NEurope
Haden

Xpert 11 Season 28: The Underground World

Round 7: Vilify don't even try.

RFC 3-0 DuDs Baggies

RFC took their A game to the Baggies with a comprehensive victory. RFC set up with a very attacking 3-4-3 against Baggies who tried to stop this onslaught with a 5-4-1 formation. Sadly for the Baggies this allowed RFC to dominate the game and Baggies had no chances during the entire 90 minutes. RFC scored after just 2 minutes as Normqvist toe poked home an inswinging corner to get his team off to a great start. With the amount of defenders and attackers in Baggies box corners and free kicks became chaotic and in the chaos produced by one such corner, Normqvist was again the poacher ready to stab home a 2nd. In the 2nd half RFC carried on with the pressure and Baggies conceded a free kick, These are always dangerous to give when Fosastti is playing and he blasted it in to make it 3-0. The game was at times scrappy as 5 yellow cards were handed out between the two teams. However RFC deserved this win and carry on their charge up the table looking at this point a sure bet to be promoted.

Fedex United 2-0 Dragooooo

Fedex did well against Dragooooo as they fielded a 4-3-3 formation against Dragoooos 4-5-1 packed midfield. The away side dominated the early going as they made 5 chances but captain Barculo was isolated up front and some fine saves by Armi kept him at bay. When Fedex finally got a chance they took it, Patton held up play wonderfully and drew defenders towards himself before flicking the ball up for Sanroman who smashed it in on the volley in what looked like a training ground manoeuvre. The 2nd half saw the away side freshen things up as three substitutions were made including Wielink coming off as well as the captain Barculo. However this did not help them and it looked to be Fedex who came out fresher with more chances being made. The game was won in injury time when Patton ghosted past a tired Dragooooo defence and won a one on one with the keeper to put the game beyond doubt. A great win for Fedex while Dragooooo will rue their wasted chances in the 1st half.

Hadens Rangers 3-1 Rossers Rovers

It was Rangers vs Rovers as these two sides clashed, Rangers set up with a 4-4-2 against Rovers 4-5-1. It was quite a slow game to get going as 3 yellow cards were handed out but then Rangers made the breakthrough as Burlett swung in a corner for Cahill to head home, Rangers had the momentum and Mallett first crossed in a ball for Mossley to head in and then powered home a long range effort of his own to basically kill the game off before half time. Both managers changed things up in the 2nd half and Rovers began to get more of the ball and some good clear chances, indeed they got a consolation as Davydov found the head of Kellhad to bring it back to 3-1. It was a comfortable win for Rangers while Rovers will have to brush themselves down and move on to the next game.

AC Elites 4-0 Winston Gardens

The Elites settled an old score as they destroyed Winston Gardens at home, both teams went for it in this game playing 3-5-2. Zell started the scoring with a header as he lay unmarked in Winston's box, Faketura who provided that goal was then set up by Pratchett who hit a precise pass to his feet that he smacked in. After the break both teams came out and the Elites did not let up, Bull swung in a corner that Pratchett tapped in, the Winston manager at this point was furious with his defence and the lack of a veteran goalie really seemed to be hurting the team. Winston did create some chances but Tinkle, Huber, Laborinho and Yun at the back for Elites were unshakeable. The game was finished when Pratchett found the head of Madpoo who nodded home. Elites were rampant while Winston will want to forget this game quickly a real mismatch today.

Leeds M.O.T 3-0 Coloccini FC

All the games this gameday finished with home victories and this one predictably did as well. Leeds set out with a balanced 4-4-2 formation against Coloccini who went with 4-5-1. Things started off badly for the away side as Largo charged into Coloccini defender Haslop who suffered badly in the collision, he had to be taken off after only 3 minutes of play. Leeds had control of the game but to give credit to Coloccini they limited the chances of the home side. However the defender Altug looked menacing down the wings and he provided for Howson who headed in the opener. Altug again troubled Coloccini who did not track him properly, he this time picked out Pispek who lashed home a great shot. In the 2nd half the game got rather messy with an injury and a couple of yellow cards. However Leeds maintained control throughout and gave their goal difference a boost as Pispek curled in another long range shot right at the death to give the home crowd something to cheer about.

Most Important Result: RFC 3-0 DuDs Baggies

Baggies suffer another important loss but even more significant is the march onwards of RFC, they get their 2nd important victory in a row against a top side.

Stylish Team: AC Elites

Great play by the Elites today, they made their former nightmare opponent look average and gave their home fans something to really enjoy watching.

Player of the round: Hamit Altug, Leeds M.O.T

A first Leeds player in this category, Altug was fantastic in defence making sure Coloccini did not get a real chance at goal but he also proved himself offensively setting up two goals, a great performance.

Results so far.

Important Results: Winston, Dragooooo, Dragoooo, Colocinni, Rangers, RFC, RFC

Style: DuD, Winston, RFC, RFC, Rovers, DuD, Elites,

Player: Winston, Winston, Rovers, Colocinni, Colocinni, Rovers, Leeds

All the leagues have really interesting battles in them this season.

Eights and Zell fought tooth and nail for 3 points today to keep themselves rather than Odwin and Nikos in the title hunt kudos again to Rowan for this season some great football being played.

