NEurope
Haden

Xpert 11 Season 28: The Underground World

Happened to me before. Pissed me off.

I secured a great draw with Intergalactico today. Manager rating of 1 star. My highest this season is 2 I think. Oh well, the tactics are working for me.

But why? Is it a glitch? Feeling a bit meh because I should have done a lot better with all of that saved. Now I've got to pay for a shitload of form training after losing 4-1.

Recall and I are the only undefeated teams left in all three leagues! Tuesday will be a grudge match!

But why? Is it a glitch? Feeling a bit meh because I should have done a lot better with all of that saved. Now I've got to pay for a shitload of form training after losing 4-1.

It has happened to me before I am not sure why it happens. I always double check but you shouldn't have to its very annoying. Also it sucks for me as I am playing Rovers next and they will now have uber form :weep:

Really pleased with that win today the team is really starting to work together now. Only issue at the moment is discipline Conden is suspended and three others are a yellow card away.

Great times for the Example 3 out of 3 wins that alliance trophy is ours!

Reflecting on what has happened: Round 3

Rossers Rovers 2-0 DuDs Baggies

Rovers lined up against the former top league Baggies with a 4-4-2 formation while the Baggies opted for 3-5-2. Rovers just about edged control and this was confirmed when Davydov set up Urso to volley home a ball just past the grasp of the Baggies keeper. Things were quiet in the first half as both teams failed to make many clear cut chances. The second half started off very badly for Baggies as their iconic midfielder Dhall aggravated an old wound and had to come off the pitch. Again Rovers seemed to edge the midfield battle and on 65 minutes the manager revitalised his team with all 3 substitutions. The killer blow came right in the dying minutes as Urso was again found by Davydov and he curled home a beauty of a goal. The game was not a thriller but Rovers fans will be overjoyed they beat the cup winners, while Baggies will no doubt be disappointed by this result.

Dragooooo 5-1 Winston Gardens FC

An amazing result for Dragooooo as they thrashed former top leaguers Winston, both teams played with a 4-4-2 formation. Right from the outset the home side took control, Forsyth broke away from a failed Winston corner and sprinted half the pitch before rounding the goalie for an amazing solo effort. Moments later Velho hit in a shot from a corner. Winston desperately tried to calm the game down and the captain Rosebotham floated in a great free kick for Ingham to volley home. However just after this another Dragooooo corner caused mayhem as Forsyth toe poked the ball in for his 2nd. The Winston manager was furious and after the restart brought in veteran defender Egri however soon after Strindlov linked with Iacopino who scored with a header to make it 4-1. The home fans were chanting “We can score when we want” and just after Rosebotham had to leave the pitch with an injury Winston again conceded this time a blasted effort from Le Frapper. Sadly moments later the striker pulled up with a very painful looking injury, the only downside on a glorious day for Dragooooo.

RFC 4-1 Leeds M.O.T

RFC have been on fire recently and this was no exception playing with 3-5-2 against a 4-4-2 set up from Leeds they made 17 chances, amazing. The first actual goal was after 15 minutes as Weyermann lobbed in a ball for Taveira to head viscously into the back of the net. The Leeds captain Woodlands was injured soon after which was a real blow to the team. However it was briefly 1-1 as Mancebo hit it in for Carrero to score via a looping header. But it was another headed goal this time from Normqvist that made it 2-1. In the 2nd half RFC were ruthless having made 8 chances in the first half they made 9 in the 2nd, the poor youth defender Cole looked utterly out of his depth. The inevitable 3rd goal came when Fosatti hit a screamer of a free kick into the top left corner. RFC substituted 3 played on the 55th minute and Leeds soon after had earned a 4th yellow card as they tried to slow the game down with dirty play. The final goal was from a substitute as the young midfielder Leavou controlled a through ball from Waugh and nutmegged the goalie for his 1st goal this season. RFC fans were left very happy and Leeds fans were just glad they hadn't lost by more!

AC Elites 1-0 Hadens Rangers

This game was rather more interesting than it looks as both managers really tried to out-think the other. The Elites played 4-4-2 while Rangers went for a 4-5-1 formation to try and win the midfield battle. Both teams had a couple of chances in the first half but could not find a way to goal. The teams were playing very defensively and some crunching tackles were going in but the referee kept play flowing. Rangers in the 2nd half took off legend Astle while Elites brought on their midfield talisman Bull, they also strengthened their attack with Freund. Just before the end Rangers brought on a youth defender Somner, deep in injury time the substitute Freund swung in the ball for Bodin to rise above Somner and head the ball in to give the Elites a last second 3 points. This was a tactical battle that the Elites edged the re-match will be very interesting.

