NEurope
Yvonne

The Jelly Bean Mafia

Can you please elaborate as if Jonnas targetted someone yet claimed to have picked a bean then we know who to lynch lol

I'm guessing aqui1a discovered the piece of info I actually had before I revealed it. In truth, I did have something, but I wanted to hear what others had to say before I did.

Last night, I actually ate that not-red bean: a Brown Bean. And I targeted mr-paul, finding him to be evil.

I'm guessing aqui1a found out I targeted mr-paul, so I might as well say it.

Vote: mr-paul

I would rather hear from Animal before the day is over, but I'm not holding my breath :/ Truth be told, if I didn't have this piece of info, I would've voted for him on inactivity, like you.

(P.S.: Esequiel, ReZ said nobody targeted me, not that I didn't target anybody)

Well, I know for sure that info isn't true. I suspect Jonnas is making it up, and has waited to make sure no-one can invalidate his claim before coming out with it rather than saying it straight away. We know the game hangs in the balance right now, so mafia might win if we lynch incorrectly today.

It must be that or there has been some manipulation at hand. This is too confusing.

Just for the record, my full night activity:

Start: Yellow, clear, violet

N1: Violet (jailkeep) heroicjanitor - success

N2: Clear (check stomach) Sheikah: blue blue violet yellow

N3: Yellow (roleblock) Esequiel - success

N4: Pick bean - Red

N5: Pick bean - Crimson, had red swiped from me

N6: Eat Crimson (double)

N7: Pick bean

It must be that or there has been some manipulation at hand.

Oh I see, now its possible that there is shenanigans.

I still think its dangerous to vote right now so I am going to wait a little longer to see if Animal comes out of hiding.

P.S. only minor but clear is check which beans tjey have. Yellow and Black checks stomach.

So we are starting to see a clear divide of people, jonnas/peeps/rez v mr paul, aquila, animal...

We can actually afford an incorrect lynch even at this point in the game, we would get the chance at another day phase if im right. Its late and im tired so il double check everything tomorrow. I have a few things against certain people but the whole picking a bean situation is making it difficult. We just havent tracked tracked enough people.

Mr pauls slip about the clear bean adds up with what shieka did and dropped when killed, rezs story adds up. When this is done, regardless of outcome, the mafia deserve a medal. Because if we (town) win its down to dumb luck.

One last time, @Aqui1a @Animal - Anything else to say?

Oops, of course I meant check beans, not stomach, otherwise I wouldn't have a list of 4 beans on Night 2! If you really want you can go back to Day 2 and see my arguments with Sheikah over my targeting of him :p

@Cube Have a read through the thread please, see if you can figure anything out. We need people to contribute to the discussions.

I am terribly sorry that I haven't been contributing on this day phase an awful lot. I've had work and interviews and my PC has gone slow as shit for some reason. However, I found something out of importance to us...

I told you that I got the dark orange bean. Well, I chose to eat it and it let me choose any colour bean I wanted and who I could use it on. I chose the brown one on Mr-Paul and...he was evil!

Vote: Mr-Paul

VOTES:

ReZourceman (2) - Aqui1a, Mr-Paul

Animal (1) - Cube

Mr-Paul (5) - Jonnas, ReZourceman, Animal, The Peeps

Not voting (1) - Esequiel

Majority is 5; majority has been reached.

Mr-Paul is super dead. He was town!

A yellow bean fell from his cup.

GAME OVER. Mafia have won!

Winners 4

Thanks everyone for playing!

Conclusion post and analysis to follow soon!

And for those curious, here is the sheet from which I maintained the game:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArWJrbenc43YdDAtQXFDeXczRXAtLVFkeW5GTzJSeUE&usp=sharing

Also if anyone wants the code I used to run the random bean selection, I can post that too.

Edited by Yvonne
Automerged Doublepost

Well that fooking sucks, 5 mafia! Only counted on their being 4 total.

Didnt think the town used beans effectively, we just could never get our act together.

Nonetheless it was an interesting experiment.

Wheeeeee.

Yvonne, I absolutely loved this game. Great concept.

Town are probably wondering how we did it....we each had an Indigo bean. Eat it and on that night you appear good under investigation. That is when Drahkon investigated me as I ate it on night 2.

Jimbob got the correct result.

each had an Indigo bean. Eat it and on that night you appear good under investigation. That is when Drahkon investigated me as I ate it on night 2.

