NEurope
Daft

The Order: 1886

The real crime of this game is that Patrick Stewart doesnt seem to be voicing any characters. Everytime a new character comes on screen I keep expecting his voice lol

Fuaaark, that first clip looks unreal. Are the graphics as good as they're being touted?

How are you finding the game structure, cut scenes and length, @bryanee? Every time I'm on the PS4, you seem to be on this game.

Cutscenes can be lengthy there is no denying that and for some they might just be abit too much (they're not MGS length). But they are so well acted with the best lip synching and amazing animation I cant just help but sit back and watch. The tone of the story is very much like that show Penny Dreadful if you have ever seen it.

The games structure is like and odd mish mash of Gears of War, Heavy Rain and a Telltale game but without the choice making.

As for the overall length of the game I cant really say. I haven't finished it yet but I do think it'll be around 9 or 10 hours for me. Just like I did with The Last of Us I cant help but walk around and marvel at the visuals which are by far the best I have ever seen. They are fucking CG quality mate, its unreal. I said it before but on more than one occasion I've been waiting for the cutscene to end when it already has. Wth every other game there is an obvious cut from the cutscene to the gameplay and a somewhat downgrade in the visuals but with this its all the same graphics and seamless. The attention to detail is astounding. One odd negative though erm character models don't have reflections in mirrors

I don't see any other game this year beating this when it comes to the visuals. Not even Uncharted 4. Its not going to be a game for everyone but I do suggest people give it a chance if not now but when its cheaper if you don't want to risk it. Its worth a few quid just to see the visuals, detail and general over all quality of the presentation on a big screen which I know is very graphics whore of me.

EDIT -------------------------

Another video, this time of chapter 11. No story spoilers just location/level.

Edited by bryanee
Automerged Doublepost

Just finished it. Its solid 7.5/10, a good game held back by a few things. It took me around 9 hours give or take a few minutes to finish it on normal.

The stealth stuff whilst not bad it wasn't good either, maybe a little more time on that to tighten it up. The cover system was serviceable but after the dynamic cover systems in TLoU and TR its hard to go back to a system that glues you to an object. The gunplay is nice and punchy with some damn fine weapons to use. The Lycans are however abit of a disappointment, not used to their full potential at all.

Visually the game is by far the best there has been and art direction is fantastic. In fact the presentation taken as a whole is outstanding, the visuals, the fantastic OST, sound effects, good story and excellent voice acting elevate the game. The ending however whilst fine is not how you end a story, it feels a little unresolved. The whole game oozes atmosphere.

For their first original effort on the PS4 RaD have done good work and have laid the foundation for a fantastic sequel which I hope they get to make because I adore the world they have built.

Yeah I've heard the story ends quite abruptly, which can only be a good thing in that there's a sequel planned. Enter The Order 1887!

I got this on release, and completed it a few hours ago. The reviews are definitely far too harsh, this game is great. Definitely a solid 7.5/8 out of 10! It's a unique experience, and worth a playthrough. Although the length is a bit too short for my liking, so I'd suggest picking this up after a price drop.

The real crime of this game is that Patrick Stewart doesnt seem to be voicing any characters. Everytime a new character comes on screen I keep expecting his voice lol

Haha, so it wasn't just me thinking this, then? I was surprised he wasn't in it. Maybe in a potential sequel?

Yeah I've heard the story ends quite abruptly, which can only be a good thing in that there's a sequel planned. Enter The Order 1887!

It certainly leaves it open enough for a sequel, although the bad reception makes me worry that there won't be one. I hope it does happen, it truly deserves a second title, Ready At Dawn have created an amazing world!

Just completed the game, I'd say it took me around 7 hours.

Im a bit torn about the game to be honest. I did enjoy a lot of it but it kind of felt like there was a good game hidden inside somewhere but there were too many issues to ignore. My main problem was the story. It was almost like the dev thought up this whole backstory and world but then forgot to include loads of it. I spent a lot of time having no idea why I was doing what I was doing which is a shame as I really liked the characters and found the world intriguing.

...Also, fuck forced stealth sections with automatic fails!

Still though, its a gorgeous game. Not sure I've actually seen better. If a sequel does get made then I would be interested to play it. Hopefully they take on board a lot of the complaints.

Played about an hour of this so far and it's not all bad. Yes the gameplay is pretty non existent but the game is gorgeous. Personally I can't tell the different between a cut scene and actual gameplay. Impressive stuff.

Let's see how I find the rest of it!

Played about an hour or so, it's not as bad as the reviewers are saying it is. Looks absolutely fantastic, if this is how games look on the PS4 this early into it's life then i cannot wait to see what they'll be like once the devs utilize the full potential.

Anyone else spot this, or was it just me. Not putting it in spoiler tags, doesn't spoil the game

11025847_670563969719360_5009319562800430177_o_zpsi0gatclt.jpg

Completed this yesterday. I really enjoyed it. The way it was promoted has done it no favors, it's closer to Heavy Rain than Gears of War. The story is good and it's built a good world.

Gotta say I enjoyed this too. Finished it on the weekend and it may not be super long but enjoyed it while it lasted. Graphics are amazing and genuinely couldn't tell the difference between cut scene and game play.

Nowhere near as bad as reviewers made it out to be.

