NEurope
Daft

The Order: 1886

Yikes at some of the review scores.

Another 1st party PS4 exclusive failing to hit a home run.

The length and the lack any kind of replay value seem to be the biggest issues. Having to pay £50 for a 5-6 hours campaign is shocking. I still want to play the game but I'll certainly be waiting until it has dropped to around the £20 mark.

Dis game done bomba by the looks of things.

I think it will still do ok. The game will probably appeal to the mass market shooter crowd. It wouldn't surpise me to see it in the top 5 next week in the UK charts.

I think it will still do ok. The game will probably appeal to the mass market shooter crowd. It wouldn't surpise me to see it in the top 5 next week in the UK charts.

No doubt but I think was expected to be a multi million seller but would be shocked if that happens when the reviews have been so brutal.

Another exclusive being a huge disappointment. It's so depressing. When's Uncharted out? Be interested to hear what people here think of the game, I'm sure it'll be in the bargain bins pretty quickly so may get it further down the line. Despite its success, I'm still waiting for the PS4 to kick in... Though with the success maybe Sony are less bothered about world class exclusives...

Damn...those reviews :shakehead

Appears to be a shitty game then. 10/10 would not buy.

Well, Bloodborne is gonna be the exclusive anyway :p

Still...PS4 needs more, or rather one HUGE exclusive

Looking back through the topic, some people got pissed off when others were suggesting the game as we saw it looked pretty but shallow; saying that we shouldn't prejudge and whatnot.

Looks like we can prejudge away, as we all judged correctly. :heh:

Another exclusive being a huge disappointment. It's so depressing. When's Uncharted out? Be interested to hear what people here think of the game, I'm sure it'll be in the bargain bins pretty quickly so may get it further down the line. Despite its success, I'm still waiting for the PS4 to kick in... Though with the success maybe Sony are less bothered about world class exclusives...

Here's the token post we all knew would happen.

Chill aaaht man. Sony's got UC4, Persona 5, Bloodborne and No Man's Sky coming, Nintendo's got Xenoblade, Zelda, Splatoon, and Starfox coming. The future of all gaming is bright. :awesome:

Edited by Sheikah
Automerged Doublepost

I do wonder why Sony's 1st and 2nd party exclusives have all been pretty meh?

Is Drive Club the best game and that was plagued with all sorts of issues before that came into its own.

brutal reviews, i had good impressions originally.....thing is it looks like it would make an awesome movie or tv show...which seems to be the problem with a game

The general feeling is that the game is too short and lacks any draw to come back to it later. It stills seems like a good game with that in mind.

I'll do what I initially planned to do and will hold off until it's cheaper.

Would people have been happier if they added in tons of filler to get it to 20 hours when the game didn't really need it? It's story driven and seemingly linear and there definitely is a place for these types of games. They perhaps should have priced it lower right from the off and that would have added as some sort of incentive for those on the fence who did want to buy it but wouldn't pay full whack for it. I'd fall into that category.

I have to say that the music is lovely, mind. I had the soundtrack on spotify all day yesterday and love it. The visuals are first class. I like what I've seen of it. As soon as the price comes down, I'm on it. £25 is my magic number.

I keep hearing people throw around the fact that the game is super short but that's not really what the reviewers are condemning. Read the snippets on gaf http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=995216

The Order is a middling experience with a couple of bright flashes that only serve to remind you that this could be a more interesting game if more of its ideas were fully formed.
The Order: 1886 doesn't feel like the product of someone's grand vision; it feels like the tatters of that vision have been gathered, taped together, and presented as complete. The best I can say of it is that its premise is just novel enough to feel wasted. As I played, I kept wishing for some hint of inspiration, a dash of spirit to warm me against the chilly downpour of mediocrity. I found none

This is why I can't be bothered with complaints about a game's length - I'll happily pay full wack for a 5-hour campaign if it's five hours worth playing (which this apparently isn't). I don't think anyone of us have ever played a bad or middling game and wished it was longer.

Looking back through the topic, some people got pissed off when others were suggesting the game as we saw it looked pretty but shallow; saying that we shouldn't prejudge and whatnot.