:(

Great, first mafia I played and lost. Will never play again.

Lol, jk.

Loved it. :) And I agree: The game's concept was amazing. Great job @Yvonne : peace:

The game genuinely confused me at first and with the Mafia having to explain it to me, I slowly got it. I was trying to force-feed you all beans on the first night, lmao. Great game, dude!

It was a good game, I like its organisation a lot, I would have eaten it up way back when! Not a lot of townies willing to figure things out this game, myself included. I used to hate players like me :p

I can still try one more mafia though! /heads to pokemafia

Really enjoyed this game, great concept Yvonne!

I'm glad none of the townies went through the trouble of checking how many beans people should have because if anyone checked me I would've had 3 beans when I should have had 1 or 2. That's because I lied about picking beans a couple of times.

I think as the game went on the mafia had more and more of an advantage as we could still co-ordinate our actions and we had a variety of beans to pick from (and we knew what most of them did), while the town's beans dwindled. I do also think we played really well as a mafia :p and it helped that we were able to get rid of the more vocal townies.

Really liked the concept of this game, felt very fresh. Unfortunately I couldn't get much of a handle on anyone here, what with anyone being able to do seemingly anything. Also Diageo you beetch. Fancy outing me as town so early on... my death was definitely on the cards after that.

Also shame on the remaining town for not sussing one of either Jonnas, Peeps or ReZ was Mafia. You just know that at least one of those players out of the remaining selection was going to be Mafia. :p

Really good concept, but I never felt like I could be that useful with my beans, unfortunately. The fact that anyone could have done anything made it hard to verify what people had done, so was harder to pick out inconsistencies in people's stories.

I think the fact that at the stage everyone's beans were dwindling the mafia could still achieve what they needed to while having a couple picking helped them out a lot. If we'd caught one/two more earlier I think they would have struggled more as the game went on.

I feel one problem was that the town used a lot of their beans early which meant there was a lot of picking later on, when there were fewer people to target so a higher likelihood of getting useful info. It was annoying that when I ran out of beans, I picked a red bean, which was pretty much useless at that stage and meant I had to pick again the following night, which then gave me a double vote, which meant there were three nights in a row where I was effectively doing nothing, giving the mafia a free run! In retrospect, we definitely made a mistake to lynch drakhon for his info on ReZ rather than ReZ himself. Five mafia also seems quite high, but then again 4 would have been a bit short. It's hard to get the number right when you have 18 players, I think in those situations you need to have 5 but have one separate/not known to the other mafia!

All in all, I liked the idea of disposable powers, but didn't like running out of powers to use!

Good game!

As everyone else said.. the concept was great. just wish I'd been involved longer :(

I think the game had the opportunity for good townie discussion rather than drip feeding us everything, and being able to check bags, check alignments and check stomach contents, we had more than enough tools for Mafioso hunting. So well played to the mafia :)

Maybe being able to claim you'd picked a bean when you hadn't gave the mafia an easy way out of discussion, so possibly in future you could have the write up include the number of beans either consumed or picked from the bag? It would still give the mafia room to manoeuvre but it would restrict it some what.

But yeah.. great game Yvonne :)

Also shame on the remaining town for not sussing one of either Jonnas, Peeps or ReZ was Mafia. You just know that at least one of those players out of the remaining selection was going to be Mafia.

2/3 wasnt bad ;)

Looking at this i would lay money that Drahkon, Peeps and Rez are mafia.

I think this game was a really good concept. With abilities being, in theory, accessible to everybody, the mafia had more room to lie, forcing townies to go by player behaviour, mostly.

Furthermore, it's really interesting to see how dynamics change. Brown beans are expended quickly, while green beans are mostly used on oneself.

In retrospect, we definitely made a mistake to lynch drakhon for his info on ReZ rather than ReZ himself.

During that day, I was so sure the town would reach this conclusion, I tried to convince everyone that Jimbob's bean had to have been tampered with :p Then Peeps and Esequiel somehow convinced the town to go with Drahkon first.

Nice concept Yvonne. I’ve decided to quit playing mafias, because each time I end up being mafia, I suck. That’s why a huge factor in my own ideas for mafias is how to blend in the mafia team with townies. This game, in hindsight, actually seems to do a perfect job of it, so I’d loved to have played it ;).