NEurope
bryanee

Please Understand Direct - 7/8 (there is one hidden on the cover ;)

NIntendo freaking TV please Nintendo!!! Or pull that stupid icon from my gamepad and stop taunting me!

K.Rool revealed to be the 4th playable character in DKC:TF! And a newcomer in Smash Bros!

That gif....gets me every time.

:D Brilliant, isn't it?

NIntendo freaking TV please Nintendo!!! Or pull that stupid icon from my gamepad and stop taunting me!

Right, what is this Nintendo TV thing? What is it meant to do?

MAJORA'S MASK 3D
Yes! But would rather have Majora's Mask Wii U!
VANILLAWARE WORKING ON METROID!!?!?!?!??!
Who? Never mind. New Metroid! More Metroid is never wrong!
NEW ADVANCE WARS
Yes, Yes, yes. Yyyyyyyessssss! Pleeeeeease!
NEW F-ZERO
I would cry happy tears like I haven't done since A Link Between Worlds was announced!

Ridiculous Idea: Surprise Announcement: Nintendo Paintball. A conglomeration of Nintendo franchise characters going around various themed levels playing Paintball...covering the online FPS hole :p

I would buy all of my friends Wii U's just to play that.

Paintball??

I want a nintendo themed COD where I can machine gun down certain shitty annoying characters!!

:laughing: :laughing: Please Understand Direct. Absolutely slayed me. Hats off to whichever genius that was. :laughing:

They'll probably explain StreetPass Relay as well. Just been reading up on it and, basically, when you pass a Nintendo Zone you "StreetPass" the last person who went by, like passing the baton in a relay.

EDIT - As Guy said.

I'm interested in Relay...what happens if you're in the area for a while? What happens if you and another person is? What takes priority etc?

:laughing: :laughing: Please Understand Direct. Absolutely slayed me. Hats off to whichever genius that was. :laughing:

I'm interested in Relay...what happens if you're in the area for a while? What happens if you and another person is? What takes priority etc?

If you are the most recent to pass it, you won't receive it. If you passed someone earlier and they're the last one at that spot, you won't receive it

That "please understand" mantra is getting old real quick. I wish people would stop with it already.

You seem to be implying only one person can possibly be in range of it at any time; I'm saying that's not the case and I wonder what happens. Especially as two or more 3DSes might be within range of the relay-wifi but not within range of each other. Some may stay, some may move etc.

You seem to be implying only one person can possibly be in range of it at any time; I'm saying that's not the case and I wonder what happens. Especially as two or more 3DSes might be within range of the relay-wifi but not within range of each other. Some may stay, some may move etc.

The relay just keeps and sends the most recent person it connected with. While there may be multiple in the vicinity, it will still work in a similar manner.

Anyway, I'm now convinced that Smash Bros has a bit in this Direct

Ok, so I go to the pub; I get a relay of the last streetpass.

Person X walks past, they get the relay of MY streetpass.

I'm still in the pub, do I get Person X's streetpass? Or am I limited to only 1 relay pass every Y hours?

Then what if Person Z is doing exactly what I'm doing. Who's getting whose streetpasses?

Assume that no 3DS manages to be in direct range of each other, but only with the relay wifi.

Paintball??

I want a nintendo themed COD where I can machine gun down certain shitty annoying characters!!

Judging by your lame sub 0.5 K/D all those 'shitty characters' wouldn't have much to worry about with you on the trigger!

*raises hand*

Although I can't take credit for the Pikmin line that was added. Who did that?

Ok, so I go to the pub; I get a relay of the last streetpass.

Person X walks past, they get the relay of MY streetpass.

I'm still in the pub, do I get Person X's streetpass? Or am I limited to only 1 relay pass every Y hours?

Then what if Person Z is doing exactly what I'm doing. Who's getting whose streetpasses?

Assume that no 3DS manages to be in direct range of each other, but only with the relay wifi.

My understanding is, if your in range of the relay you should get X's data since it's new.

If you or Z gets it will depend on who's 3DS connects to the relay first. If Z connects you should get Z's Streetpass data and the relay will contain your data again.

Could be wrong though, I'm not aware of any limitations.

EU Direct is 39 minutes.

39 minutes is a long time. I guess we're gonna see some gameplay demonstrations.

Or Iwata will apologise profusely and then show us some concept art of link's arm in Zelda U.

I hope for new announcements so I can read the usual moaning comments that I oh so love. I jest. :heh:

I love these Directs. Even when they just release snippets of already announced games like more gameplay videos, screen shots, details etc! Gets me excited about what's to come!

I really would love to see some more Mario Party 3ds news, more info on the Yoshi game (is there a title for this yet?!), and would love some more Bayonetta news!

Pity I'm at tennis 2-4 today so will have to catch up between sets lol.

*raises hand*

Although I can't take credit for the Pikmin line that was added. Who did that?

That would be me :p .. any excuse to play around with thread titles!

39 minutes... for when 40 is just too long ;)

Just 39 minutes!? Pfft, this Nintendo Direct has failed.

40 mins or bust Nintendo!

I don't have a Wii U and haven't bought anything new for the 3DS for a bit (except the SMT: DS Overclocked bundle thingy), and yet for some reason I still get really excited for Nintendo Direct!

39 minute though... not sure I can afford to slack off work for that long :p

I'll only be able to see about 30-35 minutes of it so I'm likely to miss any special treats at the end of the Direct..