NEurope
Haden

Xpert 11 Season 28: The Underground World

I was dreading looking at my results as I forgot to set tactics.

Luckily my default ones turned out fine. Although I'm now higher than I want to be.

Why do people not want to be promoted? It says in the rules that you gain more experience by playing against better teams. Even if you lose a lot you're more than likely going to get better experience out of it. My team are doing great for half a season in.

Got away with a lucky win today. Squad has taken a hit in the process though with injuries and potential suspensions.

Really odd at the lack of draws in the top tier so for this season.

Why do people not want to be promoted? It says in the rules that you gain more experience by playing against better teams. Even if you lose a lot you're more than likely going to get better experience out of it. My team are doing great for half a season in.

Ironically this season I am having to play really strong squads just to keep my head above water never mind go up.

What are your devs like then? Any above 13-14?

Got away with a lucky win today. Squad has taken a hit in the process though with injuries and potential suspensions.

Really odd at the lack of draws in the top tier so for this season.

Interesting trend in the Middle League is the real lack of away wins, after 40 games there has only been 6 away victories with RFC the only team to get more than 1 with 2.

Decent match against DuD.

Can someone else at least nab a point off federer? I took 3 off him but the rest of you are pathetic :p.

I reckon promotion will be between me, Fed, DuD and Danny.

Decent match against DuD.

Can someone else at least nab a point off federer? I took 3 off him but the rest of you are pathetic :p.

I reckon promotion will be between me, Fed, DuD and Danny.

I keep looking at RFC's team and thinking how the hell are they doing so well just like Zell last season.

The common thing between both of them is they play really good attacking football, maybe the game is good for attacking managers? It is weird cause a lot of us think the opposite is true.

You guys all under estimated him. I put my strongest squad out as a sign of respect/ to beat him :p

Looks like I'm becoming a yo yo club again.

Roger Federer... Talks Tactics!

Hi everyone, Roger Federer here.

So I just wanted to respond to the discussions above, if that's OK? Share some of the expertise that I picked up during my years at the top of the men's professional tennis game.

So basically, I think my team has been doing very well this season for a couple of reasons:

1) I've been winding down the tennis so I can spend more time with the team.

2) The team I've got is compact, works well together, and, crucially, has no stand out players. If you take a look a the xpert team for each round of games, you'll see that my players are usually missing. It also makes it difficult for opposing teams to pick up on my playmaker choices, as I can easily move the role around and allow other players to pick up the slack. This is most evident in the Sauber, Weyermann, Fosatti set up in midfield.

See you in Shanghai!

Thanks,

Roger Federer

So I just wanted to respond to the discussions above, if that's OK? Share some of the expertise that I picked up during my years at the top of the men's professional tennis game.

So basically, I think my team has been doing very well this season for a couple of reasons:

2) The team I've got is compact, works well together, and, crucially, has no stand out players. If you take a look a the xpert team for each round of games, you'll see that my players are usually missing. It also makes it difficult for opposing teams to pick up on my playmaker choices, as I can easily move the role around and allow other players to pick up the slack. This is most evident in the Sauber, Weyermann, Fosatti set up in midfield.

See you in Shanghai!

Thanks,

Roger Federer

Game, set and SMASHED! Well played :red:

See you in Shanghai!

Thanks,

Roger Federer

Hey Roger I implore you to do xpert PR's. Not only would you be benefiting us all by well just being you and giving us more of your words of wisdom but you get paid econs for doing it! This must help with, dare I say it, retirement looming?

I keep looking at RFC's team and thinking how the hell are they doing so well just like Zell last season.

The common thing between both of them is they play really good attacking football, maybe the game is good for attacking managers? It is weird cause a lot of us think the opposite is true.

Maybe playing defensive is a better overall strategy, but you need a good defence for that. My team's strengths have always been in midfield and up front so I've always played more attacking tactics to take advantage of that.

Next week is the double trouble from Eights! Probably my two biggest games back-to-back.

Alliances

Team Awesome & Jimbob: 17

N-E Goal Trotters: 16

The Example: 15

The Example - Intergalactico Stars, Hadens Rangers, The Sixty-Fourthers

Team Awesome & Jimbob - Kippen FC, Leeds M.O.T, Recall United

N-E Goal Trotters - Lylat Wanderers, Coloccini FC, bob

Spotlight

Last time the spotlight was on Recall United vs AC Twozzinio. The outcome was 3-1 to Recalll with 10 players under 25 in the starting line-ups.

Not a single person got the result correct with everyone guessing a draw or Twozzinio win so Haden wins as he guessed the amount of players under 25 correctly.

Standings

AC Elites: 1

Atlético Aqui1a: 1

Haden: 1

The next spotlight is on Eights United vs Yellow Submarine. Predict the outcome and the midfield team ratings for each team.

2-1 I reckon. I can't remember what the other thing we had to guess was (i'm on my phone and can't see) so i'm going to say 34.

