NEurope
Cube

Your Last Game

The Last of Us

Slowly took my time with this. Finished it off last week.

Overall I thought it was a great experience, good story backed by fantastic characters, constant change of emotions throughout and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Had a movie feel to it, I can't remember who (Happenstance?) said it, but they would rather watch an LP and I can see why some would do that. You can watch it all and enjoy it too.

The Last of Us

Slowly took my time with this. Finished it off last week.

Overall I thought it was a great experience, good story backed by fantastic characters, constant change of emotions throughout and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Had a movie feel to it, I can't remember who (Happenstance?) said it, but they would rather watch an LP and I can see why some would do that. You can watch it all and enjoy it too.

Yeah it was me, I just didnt like the gameplay.

The Walking Dead - 400 Days DLC

Just finished playing this DLC, it was nice to get back to this world and has made me excited all over again for season two.

gonehome_1600x900.png

Gone Home (PC) - really enjoyed this. Had to check it out after seeing it scoop a ton of 9.5 - 10 scores.

Basically it's an interactive story driven game where you investigate your family home to find out why nobody is there. There is a great level of detail to the objects you discover and it's really interesting getting to know the family through journal entries and notes.

Short game, maybe a few hours, but definitely worth playing.

Edited by Sheikah

Castle of Illusion HD ( PSN )

Quality little platformer with some amazing music. The fact the Sully does the narration is also a bonus. :D

Some of the platforming near the end was outstanding, with the castle breaking apart and you having to make perfect jumps. It also reminded me of Banjo Kazooie, having to climb the tower only to have to face a witch that rhymed when she spoke. :D

Virtua Fighter 2 ( PSN )

This was on sale for like £1.50, so I snapped it up.

This took me back to my Saturn days. What a fighter. It took me a while to get into the swing of things again and about 10 mins to actually beat Lion. I used to use him all the time back in the day ( because he had curtains ) but I had to switch fighters as I couldn't remember how to use him properly.

Daytona ( PSN )

Rooooooooooooollllllllliiiing Staaaaaaaaaaaarrrrt!!

Another game that was cheap and another game that took me back to the Satura era. Driving aroun in the Hornet never looked so good.

Sonic The Fighters ( PSN )

Rubbish fighter, easy trophies.

ShinMegamiTenseiII176_zps4fc73390.jpgShinMegamiTenseiII133_zpsfbb49382.jpg

ShinMegamiTenseiII43_zpsfd522dd0.jpgShinMegamiTenseiII113_zps001e7b6c.jpg

41. Shin Megami Tensei II

Finished this a week ago. It fixes some of the issues from the first game (fewer random encounters!), while refusing to fix others (how am I supposed to know where to go without a guide?).

Pretty fun, though.

CoD: Black Ops 2 (Wii U)

I finally managed to get my diamond shotguns, which was my target for the online side of things. With that done and dusted I set my eyes on the campaign.

I hated it at first but after a few chapters the story really grew on me. I was gutted how

Mason was killed though.

:(

The level where you took control of Menendez was quite trippy and brutal at the same time.

I really didn't get or like the ending though. I'm not on about the band scene but rather how things were left with Menendez.

It took nearly a year to actually play the thing but now it's done and i'm ready for Ghosts.

Killzone: Mercenary (Vita)

Quality game with some amazing visuals being pulled off on the little handheld. The cash/level up system is great, with you netting exp for just about every action you take. Probably my second favourite Killzone game.

Dead Rising 2

This game is such a mixed bag.

At times I absolutely loved it, killing 1000s of zombies with everything but the kitchen sink. Whats not to love.

The main story was pretty good with a lot of twists along the way.

Saving survivors got very tiresome after awhile and the collectathon at the end, urghhh.

The combat system though when fighting the psychopaths is so frustrating, works fine fighting zombies but with these, god, it never worked perfectly for me.

The loading screens at times, they were so long. Near the end of the game, there was a 1 minute wait for a cut scene, then another 30 seconds wait for another cut scene straight after. Why?!

In the end, glad I used my 30 day gold subscription to get it as a free game. Hours of frustrating fun.

I finally finished Devil Survivor: Overclocked 100%. 100 hours well spent (well, 130, according to my activity log)?

