NEurope
Haden

Xpert 11 Season 28: The Underground World

Oh thank lord, I finally got a properly decent couple of youths through. Time to cycle out some old blood.

Disappointed with how things went today, my new forward scored the first goal and was promptly injured by Intergalactico :p still, I never expect to win away games anyway!

Ha!

Solid opening day win for the Gardens. Going to be a good season for dvs.

Fancy it? I'll walk this middle league with my eyes closed.

Deal. :)

A proper injury and a minor injury to start the season. Thank you kindly. Grrrrr.

Team bob are top of the (lower) league!

A good start for sure, but we need more goals.

Seven chances to two but drew 1-1. Really let down by my strikers today :( may need to shake things up in the next game.

Hi Everyone! A buoyant Roger Federer here.

First of all, Haden, what a wonderful post. I don't know how the thanks button works, because I am Roger Federer, and don't have time to find out how it works, but it was a beautiful post! A work of art!

In football news: what a win! 6-2! When I see that score at the moment I'm usually on the receiving end, because my time at the top of the tennis world is coming to an end! Haha! Anyway, very happy to get my season off to that kind of start! Also, does anyone who is not partnered up want to join an alliance?

In tennis news, I'm down at number 7 in the ATP rankings :(

Thanks,

Roger Federer

First of all, Haden, what a wonderful post. I don't know how the thanks button works, because I am Roger Federer, and don't have time to find out how it works, but it was a beautiful post! A work of art!

In football news: what a win! 6-2! When I see that score at the moment I'm usually on the receiving end, because my time at the top of the tennis world is coming to an end! Haha! Anyway, very happy to get my season off to that kind of start! Also, does anyone who is not partnered up want to join an alliance?

Thanks,

Roger Federer

mj-laughing.gif

:bowdown:

Thanks,

Roger Federer

That is great praise indeed thanks man :D

interview-new-logo.jpg

To conclude the Inter View segment for Season 27 (unless Tales finally crawls out of the woodwork and answers his questions), we have a first for the last. Today I shall be interviewing three managers under the same banner and that is the Alliance known as Valyrian Steelers, consisting of Winston Gardens, The Roger Federer Crew and Rossers Rovers, welcome men!

Question 1) Firstly, it has to be said that out of the five alliances, you guys finished fourth with a collective 19 points, one less than The Shield. What happened?

RFC: To have started the season so strongly, and then to finish it fourth in the world, is something I've gone through a lot lately, both as a professional tennis player (as 'Roger Federer') and a professional football manager (as 'Roger Federer Crew'). It's not an easy situation to be in, especially when you're a 17 time Grand Slam winner and a 1 time second place finisher in the N-Euro Championship Lower League, two achievements I hold to be of equal value.

It is a shame the way things panned out - certainly two of the alliance members lived up to expectations this season. Rosser romped to victory in the Lower League, and he'll thrive in this league next season I'm sure. Meanwhile, I held my own and got another solid 4th place in the Middle League - which is what I wanted, as I'm certainly not ready for promotion. And I don't want to name names here, but the other member of the alliance, Winston, was just bloody terrible. Remember that time he beat Yellow Submarine? What was that about?? To be honest I just think he wanted to go down so he would have the opportunity to play Roger and Rosser yet again.

My favourite part about the alliance was The Alliance Name, which I came up with, because I am Roger Federer - Valyrian Steelers - was fantastic! I'm SUCH a big Game of Thrones fan, me and Djokovic always meet up to watch it when we're at a tournament - my favourite episode is that one where Khal Drogo tips the molten gold on top of Viserys Targaryen's head! 'I'll give you a crown!' Haha! So funny! Khal Drogo doesn't take no shit!

RR: In all honesty, when the alliance was first formed I know two of us were looking at other options... Unfortunately our fate was sealed too quickly and we couldn't opt for the better, more promising choices. Winston let us down.

WG: I think the lazy pundit could certainly point to Wimbledon as the turning point in our season - The atmosphere certainly darkened a notch with every bead of sweat that dropped off the Scotsman's hulking frame when we were all together watching the final, as Roger watched his title passed on. Yet there were problems from the start. Federer had been too big for his boots for a while, as his previously impressive managerial career began to plateau, whilst his tennis profile was beginning to decline. Reports from inside the club hint that the man was failing to seperate the two sports in his mind, calling for lets when his side conceded off the post, showing frustration at the lack of 'a big ace' when Hoffman stood over a free kick.

Question 2) Will you three be remaining in an alliance for the coming season or do you have other plans now that all three of you will be in the same division battling it out for either promotion or to fend off relegation at the expense of the other potentially?

RFC: It is a shame we won't be able to continue the alliance because, like I said, we have such an incredible name and incredible potential! Apart from Winston, who is dropping faster than my ATP ranking!

RR: With the failure of the last season and all of us now being in the same league it doesn't seem to make sense to continue with this alliance, so I'm open to offers!

WG: The end of last season concluded with the other two Steelers threatening to splinter off into other alliences - suffice to say my trust has been betrayed, and next year I will be showing no mercy to these rookies, these pretenders. The wise man's money would be on the pair of them to go straight down a division - Winston will not be holding back.

Question 3) Who's the best out of all of you and why? Do you have a leader?