Up to 3rd after beating Dragpoooo 6-0. Shows how close the middle league is as 3 wins in a row has taken me from last to 3rd. MOT!!!

Up to 3rd after beating Dragpoooo 6-0. Shows how close the middle league is as 3 wins in a row has taken me from last to 3rd. MOT!!!

The middle league is as per usual mental, bottom three may be losing touch with the rest after this double but I think the amount of teams that can go up or down will be very large right till the end.

Of course RFC has already won the league :P

I am very pleased with the win today tbh it was an absolute must win game as I have drawn a bit to often this season.

My best striker got taken out though and I wont see him till next month now which is a real blow as my other two strikers are not proven goalscorers. I am also quite annoyed that 9 games in I have not kept one clean sheet this is also something that needs to be addressed.

Potentially top of the table come Friday afternoon. Happy days if it becomes so.

Meh. Our school internet wasn't working today or yesterday and I didn't get time to set tactics or line up as I've been working long hours. (only just got in and have had a shower). No internet in school for the rest of the week. I tried using a friend's phone to set tactics for today but the speed was so slow that I ran out of time and just gave up in the end.

Not sure I can be bothered with this anymore. Trying to build a team around youth is so slow and I haven't even had the results to show for it when I have put out decent teams.

C'mon Flink, you gotta persevere with it. i've had shit results all season, but I just stick with it.

I started 3 youths today and got another 3 involved in the match at some point (having 4 of them together on the pitch at once) and managed to come back from 3-1 down away from home to win 3-5 against the team whose manager said this

I'll walk this middle league with my eyes closed.

Hahaa :p

I say we let Flink leave - he brings nothing to the league! Plays weak players because he doesn't know what he's doing and moans because he doesn't know what he's doing! Please don't leave!

Also: I'm having trouble getting on to xpert website as it keeps automatically forwarding to facebook login. Does anyone know how to stop this? I log on and it then crashes ¬_¬

Edited by Ellmeister

Go to profile and setting in the xpert app after logging in and on the right side the should be a disconnect from facebook option :)

If anyone is interested in starting a new team completely from scratch, I've just joined a league that hasn't started yet. Currently 5 teams, my own included, so this is the perfect opportunity for anyone looking for a new start with all teams on level footing.

The league has a twist though, you can have any age player you like in your squad but all signings must be players aged 21 and under.

Invite link: http://www.xperteleven.com/?lid=306334

Edited by The Peeps
Automerged Doublepost

Round Five: Five Star Managers ready and waiting.

AC Elites 2-1 RFC

The Elites eked out a win against an inform RFC side in this close contest. AC Elites set up with 4-5-1 against an attacking 3-5-2 from RFC. The captain Gurdsuk delivered a great free kick that Bodin hit home after some scrappy RFC defending. However RFC soon hit back as Iwanicki hit a long ball forward for Lajes to chest down and smack in. RFC were edging the game at this point with 3 chances to 2, however the manager made a triple substitution taking off talismanic midfielder Fosatti and the goal scorer Lajes, The Elites held firm and did not make any changes and began take control of the game. After some yellow cards for RFC players they gave away another free kick in a dangerous position, again Gurdsuk stepped up to the plate and swung it in for Madpoo to toe poke in. However 10 minutes later Madpoo earned a second yellow after a late challenge on Taveira, the Elites responded by brining on a youth defender to freshen themselves up for the challenges ahead. However in a moment of madness RFC midfielder Waugh got involved in an argument with the referee, despite being given repeated warnings he also earned a second yellow to the obvious anger of his manager. The game petered out from this point and the Elites earned a very important victory at RFC's expense.

Leeds M.O.T 3-2 Winston Gardens FC

This was an amazing game as the teams set themselves up in polar opposite ways to produce a very entertaining game, Leeds went for an ultra attacking 3-4-3 while Winston set up with a possession based 4-5-1. Leeds started off well as Townshend hit in a corner but Winston began to make more and more chances until lone striker Goodison finally curled in a long shot to make it 1-1. Howson responded with his own powerful long shot to restore the home side's lead. After half time Akera lobbed the goalie who was just off his line to tie the game up again. At this point Winston took almost total control of the game. They made 12 chances to just 4 for Leeds and three of Leeds chances were in the first half. However despite facing a reduced defence of three Goodison cut a very frustrated figure up front by himself. The home fans seemed nervous as like sea waves on a cliff Winston kept hammering away but they could not make an impact. Then in a magnificent counter attack the defender Garner sliced in a through ball that Carrero ran onto and hit in off the post to give Leeds their 3rd goal. This was utterly against the run of play and the home fans were cheering wildly. As each minute passed it became clear Winston were not going to respond and the game finished with a great victory for Leeds against a dejected Winston side.