Looks like we can prejudge away, as we all judged correctly. :heh:

Here's the token post we all knew would happen.

Chill aaaht man. Sony's got UC4, Persona 5, Bloodborne and No Man's Sky coming, Nintendo's got Xenoblade, Zelda, Splatoon, and Starfox coming. The future of all gaming is bright. :awesome:

Forgot about No Man's Sky! When's that out?

I'm having a kid in June so I'll busy until the Autumn anyway and I'll catch up on the 100+ games I have on various systems in the mean time ready for a killer autumn!! Is Uncharted THIS year?

Supposedly so, yeah. UC4, Bloodborne, No Man's Sky all this year, Persona 5 out this year in Japan (I'm guessing early next for over here though).

I'm also really excited for Witcher 3, whatever Bethesda are gonna announce soon and Kingdom Come: Deliverance.

Has anyone here actually played this yet?

I forgot I had the special edition pre-ordered and it's currently on it's way to me. I paid £72 for the SE which I'm feeling is way too much so I'm going to return it if it's not worth playing.

Forgot about No Man's Sky! When's that out?

I'm having a kid in June so I'll busy until the Autumn 2033 anyway

Corrected ;)

And No Man's Sky has been rumoured for Q3. I'm expecting a release for that around Sept/Oct.

Has anyone here actually played this yet?

I forgot I had the special edition pre-ordered and it's currently on it's way to me. I paid £72 for the SE which I'm feeling is way too much so I'm going to return it if it's not worth playing.

I've not played it yet, my copy arrived this afternoon. I promised myself i wouldn't play it until i finish off First Light, which i plan to do over the weekend.

I recall the few of us whom played "Murdered: Soul Suspect" thought it was decent, but needed to utilize it's ideas more. Reviews are saying that it needed to bring it's ideas out more, which is basically what Murdered is and was.

Visuals are outstanding, controls are tight and responsive. The gunplay is nice and punchy. Movement speed increases when in combat by a decent amount. First impressions are positive.

Just got done with a solid hour and a half of the game and my first impressions are very positive. The game oozes atmosphere, art direction is outstanding, the visuals as a whole are probably the best I've even seen on any format. Twice during my first time playing it now I've waited for a cutscene to end when it already has. These visuals are unreal, the indoors especially are beautiful.

The gunplay is responsive, has a nice feel to it with the right amount of recoil. The cover system is snappy and does the job just fine, maybe some slight issues going around corners when you have to hold a button in. The QTE's that I experienced during the opening 15 or so minutes were handled well enough. AI might become an issue, hard to tell so early in the game but they seem slow to get into cover. Level layout for the gun battles I had were done quite well with a decent amount of room to move around and flank.

The story hasn't really gotten started but it seems like it might be interesting. I had no idea it was connected to the

Arthurian

Legend. The character have the most glorious facial hair and the are all well acted. A lot of effort has gone into the presentation of the game.

Soooooo, so far so good but I'm not far into it and well it could go well and truly tits up.

Some none spoiler images but believe me they do not do the game justice.

iw7RI0TGI0oNz.jpg

ibwhfEcnkgfmaM.jpg

i1CBdRzANEioD.jpg

ip3ytymlCzqrz.jpg

iFPtiO5DVoHm6.jpg

A brief update, the game is definitely slow paced so if that isn't your kind of thing then this game is not for you and some cutscenes would benefit from a slighting trimming but overall I'm still really enjoying this game.

I've upload two short videos, the second however is spoiler territory so watch at your own risk.

I think the game keeps getting better the further I get into it but like said and I mean this it is a really slow paced game, if you cant stomach a game like that then it might not be for you.

A brief update, the game is definitely slow paced so if that isn't your kind of thing then this game is not for you and some cutscenes would benefit from a slighting trimming but overall I'm still really enjoying this game.

I've upload two short videos, the second however is spoiler territory so watch at your own risk.

Fuaaark, that first clip looks unreal. Are the graphics as good as they're being touted?

How are you finding the game structure, cut scenes and length, @bryanee? Every time I'm on the PS4, you seem to be on this game.