

Indeed. Didn't it make around 4 million?

Like yourself I'm a huge Mega Man fan and was hoping this would make for a nice substitute. Guess we will have to twiddle our thumbs until Capcom get their fingers out. :(

I can't get over how ugly it looks. Those explosions especially.

I can't get over how ugly it looks. Those explosions especially.

OH! Someone mentioned the explosions! You bought this upon yourself...

Super budget explosions GO!

UZMcf7B.gif

4 million dollar budget, guys...