Fedex United 3-0 Coloccini FC

These lower league battles are always very important and it was Fedex who came out on top with a 4-3-3 formation against Coloccini who went for 5-4-1. Akerland was thinking of finding one of the three Fedex strikers with a pass but took his luck with a long shot that rattled in off the post for the opening goal. Fedex pressure paid moments later as Patton was felled in the box and chose to take his own penalty, he slammed it right down the middle for the goal. In the 2nd half the away side had obviously been given a talking to and came out fired up. However this took a very bad turn when midfielder Costa was sent off for a vicious tackle that left Fedex forward Platt unable to continue. The teams briefly clashed before cooler heads prevailed and it has to be said both captains on each side helped calm matters down. It made no difference to the game as Fedex cooled down the pace and seemed content to leave it at 2-0 until Saunders curled home a great long range shot. A good win for Fedex they will need more like these to survive.

Most Important Result: Dragooooo 5-1 Winston Gardens FC

Dragooooo again win this award as they trounce former top leaguers Winston in style.

Stylish Team: RFC

17 chances! RFC are fast becoming the neutrals favourite team in this division they match style with the ability to grind out results, today was simply their best ever performance and a joy to behold.

Player of the round: Aleksandr Davydov, Rossers Rovers

Davydov was great today, making two goals and helping Rovers be the more creative side with one less player than a strong Baggies team.

I thought I'd get a win today but a draw away from home is still good :)

Not happy about my defender being injured as I'm hoping to double jump him this season (he didn't raise last season) but he is my highest DV player at the moment on 13...

I will do a spotlight/alliance update tonight!

Lost my match, can't really believe it. I put out a strong team. The only thing I could have done would have been to choose my stronger keeper, but still can't believe I lost it. 7 chances, no goals, offensive, about 48% possession. Meh.

Expected defeat. Next up is an expected win thankfully.

I'm going to play my best because of that comment.

I'm going to play my best because of that comment.

Hit him where it hurts, brah. Play 1-2-7, the bob way.

Make sure you play long balls with wing plays and offside traps.

Alliances

The Example: 18

N-E Goal Trotters: 15

Team Awesome & Jimbob: 13

The Example - Intergalactico Stars, Hadens Rangers, The Sixty-Fourthers

Team Awesome & Jimbob - Kippen FC, Leeds M.O.T, Recall United

N-E Goal Trotters - Lylat Wanderers, Coloccini FC, bob

Spotlight

Last time the spotlight was on Eights United vs Battlestar Odwinica. The outcome was 3-1 to Eights with 7 chances in total (6-1).

The closest guess was Aqui1a with a guess of 3-1 and 6 chances total.

Standings

AC Elites: 1

Atlético Aqui1a: 1

The next spotlight is on Recall United vs AC Twozzinio. Please predict the outcome and how many players under 25 will be in the original line-ups (not counting subs).

Lol, in my inbox today...

Form Increase:- "After appearing on SOCCER AM, Nikos Papadopoulos's form is boosted not just by the appearance on the show but also by the advances of the show's soccerette for the day! Good Work Geezer!"

They're definitely adding some more interesting ones.

Beat danlovestrees quite comfortably in end which did surprise me!

Hit him where it hurts, brah. Play 1-2-7, the bob way.

WHO HAS BEEN LEAKING MY TACTICS REPORTS!?

10 under 25s and 2-1 to AC Twozzinio

Round 4: Do I Wanna know how I did?

Leeds M.O.T 1-1 AC Elites

Leeds battled for a hard earned draw against league favourites AC Elites. Leeds went for a possession orientated 3-5-2 formation against the Elites usual 4-4-2. The Elites despite being a man down in midfield held 60% possession throughout both halves. However it was Leeds who struck first as Carrero linked with club legend Mancebo who tucked a well placed shot past the Elites goalie. The fans cheered but just before half time Faketura found some space to head in an equaliser. Chances were kept down and Elites had more but led by Garner and a midfield who came back to help in times of attack Leeds held out. This was a tactical game and you feel a draw was probably the fair outcome.

