NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Andross

Nintendo Conducts Virtual Console Survey! Pics & Games mentioned!

I hope Capcom, Konami and Sega come on board. Especially Konami with Secret of Mana and Chrono Trigger. Sega: Streets of Rage, Altered Beast, Sonic. Capcom: Street Fighter and Megaman. I'd say this could be a killer app alone as long as the prices aren't too high. Bring some old gamers back.

As long as its a secondary option, its all good but id much rather pick and buy the games than have a subscription. I have enough monthly bills as it is.

Any anyway, i thought the whole reason Nintendo didnt go online this generation was because they didnt want people having to pay a subscription fee.

Which makes this whole article seem bogus.

no way! that's jsut plain stupid. I think they need to get their acts together, and the game oline up is ***

no way! that's jsut plain stupid. I think they need to get their acts together, and the game oline up is ***

I'm afraid you lost me there.

Anyway, I hope Nintendo makes some of these online, I mean, who here doesn't want to play goldeneye online? Unfortunately this is Nintendo we're talking about...

Game Informer says that those pictures are from Flash that was used in survey. The survey was made Zanthus, which has done some other surveys for Nintendo during last two years.

Direct quote from GI article:

Questions ranged from "Would you buy the Revolution within the first 12 months if it were $199 or $299", a number of generic questions about which games you would like to play, as well as download scenarios related to the virtual console. Among the questions was related to pricing for classic games, which tossed around three pricing scenarios, game purchase, game rental, and game subscription. The game subscription concept would be either allowing you to be able to rent a certain number of games per month, and as long as you kept your subscription current any game you had rented you could always play. Pricing varied for these different service possibilities: all-you-can-rent option for $14.99 per month, NES titles for $2.99, and N64 titles at $19.99 per game. The survey would ask for your opinion if you would be willing to pay that much for each .

URL: http://gameinformer.com/News/Story/200601/N06.0110.1522.53254.htm

URL: http://www.zanthus.com/

N64 titles are quite expensive, but the pricing on the NES ones is right on. C'mon Nintendo make N64 games 15$ max

Just let me buy a card with points on it - and those I can use to unlock games. No subscription or PayPal/CC stuff. For casual gamers you need something like that. Walk into a store, buy a card and go home and unlock the game you want.

Pricing: (per game)

NES: 1€

SNES: 2€

N64: 4€

Because those games are old, you don't get a box, manual - you don't even own the games because you don't get a cartdrige but only software you have to download and store. If you want to bring it to a friend you need a memory card.

To be honest I think Nintendo makes that service another cash cow - like they did with the NES GBA games. I already got all those consoles and a lot of games for them so I need a very good pricing reason to buy them AGAIN!

I think that's a bit too cheap, you are talking about videogames they made and IPs, so it's obvious they want to make money. Let's not forget that there are still some N64 games in stores and that not everyone is buying those a second time.

Yeah but in a second hand game store I get N64 games for less than 10€ but I got the whole thing with manual, box, cartdrige...

Yeah, the retro games are quite expensive. I was hoping for it to work with some stars catologue system. I guess I won't be downloading a lot of old games...

Sign in to follow this