RFC have lost some of their steam in the middle league with DuD and Ell chasing them down, I really need another victory but things took a good turn for Flinky and I both sitting pretty on 16 points lol.

In the lower league there are still I would say 7 promotion candidates! Insane!!

I said in a press release that I was hoping to get ten points from my last six games and as it turns out I got exactly ten.

That's the hard part of the season over. I now have arguably the easiest run-in til the end of the season. Now if someone could just beat Silverdale, that would be great.

Check out the Xpert 11 for the Lower League. Might as well just call it the bob 11 I say.

I said in a press release that I was hoping to get ten points from my last six games and as it turns out I got exactly ten.

That's the hard part of the season over. I now have arguably the easiest run-in til the end of the season. Now if someone could just beat Silverdale, that would be great.

I planned to have perfect symmetry and I have succeeded!

All the leagues have really interesting battles in them this season.

Eights and Zell fought tooth and nail for 3 points today to keep themselves rather than Odwin and Nikos in the title hunt kudos again to Rowan for this season some great football being played.

RFC have lost some of their steam in the middle league with DuD and Ell chasing them down, I really need another victory but things took a good turn for Flinky and I both sitting pretty on 16 points lol.

In the lower league there are still I would say 7 promotion candidates! Insane!!

And me and Atlético Aqui1a for the final relegation spot in the Elite League!

We've scored 17 goals in our last 3 games. That's more like it. The strikers are playing well and my midfield are coming up with the goods.

3 wins should see me stay up. I always think about 7 or 8 wins are usually enough to see you retain your league position.

Nightmare opponent next round. Battle of the Second Place as I see it. A loss and I fear it's a straight road for Rowan :(

Big big win today I think I need one more win and I will be safe for another season!

Lucky I have an easy game against that no hoper DuD next :heh:

:red:

Nightmare opponent next round. Battle of the Second Place as I see it. A loss and I fear it's a straight road for Rowan :(

Another draw, suck it!

Still a number of points below safety but I do have to play one of the bottom two clubs again. Going to be tight and will go down to the wire.

The top half of the lower league is pretty close. Although my goal difference isn't great (top three: 25, 23, 2).

I got a 3 star manager rating but I got the Xpert manager.

5 games left and its between Kippen (me), Atlético Aqui1a and Lylat Wanderers for the final relegation spot.

My final 5 games:

1) Lylat Wanderers (h) - win

2) Battlestar Odwinica (h) - draw

3) Atletico (a) - draw

4) Madpool (a) - win

5) Yellow Submarine (a) - lose

Total: 8 points

Atletico:

1) Silverdale (a) - lose

2) Lylat Wanderers (h) - win

3) Kippen (h) - draw

4) Yellow Sub (a) - lose

5) Eights Utd (a) - lose

Total: 4 points

Lylat Wanderers:

1) Kippen (a) - lose

2) Atletico (a) - lose

3) Yellow Sub (a) - lose

4) Eights (h) - lose

5) Intergalactico - lose

Total: 0 points

Final Table

6 - Atletico - 21

7 - Kippen - 21

8 - Lylat - 19

Lylat have a very hard season end and I think that could be my saving grace. My run in is probably the easiest as I only need to play 1 of the top 3.

Bugger.

I've just realised that a team full of Juans would have been much funnier.

@Charlie we'll see ;)

You lost your first 3 matches, then beat myself and Atletico... We will see ;)

New tactics page has been released... Looks cool, not sure how it performs yet.

What do we think about the new tactics screen?

Oh just seen Charlie's automerge :p I don't like the look of it myself but I'm sure I'll get used to it. Can always change it back anyway. It's handy having all that info on one page but it does make it look messy imo.

Form bars on the squad page are now a hideous shade of green. Do not like.

Edited by The Peeps

Love it. It literally has everything I want on one page instead of going here there and everywhere for it!

I am unsure at the moment I think it is really nice but really green! It does make it look a bit more modern.

The thing is though when I first saw it I loved it so much because I thought it meant the introduction of wingers! Sadly not :(

One major new thing is the scouting the opponent tab! Oh man will I be studying that for hours!

The scouting page is what I'm talking about... I used to search for all that info (I know, you can't tell from my results) before a game.

Now it's all in one convenient place.

Is this all VIP stuff? (I can't be bothered to check)

Only looked at it for a minute, but two things bother me. First, I have to look left, right, left, right and so on when deciding what players I want to use, it was easier when they were all cramped up together. Second, I can't see who is under training. Sometimes I have left a player on the bench as I know his training will be done after this and before the next match, meaning he can play a match with an upward facing arrow. Otherwise it's good I guess.

Is this all VIP stuff? (I can't be bothered to check)

No .

Yeah you can't see who is undergoing training and you can't see how many matches each player has played. It doesn't have absolutely everything but you're still navigating away less than you would have been before I think. It annoys me that you can't see who you have as captain, freekick taker or penalty taker.

It will obviously be whoever was at the top of the list but I noticed in the last few games that it wasn't working for me and just had the same player even though he wasn't top of the list. So I'm a bit nervous that it won't work but hopefully this update has corrected that issue anyway!

You can still change it back in the settings if you prefer the old way.

@bob you'll see when you set tactics again. Your squad page should also be showing the form in green instead of blue now.