DuDs Baggies 4-2 Dragooooo

Baggies were dominant in this game despite Dragooooo putting up one hell of a fight, the home side went for a 4-5-1 formation against Dragooooo's standard 4-4-2. Shearer has been in good form this season and he repaid his managers faith in him with the opening goal a great header from a Nixon cross. However on the counter Wielink fed the ball in for youth defender Roka to hit in off the post, this was Roka's first ever goal and he celebrated with the away fans. However it was not long before Shearer again brought the game back to the Baggies as he lost his marker and curled a long shot home. But moments later Baggies were again caught asleep as Velho hit a long ball that Barculo chested down and volleyed over a flailing keeper. The drama simply did not stop as Baggies pushed forward again in this end to end game, they earned a corner and much to the anger of Dragoooo's manager Ryman the Baggies captain found himself unmarked and headed a bullet of a header in the net to make it 3-2. The 2nd half was a lot more calm and indeed the away side brought two players on to try and change the game a bit but a mere minute after this double substitution the game was put to bed as Noah Payton found his cousin Derek Payton with a beautiful through-ball, the elder cousin made no mistake holding the ball up and then smashing it past Sesia. This was a really entertaining match that Baggies deserved to win but Dragooooo should be proud they put up a good fight.

RFC 4-0 Fedex United

It is fair to say that a couple of seasons ago this fixture may have been close to call but now no-one is surprised by the 4-0 demolition of Fedex by a rampant RFC. RFC lined up with an aggressive 3-4-3 against Fedex's 4-5-1 formation. Straight away Normqvist held up play and slotted through a charging Sauber to round the goalie and hit the ball into an empty net. The first half was then quiet but RFC with 65% possession were clearly in charge. In the 2nd half Fosatti found Lovas with a beautiful ball to give him a 1 on 1 chance that he slotted away with ease. The game was over when Weyermann curled in a freekick that Normqvist tapped in past the goalie. A final header by Fosatti sealed things as yet again RFC were dominant. Fedex frankly stood no chance and again will be glad to “escape” conceding only four goals.

Winston Gardens FC 3-1 Hadens Rangers

Winston lined up for this one with a 3-5-2 formation while Rangers also packed their midfield but went for 4-5-1. The midfield battle was tight but near the end of the half it was end to end action, Winston scored twice firstly from a Goodison free kick that Thomas volleyed in and then the captain Rosebotham nutmegged his marker and hit the ball into the top right hand corner. Astle crossed the ball into Mallet to head in with authority to get Rangers back into the game. Both teams tried to liven things up with substitutions but the game began to go more and more towards Winston as they made chance after chance. In the end it was an injury time goal by Rosebotham who placed the ball precisely in the corner to give Winston all 3 points. Rangers badly need to start winning while Winston will be satisfied to have earned 3 points against the team that sent them out of the cup.

Rossers Rovers 0-0 Coloccini

This was rather an amazing match to watch as Rovers playing an attacking 3-4-3 dominated Coloccini who set up with 4-4-2 but were unable to score. Rovers had 62% possession and 7 chances to 0. Both sides lost key players to injury early on, last weeks player of the round Davydov limped off and was replaced by the youth Ptikha, while Coloccini lost defender Haslop but he was replaced by veteran defender Rowley. The irony is Rovers have a very large squad but had chosen to put youth rather than experience on the bench for this game. The substitute Rowley, Rockenrole and the goalie Mangani had magnificent games and by the end the away crowd were cheering as if they had won, the Rovers manager had nothing more to give after he used up all his subsitutions and seemed dumbstruck how his team could not score.

Most Important Result: Rossers Rovers 0-0 Coloccini

This was a very weird game as Coloccini somehow held out against a seige from Rovers, a point away against a relegation rival could be vital later in the season.

Stylish Team: RFC

While not up to last rounds standards their 4-0 mauling of Fedex was still a sight to see. They make attacking football seem so effortless.

Player of the round: Zaren Mangani, Colocinni FC

The young goalie was magnificent today rallying his defence and keeping out 7 chances to earn his team a valuable point.

Results so far.

Important Results: Winston, Dragooooo, Dragoooo, Colocinni

Style: DuD, Winston, RFC, RFC

Player: Winston, Winston, Rovers, Colocinni,

Winners from the three categories will be put in a draw at the end of the season to win a 3 month VIP!

Edited by Haden
Automerged Doublepost

Eughhh disallowed goal was quite gutted not to take all 3 points in that one still at least I took out that poser Wielink for a couple of games ;)

This is an absolute DISASTER. All my strikers have been docked a months pay.

I will not tolerate such rubbish.