N-Europe

Cravings!

nightwolf

So, a bit of an odd thread for me. But just bare with us!

I recently started thinking about all the yummy food and drinks I had whilst working in Manhattan and remembered a drink that I started craving again:

peace-tea-sweet-lemon-80210.jpg

It seems I can only get it on Amazon and that is currently out of stock, which is a damn shame.

That being said, have you been abroad, tried something and couldn't get it anywhere else? Do you miss certain foods or how they are prepared compared to where you currently live?

EDIT: I have now changed the name. Be happy. :laughing:

Edited by nightwolf

spira.jpg

Cadbury's Spira.

AN AMAZING CHOCOLATE BAR.

Got discontinued years ago. For those who never tried them, all it was was a finger of twisted or spiralled chocolate. But DAT TASTE. So much better than a shitty Twirl. I often crave one of them bad boys.

Oreos. Oreolways. Please help me.

Fortunately (or unfortunately for my diet) they're available here!

When I was over in Atlanta, I had a huge, soft, lightly grilled cheese, chicken and glory sandwich that was about as big as my head and just as delicious. Being overly tired from the plane journey I could only manage half of it. Luckily they let me take the remainder of my failed conquest back with me and my hotel room had a small fridge. Score! However, the sandwich remained in that fridge for several days (I kept eating elsewhere and resolving to definitely come back to it) and I eventually had to throw it out.

Every now and then I think back to that sandwich and just kick myself for letting it go bad and throwing it out. I want that sandwich so fucking bad guys. It is my unicorn. One day I will go back there and finish one of those goddamn sandwiches.

Edited by Guy
More sandwich adjectives.

Only one I can think of is the more orange coloured version of Fanta that was banned over here but you can still get abroad.

46.-Aug-09-2012.jpg

YES. THIS SO MUCH.

And American Mountain Dew.

Basically all American fizzy drinks. The High Fructose Corn Syrup in place of sugar makes them taste so much better (and so much worse for your health!)

Also craving a burrito from Chilango in London, my favourite place to eat. And a Five Guys burger. I need to get to the one in London soon.

I'm glad I'm not the only one craving food/drinks! I never tried the more orange fanta, so not aware of how it tastes.

It does remind me that I miss all of the take our places I ordered through Seamless (like our just eat apps), the burritos, oh man :(.

I realllly miss chocolate covered oreo's with mint flavour:

3102097622_160be9997f_m.jpg

I don't think you can get them here. =(

Also love Reese's Pieces, which you can probably get here somewhere but I haven't looked yet really:

reeses-pieces.jpg

From Belgium there are a few things I miss, but one of them is a burger which you can only get from chip shops, the Bicky Burger (preferably with cheese). It might not look nice but it has a very particular flavour and I love it so much:

2000-20100113-bickyburger.jpg

mmmmmm

spira.jpg

Cadbury's Spira.

Got discontinued years ago. For those who never tried them, all it was was a finger of twisted or spiralled chocolate. But DAT TASTE. So much better than a shitty Twirl. I often crave one of them bad boys.

Well, they brought back Wispas so there's still hope.

When I've been in France I've had Asterix snacks and Grenadine. To us, Grenadine is a mixer, but in France it's just another type of cordial/syrup (and the best, in my opinion). We had Capri Sun's Mountain Cooler over here. I miss that.

There's also something I remember from holiday camps in the 1980s but I'm not sure if it really existed - Canada Dry Coke. Was this Coke mixed with something made by Canada Dry, or was it Canada Dry's own cola? Either way, I remember loving it.

spira.jpg

Cadbury's Spira.

Send him Yuna!

So, the title should be international (food) cravings or something? Because I have general cravings all the time!

Anyway. It’s been a long time since I was abroad, and I can’t really remember anything specific. Although, one thing I guess! A certain type of bread made in Österreich (or Austria) called Kipferl. Couldn’t get enough of it.

Last year I tried a Japanese soda drink called Calpis, apparently it’s Yoghurt-based. I can get it here, just not that easily. I also love Pocky, Japanese candy. The standard version is just chocolate on a stick, but there are a lot of varieties (not all of them good however). The standard variety is actually sold here in The Netherlands under a different brand. However I can get the original and some of its other varieties here as well. Lastly, when my mother returns from The Phillipines she sometimes brings some Polvorón with her. They’re extremely dry and powdery, yet I love them. Apparently they’re originally Spanish, but they’re hugely popular there it seems. I can get the standard flavour here I found out, but I can’t find the other flavours. There’s peanut, cashew and coffee to name a few.

Edit:

I’m not sharing the Oreo love by the way. I mean, they are ok, but there are plenty of other cookies available which are better.

Edited by Sméagol

I’m not sharing the Oreo love by the way. I mean, they are ok, but there are plenty of other cookies available which are better.

Get out. Right now.

I looove root beer, but it seems almost non-existent outside of the US. Luckily there's an American style bagel shop here in Aarhus where they have it - and the bagels are amazing, too. I love that place. :heart:

I also love Mountain Dew, which isn't that common in Denmark - I usually buy large amounts when I'm in Germany.