NEurope
Daft

Rime

And yet Journey has been widely praised and received a lot of awards :indeed:

In Gone Home you only have walking around and very simple interactions with objects around you.

Doesn't stop it being one of the best game experiences in the last couple of years for me.

Was about to edit my post and add Gone Home. You were faster.

Agree. Incredible game.

I'll believe it has puzzles when I see them.

I don't understand this. Why do you not believe it will have puzzles until you see them? As if puzzles are an incredibly precious resource that would be difficult to put in.

Surely you realise that guessing the game will be nothing more than a walking simulator is stupid?

So lets see, we have basic climbing, basic swimming, walking/running and... err, what other gameplay?

Well it looks beautiful at least...

Don't worry there's an FPS section, Zombies and a Candy Crush clone in it later on.

Lack of gameplay details aside, this is still the PS4 game that currently interests me the most. Not sure if I'm liking the character design as much in the latest trailer, having seen them up close :hmm: but the environments look amazing.

Definitely seems like the kind of thing where exploration would be really enjoyable. :)

It looks beautiful and its quite obvious Wind Waker's style was the infulence for this game along with Journey and a couple of others no doubt....

I suspect combat might not be in this game for the very reason it would then just become pegged as a Wind Waker clone

thing is...i'd be totally okay with that :(

Looks amazing and even if it is just exploration/puzzles, that can work and we've seen many games work with little to no combat and only puzzles...many many many games are like that

It looks beautiful and its quite obvious Wind Waker's style was the infulence for this game along with Journey and a couple of others no doubt....

I suspect combat might not be in this game for the very reason it would then just become pegged as a Wind Waker clone

thing is...i'd be totally okay with that :(

Looks amazing and even if it is just exploration/puzzles, that can work and we've seen many games work with little to no combat and only puzzles...many many many games are like that

Ico is a good example of a game like that working very well (ok, it does have some very basic combat that the game goes out of its way to de-emphasise, but the puzzles/platforming is the main focus).

I'm not asking for combat, just... something other than walking/climbing! What's the point of having a massive world like this and then doing nothing with it!? It might as well be a glorified screensaver!

If I can get more or less the same experience by watching a video of the game, then there's no point in playing it. And nothing that has been shown about the game leads me to expect anything other than just that...

"Nothing that has been shown about the about the game leads me to expect anything other than just that..."

Well, it's a good job that most people here can see beyond the end of their nose.

Like I already said, I'm not sure why you think it will be nothing more than a walking simulator. If it was, nobody would buy it. Who would buy a game to simply walk around? Seems obvious they're selling people on the appearance and setting (which they rightly know looks amazing) before showing you what the actual purpose of the game is, even if the purpose turned out to be nothing more than what Gone Home is about.

In Gone Home you only have walking around and very simple interactions with objects around you.

All you do in P.T. is walk around and it made me shit my pants.

Ico is a good example of a game like that working very well (ok, it does have some very basic combat that the game goes out of its way to de-emphasise, but the puzzles/platforming is the main focus).

I'm not asking for combat, just... something other than walking/climbing! What's the point of having a massive world like this and then doing nothing with it!? It might as well be a glorified screensaver!

If I can get more or less the same experience by watching a video of the game, then there's no point in playing it. And nothing that has been shown about the game leads me to expect anything other than just that...

I can see where you are coming from, gameplay wise it does initially seem a bit barebones, but i think most of us are taking a leap of faith on this, we don't have a release date yet so there is plenty of time to give us further details

besides that all looked like a quest to get in that tower, which could just be the first chapter, in that tower it could have a dark atmosphere and combat, or lots of puzzles

I think the thing for me is this has a very Nintendo feel about it, it has the feel of the things i'm loosing from Nintendo itself - innovation on a software level not on a forced gimmick level

Still love my WiiU but i wish they'd drop trying to focus on that gamepad and just produce good games again and just implement basic touch functions/off TV play, they need lots of good games to breath life into the WiiU, not time spent trying to get a game that shows off the gamepad

Tbh I don't want combat in this game anyway.

I'd pay to just walk around and explore that stunning land! (with little achievement jingles popping up along the way)

Agree. Plus, when 90% of big games these days seem to involve going around killing people, it's always good to see a rare case where a game bucks the trend.

[tweet]710148808001376256[/tweet]

Looks like Sony may have ditched this one. The game must be in a bit of a state for this to happen.

[tweet]710148808001376256[/tweet]

Looks like Sony may have ditched this one. The game must be in a bit of a state for this to happen.

Deary me, it looked beautiful I must say, but I guess the gameplay was severely lacking..? ::shrug:

god damn! this was one of the games that made me want a PS4, i had such high hopes, now its likely to be hot garbage if it ever comes out

Wow, I really hope it will eventually see a release. Now it's possible it'll get a multiplatform release (or Microsoft will buy the rights).

Wow, I really hope it will eventually see a release. Now it's possible it'll get a multiplatform release (or Microsoft will buy the rights).

I was reading earlier that MS actually turned them down first and then they approached Sony. If it does eventually release it will probably be on every platform they can get it on.

I would love to know just what the hell happened during development.

Terrible news, one of the big reasons I was keen on a PS4 was because Rime looked so amazing. Wonder why the relationship with Playstation soured.

According to a rumour, Tequila Works actually don't have a game at all and the Rime trailers we saw were a cinematic not a gameplay.

According to a rumour, Tequila Works actually don't have a game at all and the Rime trailers we saw were a cinematic not a gameplay.

Yeah after 3/4 years if its still all bullshots then i'm not surprised Sony pulled the plug ::shrug:

Maybe they realised how Sony/Playstation disgracefully left Tearaway to die (not once but twice) and thought they're better off on other platforms.

Maybe they realised how Sony/Playstation disgracefully left Tearaway to die (not once but twice) and thought they're better off on other platforms.

...that's probably not it. ;)

This forum is like the Pokemon Red Safari Zone to you, isn't it?

Dat bait spreading.

I've heard that the guy involved with Rime was involved with the Castlevania: LoS fiasco? Real shame - looked stunning.

Sony shouldn't have given Tearaway the go ahead the first time, let alone TWICE. Seriously, what a rip, we got two great games because of their stupid decision. At least we only got two Gravity Rush games, too. Those non-FPS games, seriously, what do they think they're playing at? And the Puppeteer, no thanks. Should have been canned from the concept. Sickening.

My last post in here was in August 2014 and we've not really seen anything since then. It looked fantastic back then, but who knows what's gone on since then. It's disappointing, but not every game or film or whatever will live up to expectations. It may still come out on PS4 and be great, who knows. If it doesn't, then it'll be a shame.