Hadens Rangers 4-3 DuDs Baggies

Rangers have endured an awful start to the season and were now faced with the team that beat them at this very ground in the cup final. Rangers set up with a 3-5-2 against an attacking 4-3-3 Baggies. Baggies started well as Dhall fed the ball in to Ashe from a corner to give the visitors a quick lead. However Astle with great vision found Ciobotaru who hit in a stunner of a goal to equal things up. Just to show who is the alpha striker the in form Shearer before half time curled home a beautiful goal to give Baggies momentum heading in to the break. However the midfield advantage soon began to tell and a two quick goals first from Astle setting up Mulholland for a tap in and then for Mulholland teeing up Astle for a driving shot gave Rangers the lead. Sloppy play ensured Dhall was given the opportunity to curl in a free kick to bring it to 3-3- at 57 minutes. The crowd at both ends were almost memorised by this game sense the next goal would win it. Both managers freshened up their team with substitutions Rangers using all 3 but then a moment after they did disaster struck as veteran defender Paine was felled and twisted awkwardly as he dropped to the ground. He had to be taken off and with no substitutions left Rangers were down to 10 men and without their most experienced defender. Baggies could sense blood and pushed forward but deep into injury time Mallett on the counter skipped past two and laid on Cahill who nutmegged a defender and flicked it over the keeper. The ground erupted after 4 games without a win Rangers had won the game in the last second, the manager ran to Cahill and hugged him, this was a great game and a huge moment for Rangers.

Rossers Rovers 3-0 Fedex United

Rovers and Fedex both wanted to win this one but also wanted to field an balanced team and so both chose to go for a 4-4-2 line up. From the outset Rovers took control, Urso headed home an early corner unmarked, then Fedex defender Lagarto had to be taken off with a hamstring injury. The Fedex captain Blackburn then found himself booked for talking back to the referee while Urso scored another from a great free kick. By half time the game was over and frankly Fedex looked uninspired, Rovers looked so solid at the back that the midfield and attack felt at ease going forward and made 10 chances to 0 for Fedex. Gubsky teed up the inform Davydov to hit a fast ground shot past Houghton to finish the game off in style. This was a great win for Rovers that will also help their goal difference and hurt a rival from the past.

Coloccini FC 4-1 Dragooooo

The home side and specifically their manager have sometimes been seen as a bit of a soft touch, a visionary who cultivates youth but cannot stand the rigours of a league higher than the lower. Today playing 4-4-2 he proved doubters wrong as his team routed Dragooooo who played offensively with 3-5-2. To begin with it was a very close game as both sides probed each other. Costa set up the youth forward Murgita who curled in a lovely long shot. Things were quiet until half time. Then in the second half Forsyth shook off his marker and hit home a mid range shot to tie the game up. However it was to be the young Murgita's day, he scored again from a dangerous Haslop freekick and then hit in another wonderful long shot that went in off the bar when his old friend Costa set him up again. Dragooooo brought on two substitutes but it was to late now, on the 82nd minute Murgita turned provider and fed the ball to the captain Stockley who could almost pass the ball into the net. This was a vindicating victory for the home side, at the end the captian Stockley said about Murgita, “Yeh that kid, hes alright!”. Alright indeed!

Most Important Result: Hadens Rangers 4-3 DuDs Baggies

You could hear the crowd noise from another city when that last goal went in, a huge victory for Rangers to kick start their season.

Stylish Team: Rossers Rovers

10 chances to 0, Rovers played with real style and made their team look a gulf apart from Fedex, a great win.

Player of the round: Emiliano Murgita, Colocinni FC

Another Colocinni youth gets this award! The striker was the difference maker today scoring a hat trick and setting up his captain for the final goal, a wonderful performance keep your eye on this one.

Results so far.

Important Results: Winston, Dragooooo, Dragoooo, Colocinni, Rangers,

Style: DuD, Winston, RFC, RFC, Rovers

Player: Winston, Winston, Rovers, Colocinni, Colocinni

Winners from the three categories will be put in a draw at the end of the season to win a 3 month VIP!

Despite only getting a draw pleased with today as it is my first clean sheet and it is away from home! Hmm who is my next opponent, oh shit...

Dragooooo 7-1 Leeds M.O.T

Meh. Our school internet wasn't working today or yesterday and I didn't get time to set tactics or line up as I've been working long hours. (only just got in and have had a shower). No internet in school for the rest of the week. I tried using a friend's phone to set tactics for today but the speed was so slow that I ran out of time and just gave up in the end.

Not sure I can be bothered with this anymore. Trying to build a team around youth is so slow and I haven't even had the results to show for it when I have put out decent teams.

Not sure I can be bothered with this anymore.

Please don't try against me on Tuesday if that is you not bothering :shakehead

Edited by Haden
Automerged Doublepost

What the hell is happening in the Middle League? Leeds win 6-0 then get destroyed 7-1 by Dragpoo?

At least in the lower League, you know what to expect. Bob winning and scoring lots of goals.