I put this on for half an hour yesterday. I wasn't really wanting to start it yet but there's so many podcasts talking about it at the moment that i've had to switch them off due to story spoilers being talked about. Sadly I have a couple of complaints already.

I always like to have subtitles on when playing a game so I switched them on before starting the game. I was surprised to see just how small the writing was on the screen. It's absolutely tiny. I tried to find a setting to change them but there wasn't one to be found.

The second issue I have is with the tutorials. They pop up on the right side of the screen but half of the writing is missing. Again, I went to the settings but couldn't find anything to fix it. I assume this is a TV ratio thing?

It's not all bad though as the graphics are stunning.

Just got the platinum after doing a 7 hour session on it. I thought the game was great. I loved the story and characters of the game and the production values were few the roof. There were times I needed to move the character but thought I was still watching a cutscene!

The game has set the scene for a sequel and I hope RAD get the opportunity to expand on the world that they've created.

I think the game is very much like Ryse on the XBO. Great production values, interesting setting, characters and story, got panned by reviews but I loved it, just like The Order.

I loved the story and characters of the game and the production values were few the roof.

The production values were few the roof.

few the roof

few the roof.

84245264.gif

Glad to see you enjoyed eet, brah. I want it. As soon as eet hits £25, I'm on it. Magic number.

Is the soundtrack immense? It is, isn't it? I mean, it isn't Cheryl Cole, but it's great, right? ;)

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

Few the roof! Lol guess I've been hanging around Dazzybee too much. :)

Yeah, the soundtrack was awesome. I played most the game with a headset on and it was immense.

I forgot to mention yesterday how great it was to see some Geordie representation in this game. Granted, the part was very small ( just a standard enemy ) but I was loving it when I heard the North Eastern accent.

Someone has even recorded that section and stuck it on YouTube. :D

Edited by Hero-of-Time

And that's The Order completed. No idea what the reviewers were talking about, it's quite a good game. Graphically, it looks great. Great soundtrack to it as well. Length-wise, it took me 8 1/2 hours over 3 sessions to do it. Not a long game, but certainly was worth playing for the experience.

Apart from that issue on length, i did notice a few more issues. Same as HoT, the tutorial text certainly didn't want to be changed. It cut 1/2 the wording off the screen sometimes, which i didn't like. They left no option to change the aspect ratio, which i didn't like. I didn't like a few other things as well, including the cover and stealth systems. Both needed more time to tighten up i thought, there were at times some frustrating moments but it was manageable.

Hopefully RaD get a chance to make a sequel, but who knows. It ended suddenly, but left it open for a sequel. I'd give it a solid 7.5 out of 10. Due to it's length, i'd wait for it to drop in price before buying.

I've borrowed this off a friend and am up to the third chapter. I love it! Looks absolutely wonderful. Few the roof - as @Hero\-of\-Time would say. :D

I really, really, reaaaaally like this game. The setting and characters have kept me hooked and it looks absolutely stunning. I only wish that this game had a photo mode because I keep finding awesome moments to take photos but wish that I could manipulate the angle, alter the colour tones, etc.

I've finished it! Posted about it already in the videogame diary thread, but I just want to say that this was a joy to go through and it didn't disappoint!

Basically, I loved it all. Excellent choice of setting, great characters and voice acting, epic soundtrack, the lot. I enjoyed the gun play and there was enough variation in what you had to do to keep it interesting. I don't really have any complaints with the length, tbh. A few more chapters would be nice as I couldn't get enough, but I think the story ended at the right time and they've left the door wide open for lots of other possibilities. I'd buy the next one, day one.

I posted loads of screen shots in the screen shot thread, and there they are again, spoilered of course. Game is beautiful and one of the best looking games that I've ever seen. Even Ine commented on how amazing it looked. Moaaaaar.

The_Order_1886_20150329232859.jpg - this screen shot took ages to get right and I only had seconds to do it. Best I could do. Tempted to replay the chapter to get a better shot.

The_Order_1886_20150329234923.jpg

The_Order_1886_20150329235718.jpg

The_Order_1886_20150330001921.jpg- hnnnnnngggg

The_Order_1886_20150330002009.jpg

The_Order_1886_20150330002102.jpg

The_Order_1886_20150330004016.jpg- I thought that this was cute.

The_Order_1886_20150330004156.jpg - how pretty...

The_Order_1886_20150330230120.jpg - hnnnnnggg

The_Order_1886_20150330231955.jpg - taking a breather

The_Order_1886_20150330235808.jpg - New Dawn Fades

The_Order_1886_20150331000008.jpg

The_Order_1886_20150401021642_1.jpg

The_Order_1886_20150401021648.jpg

The_Order_1886_20150401021732.jpg

The_Order_1886_20150401023424_1.jpg

The_Order_1886_20150401023434.jpg

The_Order_1886_20150401023512.jpg

This just got a photo mode update! @Fierce_LiNk

1098.gif

Edit: OH MY GOD

Dat reveal at the end.

200.gif

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

That's very cool. Can't wait to me with this when I eventually pick it up.

That's very cool. Can't wait to me with this when I eventually pick it up.

KINKY

k4st6.jpg

lol_george_takei.gif

Edited by Cookyman