NEurope
Haden

Xpert 11 Season 28: The Underground World

11dv is the minimum to be guaranteed a raise but you want to aim for 15/16 at least for a visible jump in skill. Even then they might not visibly raise though!

It carries over though right?

Yeh it does so it is never wasted.

My form is so good atm but I am playing away to RFC next, going to take huge form hits all over the place when he destroys me :(

Round 11: Session in progress

AC Elites 1-2 DuDs Baggies

The Baggies kept their momentum flying high with a stand out victory against AC Elites at the Elites own ground. The Elites went for a 4-4-2 formation while Baggies took a big risk playing 3-5-2. Both sides seemed to be probing each other at first with only 1 chance made in the 1st half. In the 2nd it was Szymanek who made the break through as his shot found a path past a Elites goalie whose vision had been obscured by a packed defence. Six minutes later Dhall curled in one of his trademark freekicks to make it 2-0 and send the Baggies fans wild. It must be noted that the Elites had 64% possession in this match and eventually made this pay when on the 78th minute Brain found Pratchett who sent the goalie the wrong way with a close range shot. However the Baggies closed down and Mulholland at the back was having a fantastic game organising his defence. This was a great win for Baggies and a disappointing day for the Elites.

Leeds M.O.T 3-0 Rossers Rovers

Leeds and Rovers met playing 4-4-2 but the Leeds side dominated from the get go. With 8 shots to 1 there was only going to be one winner in this match. Mancebo was the architect for two headed goals either side of half time, one foud the head of Howson the other of Burchell. Then Howson and Burchell linked as Howson hit a through-ball to Burchell who stabbed a shot home. Leeds were very productive in this game and their midfield was especially strong, their manager looked very pleased with a routine victory which keeps them in the top half of the league.

Hadens Rangers 2-4 Dragooooo

Both of these teams have had a topsy turvy season and it carried on today. Restricted by injuries Rangers played a 4-5-1 formation against a daring 3-5-2 from Dragooooo. Rangers struck first as Mulholland hit a ball into the path of Mossley who trapped it and hit it past an incoming goalie. However some poor defending cost Rangers as Barculo was taken out in the box, Barculo himself took the penalty and sent the Rangers keeper the wrong way with a careful shot. Things went from bad to worse for Rangers as star defender Zabel picked up a niggle and was substituted for youth Somner. This played into Dragooooo's hands as Barculo caused more mischief this time setting up Hottges for a tap in. After the break the away side kept up the pressure and Wielink hit in a stunning pin point long shot to make it 3-1. Again Mossley placed himself well to lose the away teams defence and triumphed in another one on one situation. It was to be Dragooooo's day though they soaked up some late pressure and then hit back with a breakaway as Le Frapper beat the offside trap to make it 4-2. The humiliation for Rangers was complete as a late penalty for the home side was blasted over by defender Palmer. This was a great win for Dragooooo and both these sides are now very much in the relegation battle.

Coloccini FC 6-0 RFC

The shock result of the day came in the form of Coloccini's match of the season against RFC. Both teams played with a 3-5-2 formation but right from the word go the home side flew out of the starting blocks. Haslp scored via a free kick and penalty in the first half, while Stockley out ran a flagging RFC defence to hit a ball in for Costa to head home. A header by Quila started off the 2nd half as RFC looked deflated, 4-0 behind they were 2nd best in every area of the pitch and had under 40% possession. Coloccini were relentless as Mallo fed a through ball to Murgita who made it 5-0 before he was brought down late in the game and had to be taken off on a stretcher. This was the only bad point for Coloccini who finished the game off as Rowley stampeded forward from defence to feed Madeley who toe poked the pass in to make it 6-0. RFC fans were bemused while Coloccini fans were singing all the way home a fantastic result for this team.

Fedex United 3-3 Winston Gardens FC

Two teams who are looking to avoid the drop fought a titanic battle today at United's ground. Fedex set up with 4-3-3 against Gardens 3-5-2. This led to Winston being dominant in chance creation with 9-4 but Fedex being put into a 3vs3 situation in every attack. The first attack some Theakston blast in a long shot which almost looked like a cross but floated past a backtracking goalie. Not be outdone Rosebotham found some space of his own and curled in a wonderful long shot to tie the game up. The 1st half petered out but right at the start of the 2nd Goodison found a gap in the wall to make it 2-1 to Gardens via a direct free kick. Fedex responded by bringing on Figueroa who had an instant impact as Blackburn swung in a cross which he headed in. Blackburn again conducted play as he this time teed up Akerland who pounded home a long shot to give the home side the lead. Gardens poured forward in search of a goal as they bossed the midfield, it seemed unlikely to come until right at the last on the line of the box Ingham was pushed. The referee pointed to the spot before being surrounded by Fedex players and booed intensely by the home crowd they were sure it was a free kick! The whistling carried on as Rosebotham stood up, he looked down ran up and smacked it in straight down the middle! He ran to the away fans who started chanting his name as the Fedex players again surrounded the referee distraught. How vital could this point be?

Most Important Results: AC Elites 1-2 DuDs Baggies

Dragooooos victory was also important but on the back of last week DuD needed to keep up momentum and this result was huge, beating the Elites away from home takes some doing and the Baggies really showed their promotion or even championship credentials today.