RFC: We all represent a different member of Danaerys Targaryen's entourage - Winston is Old Beardy Bloke Who Used To Be In Downton Abbey, Rosser is Silly Hair Flamboyant Poncey Swordsman, and I am Stoic Bald Bloke With Giant Spear. I think it is clear who the winner is here.

RR: It's difficult to compare the teams, having never played in any other league than the bottom since joining two seasons ago. I'm sure it will all become clear in this one though. Winston was probably our leader, being the person who formed the alliance and highest ranking team at the time. Perhaps that was the problem.

WG: Clearly as the most experienced manager of the Steelers I would be the headline act of the trio, Rossers and the Crew being the 3* indie support act (perhaps the Two Door Cinema Club or similar) to my storming hunk of a Radiohead set. Yet of course our true leader is the wonderful Daenerys Targarye, the one for whom we ultimately play our football. At the end of the day we try and put aside our managerial disagreements for the greater good of Westeros, in support of this beacon of hope, of beauty, of power...

Any final words...

RFC: My final words are, as always -

'Thanks, Roger Federer'

Thanks,

Roger Federer.

RR: (None supplied)

WG: My team is still a long way off realistically challenging for big titles, but we at Winston are ultimately always striving toward the ultimate goal of success in the upper league. I would suspect three seasons to be our realistic target before we can challenge. I hope the fans are patient - I am no Wenger - this is a club on the up.

The Inter View list:-

1. Haden

2. Coloccini

3. Madpool

4. Peeps

5. Eights (awaiting answers @Tales)

6. Balbuzards

7. Co-op

8. Fedex

9. Recall

10. bob

11. Cubic

12. Valyrian Steelers (Alliance)

A fascinating insight into the dynamics of this dysfunctional trio. Thanks to the three of you for participating. Well herein lies the conclusion of the Inter View for Season 27 folks. Thanks for tuning in and I hope you've enjoyed watching/participating!

Nikos, over & out!

Oh thank lord, I finally got a properly decent couple of youths through. Time to cycle out some old blood.

Hey...fancy joining a properly decent couple of managers, Haden & I, in an alliance this season? :wink:

Hey...fancy joining a properly decent couple of managers, Haden & I, in an alliance this season? :wink:

Well I don't normally swing that way but sure, there's a first time for everything.

Team Awesome & Jimbob

Yeah, lets go with that. I can't think of anything better at the moment.

Alliances

Intergalactico Stars, Hadens Rangers, The Sixty-Fourthers: 24

Team Awesome & Jimbob: 20

Lylat Wanderers, Coloccini FC, bob: 17

Eights United, Winston Gardens FC, ???

Atlético Aqui1a, ???, ???

Shit team name idea: N-E Goal Trotters

Spotlight

This week the spotlight is on Hadens Rangers vs The Roger Federer Crew. Please predict the outcome and percentage possession for each team!

Spotlight...

I reckon Federer will win 0-1 with the possession being 54-46 in Haden's favour.

I reckon the Fed will have only 20% of possession, but will win this set 6 - 2.

Oddy Freund gets a nice win bonus from goals scored, so he decides to buy his wife breast enhancement surgery. When she comes home he admires her new look and his form goes through the roof.

Oh Oddy...

Hadens Rangers 3 - 2 The Roger Federer Crew

Possession: 64%-36%

If someone wants a lower league team to join their alliance, I'll be happy to join.

Absolutely no way I can get anything out of the game against Ell, so I'm using it as a chance to give my fringe/younger players some game time.

Breaking news coming up! Hold onto your seats for the sports news of the day, coming up in the next few minutes!

Absolutely no way I can get anything out of the game against Ell, so I'm using it as a chance to give my fringe/younger players some game time.

Earlier today, Radio DRAGOOOOO brought you this news that Fierce_LiNk would be playing a vastly weakened team, filled with youths and fringe players against the more experienced and expensive AC Elites.

"After a successful start against a resilient rovers, the next team to be taken down by a newly recharged Elites is DRAGOOO, a team that struggled and performed so poorly last season the manager is still making excuses.

The elites don't make excuses, they simply acknowledge that their opponents last season were better than them."

Those were the words from Ellmeister, manager of the Elites, prior to the 12:30pm kick-off.

These words sparked furore amongst the DRAGOOOOOnians and spurred them into life.

Radio DRAGOOOOO managed to catch up with LiNk before the match:

"Thank you very much, Fierce_LiNk, we've seen the intensity of the matches here tonight, and I think the same thing is going to happen in this N-Europe League match-"

"LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING CHIEF, YOU OUT HERE TALKING BOUT A TEAM. THE ONLY TEAM YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT ARE DRAGOOOOO FC. SEE BECAUSE WHAT YOU DEALIN' WITH HERE IS THE BROTHERHOOD, IT'S NON STOP FROM THIS POINT ON AND IN N-EUROPE WE TAKE WHAT WE WANT AND AFTER WE TAKE OUR TEAM ON THE PITCH, WE WANT THE WIN, SUCKER.

ELLMEISTER, WE COMIN' FOR YOU, NIGGA!"

Manager Fierce_LiNk is then reported to have thrown the microphone to the ground, as his team stormed off to the pitch and produced one of the shocks of the season, defeating AC Elites with a weakened team by 2 goals to 1.