DevilSurvivorOverclocked100_zpsd2e30de8.jpg

DevilSurvivorOverclockeddemons_zpsbc80c9e6.jpg

Kingdom Hearts HD ( PS3 )

What a game. It's just as good as it was back on the PS2 all those years ago. S-E did a great job cleaning up the visuals for this release and kept it a budget price as well.

*points finger at Nintendo*

I so hope that the 2.5 rumours are true and we get KH2, BBS and DDD in HD at some point.

gonehome_1600x900.png

Gone Home (PC) - really enjoyed this. Had to check it out after seeing it scoop a ton of 9.5 - 10 scores.

Basically it's an interactive story driven game where you investigate your family home to find out why nobody is there. There is a great level of detail to the objects you discover and it's really interesting getting to know the family through journal entries and notes.

Short game, maybe a few hours, but definitely worth playing.

I will be checking this one out! Im a big fan of games like Hotel dusk and Extreme Escape:999 so I shall add this to the pile.

NewSuperMarioBros2_zpsd74f1f73.jpg

42. New Super Mario Bros. 2

Only Nintendo would center a game around collecting coins and then offer no reward for collecting them.

"You've collected 30,000 coins!"

Hooray?

Only Nintendo would center a game around collecting coins and then offer no reward for collecting them.

Hooray?

What, other companies offer real-life rewards for their games' collectables? :heh:

Not that often, though. Countless RPGs have difficult quests that are there just for the challenge (I mean, what's the point of a reward for the most difficult and hard-to-reach boss in the game, anyway?), and games like Tetris or Facebook games have absolutely nothing beyond a high score.

And then there's achievements, which is exactly what that 30,000 coin thing sounds like.

Just saying, ain't an uncommon thing for the challenge and the collectionism being there just for that.

Assassins Creed 3 .

Finally finished this late last night. I found it a slog. The graphics were good and the story was interesting. I didnt really give a shit about Connor though and found him at times annoying. I think I would have rather continued to play as Hatham if im being honest.

The gameplay was just meh and was not particularly inspiring. I felt it was more of an interactive film.

But it did grow on me and I reckon I will be getting the next one on the cheap.

Just finished Resistance 3 coop with a friend. Wasnt as good as the first one, but still enjoyable. Story was pants.

Started Killzone 3 coop and I'm liking it so far.

10798262-1370606736-803540.jpg

Overall, a good game. Found the story to be a bit boring, and that last level went on for an age, but had a blast and 100%'d this beauty. Won't be doing it hard mode though.

Back to Fire Emblem, on the 3DS, for me.

NewSuperMarioBros2_zpsd74f1f73.jpg

Hooray?

I was kinda surprised by the decision to focus on coins too (haven't played this yet). I mean, coins are one of the least useful collectibles out of pretty much all video games. I always cruise through Mario games stacked with lives. So pointless.

Sonic had it right. One hit and you lose them all.

Not that often, though.

Actually most of the time if you're tasked with collecting a load of stuff/completing the hardest quest in the game, there usually is a reward. Often the reward is useless by that point as you've pretty much confirmed that you've done everything the game has to offer. But you still get something.

*Fuck you lousy 151 Pokemon certificate* :p

Actually most of the time if you're tasked with collecting a load of stuff/completing the hardest quest in the game, there usually is a reward. Often the reward is useless by that point as you've pretty much confirmed that you've done everything the game has to offer. But you still get something.

*Fuck you lousy 151 Pokemon certificate* :p

*shrug* To me, the reward for the hardest quest in the game is not much different than a certificate, really. But I see your point.

Achievements for hard accomplishments in games are pretty common nowadays, though.

Gravity Bone

Played it as heard I should before playing Thirty Flights of Loving. Loved it but it was too damn short! Took me 10/15 minutes loved it. A first person game without any shooting and with a really cool aesthetic.

Megaman X ( Wii U )

Finished this in one sitting. Hell of a game that brought back tons of memories.

Super Mario World ( Wii U )

A master piece that puts the NEW series to shame.

Legend of Zelda ( Wii U )

Classic adventuring that still offers quite a challenge.

@Hero\-of\-Time.

I disagree. I actually think the Wii U version lives up to SMW

Did Super Mario Bros this morning. No reason. Just felt like playing through it.

New Super Mario Bros U is better than SMW but that's a discussion for a different thread.

Mega Man X Wii U Virtual Console

First time beating the game despite starting many times in the past. Great game though.

Super Mario Bros. Wii U Virtual Console

In memory of Hiroshi Yamauchi.