Stylish Team: Colocinni FC

The most incredible result, beating RFC of all teams 6-0! The fans must be wondering why the team can't do this every week? Outstanding.

Player of the round: Archie Rosebotham, Winston Gardens

Rosebotham did what a captain should do today and led his team, he scored a shot to bring them level once and then was not intimidated by a furious home crowd to hit in a penalty to bring his team level a 2nd time.

Results so far.

Important Results: Winston, Dragooooo, Dragoooo, Colocinni, Rangers, RFC, RFC, Leeds, DuD, DuD

Style: DuD, Winston, RFC, RFC, Rovers, DuD, Elites, Leeds, DuD, Colocinni

Player: Winston, Winston, Rovers, Colocinni, Colocinni, Rovers, Leeds, Winston, Dragooooo, Winston

It carries over though right?

Yeah. If you have a player who has 5 skill bars it means that his skill is anywhere between 4.6 and 5.5.

If his DV at the end of the season is greater than 10 then he will increase in skill. This means that your hypothetical 5-skill player could increase from 4.6 to 5.5 (almost a whole skill point) and not have a visible jump. This same player could go from 4.6 to 6.4, almost 2 skill points) and only go up 1 visible level.

I need to do the double over Yellow Submarine to stay up and hope that @Aqui1a loses... Or alternatively I can win and make up 8 goals over Lylat. Considering I've only scored 13 all season that is unlikely.

If I win and Dedede loses, I'll reclaim the top spot. Unlikely, but his match is a lot tougher than mine.

Oh man, I hope I don't lose 8-0 next round :laughing:

This has been a tense season but I'm glad it didn't come down to the final game for us (technically still could be relegated but it's a long shot). Next season doesn't look like it'll be any easier either!

Reminder for the cup, please post in this thread or comment on the PR on xpert if you want in!

Schedule:

Final game: Friday 18/10/13

Change Report: Monday 21/10/13 (4am)

Break: Tuesday 22/10/13

Cup Round One: Friday 25/10/13

N-Euro Championship Cup Season 28

1. bob
  2. Hadens Rangers
  3. DuDs Baggies
  4. Atlético Aqui1a
  5. Leeds M.O.T
  6. Intergalactico Stars
  7. Fedex United
  8. Yellow Submarine
  9. AC Elites
  10. The Roger Federer Crew
  11. Winston Gardens FC
  12. Cubic County
  13. Les Balbuzards
  14. Silverdale salmon

@Tales @MadDog @Fierce_LiNk @jayseven @gaggle64 @Dedede @Twozzok @MilaGi @The fish @Jimbob @Mr_Odwin @Zell @Charlie

Edited by The Peeps

Oh man, I hope I don't lose 8-0 next round :laughing:

This has been a tense season but I'm glad it didn't come down to the final game for us (technically still could be relegated but it's a long shot). Next season doesn't look like it'll be any easier either!

I'm so annoyed I played too much youth against Familia and lost. If I had those extra 3 points it would be so much tighter.

It looks like I'll be back down to the middle league. Still, I'd rather be in the yo-yo team between Top and Middle than middle and bottom! I'll be looking to come straight back up!

Yup that's cool as long as you have time :)

If we can stick to doing the draw for the next round on the same day as the previous round, it should be fine (so the draw for friday will take place on the tuesday before etc). If you can't do one for whatever reason, I'll just do it later that night.

Also will you be competing in the cup? :p

Bit of a weird situation at the moment numbers wise, could be pretty good or bad.

J7 has joined Blade said he would and has the link.

Twozzok, and Rovers seem inactive unsure if anyone is friends with Rossers Rovers?

Flinky and MadDog are maybes.

Andy All Stars is a dead team but its good to have one of those in the lower league.

Anyone have any leads of new people that could join, it is up to Peeps but we could always bust out the xpert recruitment thread in gen chit chat that usually gets us at least one new person.

I'd like a solid answer from Flink and MadDog really so we can be sure of how many teams we'll need to cover next season. Hopefully they both still want to play.

This is sad, but I'm out. I've resigned from BSO. The site has been making irritating changes and the latest one (playing a video to get sponsorship money) has pushed me over the edge. I've lost the love.

Good luck guys!

Play a video to get sponsor money?.. have I missed something?

This is sad, but I'm out. I've resigned from BSO. The site has been making irritating changes and the latest one (playing a video to get sponsorship money) has pushed me over the edge. I've lost the love.

Good luck guys!

Odddddddy NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

You shall forever be #1

Also, aren't you able to revert to the old tactics page if you want?

Good luck guys!

tumblr_lt7w5nqYRt1r4okpoo1_250.gif

Might be time to bust out the old recruitment thread?

So far we are

-Oddy

-Andy

? Flinky

? MadDog

? Twozzok

? Rossers

+J7

+(Hopefully) Blade

+(Hopefully Esqueil

The last two I have PMd and both seem interested but could be a doomsday scenario brewing anyone have any contacts to help bring in new blood?

No Andy? But Andy's Allstars - what a team! Disappointed they won't be returning...

Oddy though, who's that.