NEurope
jayseven

Netflix vs. Lovefilm

i've had to cycle my DNS this week too! it sat loading for around an hour before i closed the app and began searching for a new DNS

I signed up to Netflix a few days ago. Luckily I have my PC connected to my TV so I can switch between regions extremely easily (Star Trek is on US Netflix, Chuck and Pushing Daisies are only on Netflix Sweden).

I do like how it can detect the end credits, and if you leave during the credits, when you click play it loads the next episode straight away.

Since getting Unblock-Us it has worked amazingly. It's pretty easy to set back to the UK region, too (which I need for Breaking Bad). I just click on my second connection on the Wii U internet settings and the UK Netflix works right away. You used to have to piss around deleting the save file before changing regions but you don't seem to have to do that any more.

But man, I wish Netflix organised their films and TV series better. There's so much great stuff you could easily miss out on. On the off-chance I watched this Korean drama on there a few months ago, then the one day it gave me a list saying 'Because you watched' of loads of really awesome shows that would have never have shown up otherwise.

Heck, even an A-Z of titles would do.

I signed up to Netflix a few days ago. Luckily I have my PC connected to my TV so I can switch between regions extremely easily (Star Trek is on US Netflix, Chuck and Pushing Daisies are only on Netflix Sweden).

I do like how it can detect the end credits, and if you leave during the credits, when you click play it loads the next episode straight away.

Just checked the UK one and its only the first 4 seasons so far but Next Gen has been added so hopefully that means we'll get the rest of Star Trek soon.

Since getting Unblock-Us it has worked amazingly. It's pretty easy to set back to the UK region, too (which I need for Breaking Bad). I just click on my second connection on the Wii U internet settings and the UK Netflix works right away. You used to have to piss around deleting the save file before changing regions but you don't seem to have to do that any more.

wait you don't need to delete the data anymore? thats news to me! awesome

would you recomend Unblock-US? i atempted a free trial but never got an email....

i've had to cycle my DNS this week too! it sat loading for around an hour before i closed the app and began searching for a new DNS

That might explain why I was getting an error when I didn't realise that Hola-unblocker was still on the US servers. Thought it was down.

Changed back to UK and it worked fine.

Decided Swedish Netflix is best because of their TV lineup: Chuck, Veronica Mars, Pushing Daisies, Homeland, Party Down, Dexter, The Big C, The Hour, Lost, 24, Walking Dead, Sons of Anarchy, Firefly, Jericho, Buffy, Star Trek, Stargate, Mad Men, Bones, Twin Peaks and more. I know a lot are on US Netflix as well, but there's some nice exclusives in there.

How are people getting Swedish Netflix then? Im not paying for any of my methods for the US one and I'd prefer to keep it that way if possible.

How are people getting Swedish Netflix then? Im not paying for any of my methods for the US one and I'd prefer to keep it that way if possible.

Unblock-us. It's worth the £3.75 a month.

Unblock-us. It's worth the £3.75 a month.

Not when there are ways to do it for free. I already get UK and US and hopefully with this Hola Unblocker I will get more.

@Cube Ok ive installed it, how do you access other Netflix then?

Not when there are ways to do it for free. I already get UK and US and hopefully with this Hola Unblocker I will get more.

@Cube Ok ive installed it, how do you access other Netflix then?

Meh I'd say the ability to switch countries with the click of a button, rather than the re-programming of DNS settings, and being able to watch it on any device (unlike Hola) makes it worthwhile for me.

Plus I can't seem to find Swedish DNS settings.

At least for US im not doing anything with DNS settings. I just have Firefox set for UK Netflix and I have mediahint installed on Chrome to allow US Netflix.

Sorry I meant watching on consoles, which is what I do 98% of the time.

If I have to do it with consoles then I have a similar set up. PS3 plays UK Netflix and Wii plays US.

Anyway thanks @Cube I found the right script that lets me jump between the different Netflix. Let the Chuck rewatch begin!

Oh they finally added it onto the US one? Sweet.

Been rewatching Chuck and Veronica Mars myself, alternating between episodes. Forgot that Bonita Friedericy was in Veronica Mars (and wasn't the person that played Beckman in the Chuck pilot).

Oh they finally added it onto the US one? Sweet.

No this is using the Swedish one.

I don't know why Chuck isn't anywhere else yet. It was announced back in January that it was coming.

Oh yeah for some reason I thought I was on the US one. It's been a long day.

Yeah I was confused about that as well, kept randomly checking. Can't believe its still not on.

As of today, we Dutchmen can enjoy Netflix. Library is limited as of yet, but I don’t need more than Arrested Development and Adventure Time. For now.

@Ashley what are the exclusives on the swedish netflix? I think I only watched 3 seasons of Chuck so thanks for the reminder :)

I've not watched any movies yet, oddly. Going to have an explore on the weekend with the ladyfriend. Probably going to end up watching some shite. And I still gotta try check the US netflix -- mostly to see if there's an extra season of some of the shows i wanna watch on the UK version.

I do have to say... I've not laughed much with the new Arrested Development... Don't have the energy to watch the original series 4 times over just to feel like the new series is working. Only watched two episodes so far though.

Chuck, Pushing Daisies, Veronica Mars and Party Down that I can recall, but may be others from my list. Been a while since I checked the USA one.